Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Conor has being good the last few matches and probably deserves trials . Michael Murphy is a huge loss.tullaron will be happy today but will know they wil know they'll have to improve .

Boro had a straight foward win over Vegas and their poor record in the park continues. Martin gaffney was excellent. Apart from the ten minutes after half time when John Walsh got a goal the boro controlled this game. John had a few half chances but he was smothered most of the time. Some of the shot selection from Vegas was poor. Buckley didn't play he was limping with the subs and Harry shine came on and was lively and definitely will be a help to the boro this year.

Clara/shamrocks v tullaron

Village v boro

The village and the boro will be happy enough with that. The village will get confidence from yesterday,tullaron know they've come through a battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Marrooned

10€ entry into Freshford yesterday for a group junior semi final and no team sheet .Any time there is a charge on the gate there is supposed to be a team sheet provided,earlier in the day there was a minor semi final in Callan €5 on the gate and a team sheet provided. The boro had a good win today went out of it for a while in the second half,but Mullinavat didn’t capitalize on it , and the boro came back for a good finish Andy Gaffney was brilliant along with Evan Cody and Fenno and Ollie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭robwen

TG4 listings say live coverage of the Kilkenny Hurling semi final next Sunday 2pm, I'm guessing this will actually be the delayed quarter final between Shamrocks & Clara which is down for 2pm Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Must love hardship

I thought the Mayo football 1/4 finals were on TG4.

• Advertisement

I'm only going by the listings on sky, they have it on the schedule on their website aswell if u go to Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Neewollah

Mark Dowling under 20 manager

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭The Birchfield Boy

How do kk people view this? His name not mentioned at all in build up.. obviously led d boro to d holy grail but would have to be disappointed with his time at SARS.

Why would he be disappointed with his time with SARS. Brought them to a county final last year when they were on the floor and lost big players this year from injury so he didn’t do too bad .He also won two or three league titles with the Boro .Talk about giving someone a chance.Did you even have the manners to congratulate him on his appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

• Advertisement

Best of luck to Mark dowling with the u20s.He done a good job with thurles considering. Hopefully a good back room to follow.

The bridge are set to lose Liam blanchfield,Rob lennon and huw o neill to Australia.its being a dissapointing two years despite all the potential they've struggled to kick on. The aggression and skill they showed during the league vanished before the championship started.Did they peak too early two years in a row?This was probably their best chamce of getting to a final.i think they only scored around 1-5 from play last weekend.

Freshford got rid of their management and Stephen farrell has took it on. I also heard James maher is coming home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Really happy for Mark who is a good guy and is very dedicated in everything he does. He's a serious man but treats his players fairly and communicates very well with them. All the Boro players had massive time for him as did all the team that worked with him. He has his own ideas on how the game should be played and would be a mixture of modern and traditional as the game and circumstances dictate.

Not an easy call for any U20 manager with Derek now being the senior manager and possibly bringing in the best U20 players onto the senior panel. Hopefully Derek appreciates the tough job Mark has ahead, having been in his shoes last year and they will work well together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Village87

Hopefully some of the 4 in a row winning team can get involved. They all seem very reluctant to do anything with the county set up in any grade. Id love to see Tommy Walsh or JJ Delaney step in.

Jackie Tyrell, Brian Hogan, Riche Power, Henry Shefflin, Micheal Fennelly, David Herity, James Ryall, Taggy Fogarty, Eddie Brennan, Eoin Larkin, Paul Murphy all seem happy to tell us where it is going wrong but not willing step in

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kentu

You might well be approached to take on a role with them who knows!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Village87

• Registered Users Posts: 10,440 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Super Saturday :

Tullaroan GAA this sat. Senior Camogie Semi Finals.

Dicksboro V Piltown - 11.15

Clara V Thomastown - 2.00

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

I say Sarsfield's would be disappointed with there selves before Mark Dowling went to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

I was there last saturday see two on the gate near the school had to be separated they were tearing lumps out of one another verbally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Post deleted

Post edited by tbiggertycome on

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭The Birchfield Boy

Not winning a co final with a team like Thurles would have to be a disappointment despite loosing a key man or two. I'm sure they are disappointed too btw... Granted loughmore pipped em in a replay but loughmore(great club no disrespect intended) are tiny in comparison.

I asked the question as no one here had mentioned him.. too busy with dropping the obvious names!

• Advertisement

I mentioned him about three pages back.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kentu

Another big weekend in store this weekend looking forward to taking in some of the games:

Clara v Shamrocks: Clara will not want to let Ballyhale get up ahead of steam from the start of this game like they can do and like they done 2 years ago against themselves, if they can stay in the game they're in with a shout but Shamrocks have so much call upon it's hard to look past them.

Dicksboro v Village: Village after a bad league coming good at right time of year and will be a dangerous prospect come Sunday for the neighbours, who will need C Buckley to be fit no doubt, Dicksboro hurling well but fancy Village here as they had a tougher test last weekend.

Lisdowney v Ballycallan: Graigue have not been scoring enough this year and will be hard to lift the tide against a slightly fancied Lisdowney side here who might well get the Job done and stay up.

Rower v Mooncoin: Mooncoin will come with a big perfomance here and give Rower Inistioge plenty of it but the experience of K Joyce, the Lyngs, Richie Leahy and return of Darragh Joyce should see them home.

Danesfort v Conahy: Danesfort have been moving well all year and will be expected to come through this game by 5-6 points.

St Martins v Thomastown: TTown gave Martins a fair hiding a few weeks back but Muckalee should make a better game of this one but Thomastown should have too much.

Carrickshock v Dunnanmaggin: Tie of the round for me here between close neighbours and rivals, Dunnamaggin shipped a beating from them a few weeks back and will hardly leak as many goals so this should be a closer tie, I'm predicting a narrow Shocks win.

Fenians v Feshford: Not many would predict Freshford to be here but it has been a tough year without a few of their better players, Fenians will be very hard to shake off obviously but if James Maher is back like one poster said they might narrowly edge it.

Tullogher v Windgap: Tie of the Junior quaters definitely windgap shipped a 10 point beating a few weeks back but came through a tough game last weekend, Tullogher the form team of year may have a very narrow edge.

Callan v Blacks and Whites: Callan were lucky to get over Slieverue who had more than enough chances to win, Callan seem to be lacking a few scoring forwards but have a very tight defensive unit who won't give much away, blacks and whites will have no fear and go about their business very quietly and might sneak another win here.

Piltown v Graig: toss of a coin here but Graig with a tough championship match last weekend might get over the line here.

Village v Boro (Junior): both sides moving very well Dicksboro will want to make amends for last years loss and it could see them get back into a semi final.

Post edited by kentu on

Sky listings now showing Mayo Quarter finals at both 2pm & 4.10pm Sunday, the TG4 schedule still says Kilkenny semi final, I'd imagine the football is being shown

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭supernova5

now TG4 has the two Sunday screenings down for Mayo football, Fu**ing sideways and backwards throw ball all day long and even the RTE2 live screening on Saturday is more handball, what's going on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭kk.man

RIP Brian Mullins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Must love hardship

Well the kk county board could easily stream the games taking place in Nowlan park as we have seen over the last few years but in their infinite wisdom they have chosen to increase the in person prices up to €15 with no streaming options.

Dissapointing for some of us who maybe are no longer living locally and can't make it down to the game.

Like you say with football on the TV you might have gotten a few neutrals to buy a pass to watch both games with all the ballyhale stars playing in one game and cody on the sideline in the other.

A missed opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,882 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Yeah it's infuriating, in America and only seen one kk match so far which was never going to be all that competitive. Glad I got to see Colin fennelly and Joey Holden in the US nationals I suppose, although they weren't exactly breaking their holes in those matches.

Gbc had a deserved win over lisdowney in Freshford. Lisdowney had a man sent off half way through the first half for an off the ball incident. They had a big mountain to climb against the wind in the second half. Gbc wing back name escapes me got two very good long range points and they had a chap full foward number 20 who threw over 4 points. Tommy ronan got a couple of scores and covered alot of ground. Gbc also drove alot of wides in the 2nd half. Eddie brennan was on the line encouraging the players. Aidan Tallis came on late and got a consultation goal.

Cshock had a comfortable win over Dunnamaggin. Eoghan o neill very good on the frees and he also goy two goals. John Power was good at 6 while Michael cody was also good for Dunnamaggin. Joe Fitzpatrick started up in the fowards and went off so obviously injured.

Danesfort were in a battle with about 10 minutes to go when the teams were level but they got a goal and this took the Sting out of conahy. Richie threw over a few good points and looks to be moving well

Wasn't at the intermediate relegation but johnstown had done it again. Hard to believe Freshford were in a county final last year and now junior. Liam hickey was listed while James maher wasn't.

Windgap had a great win over tullogher who had wally dismissed with 2 yellows. Its some turnaround from the league a few weeks ago and windgap are in the driving seat to win the junior

Late drama in the minor county final with the boro winning their 4th title in a row. Congratulations to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

Are today's matches in the Park a sellout ,or is the Website just is down ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭blackcard

Richie Hogan was lining up a tricky free about 50 metres out on the sideline into the wind yesterday. The Conahy water carrier squirted water towards him and was generally in close proximity to Richie. The referee moved the ball to about 35 metres out and 20 metres from the sideline. Not disagreeing with the decision as the Conahy official was acting the brat but I never saw any incident similar to this before?

Advertisement