Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating oil big drop

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Bit the bullet and ordered 500l for €625 with Topoil (thanks whoever gave the discount code). Annoyed I didn't do it earlier in the week like some others here who got it for €610.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭Gusser09

€389 for 300 liters local fuels Kildare.

Still dropping steadily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,678 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Barrel of oil price tumbling again today. Serious fears of a global recession. Currently $86 a barrel. It was last this price back in December /January I think

• Registered Users Posts: 5,659 ✭✭✭obi604

bit dramatic? barrel price could be up again next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Oil exports from Russia by sea being banned by the EU by end of year. Also, Russia can just stop exporting anytime. So anything could happen.

Best to give this guy a call ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

He knows how to heat all those Southforks around the country too 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭wassie

I'm hoping to wake up and realise the price rises over the last two years were all a dream....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

Dollar at 0.96.

That rate gets applied to the oil price AND the refining price.

So Brent crude is just over €90 - about the same as last week when the dollar was just over €1

Refining slightly up and heading back to $50 (€52)

In euro terms the cost per litre before any tax (carbon and vat) and distribution is just over 88c

So slightly higher in net euro term

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,064 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Paid 608 for 500 ltrs kero. Burke oil or Kennys Fuel. No coupons.

Certa was 625 Monday for same volume and was 675 last night.

Bought from Kenny's, I'd assume that's the bottom of the current market and it will race back up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Bit the bullet on corrib oil yesterday, €625 for 500L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,659 ✭✭✭obi604

When is the new carbon tax being applied?

I guess this will wipe out any drops when applied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭horse7

Think the Nora has been frozen in the budget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭Helium

Just got 500L for €598 from Certa, formerly Campus oil and others. Code WRK30 brings it down from €613

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

There's no NORA levy on home heating oils.

The carbon tax increase on fossil home heating fuels is normally applied on May 1st of the following year.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

Their website is utterly dogshite. Managed to get an order in after a few attempts. Cheers for the code.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

Anyone in Galway beating RightPriceOil at €1219 for 1000l kero? source oilprices.ie

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

"Since I no longer expect anything from mankind except madness, meanness, and mendacity; egotism, cowardice, and self-delusion, I have stopped being a misanthrope." Irving Layton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,781 ✭✭✭✭JPA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,064 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Certa all over the shop. Was 675 yesterday night . Wicklow. Now it's the above price with a discount applied 598

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭honda boi

Ye was under 600€ for 500itres for me yesterday.

Up to €610 today so I bit the bullet as prices are increasing again

There was no carbon tax announced for home heating oil that I'm aware of

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭Buffman

He left it a bit ambiguous in his speech, he didn't say if the NORA levy is being reduced to 0 for everything or just motor petrol and diesel.

His speech:

"Carbon Tax

The rate per tonne of carbon dioxide emitted for petrol and diesel will go up from €41 to €48.50 from 12 October as per the trajectory set out in the Finance Act 2020.

This will mean that there will be an increase of just over two cent VAT inclusive per litre of petrol and diesel.

However, I also recognise the sharp cost of living challenges currently being faced by society, so the government is therefore proposing to offset this carbon tax increase with a reduction to zero of the National Oil Reserves Agency (NORA) levy.

The NORA levy which is collected at a rate of 2 cent per litre (VAT exclusive) will help offset the carbon tax increase which means that the price at the pump will not go up as a result of taxes or levies"

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Bit the bullet and ordered 300 litres for €379 in Wexford today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭Buffman

I just saw this on https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/money_and_tax/tax/motor_carbon_other_taxes/carbon_tax.html so presumably that includes home heating oil going up on 1st May next and no corresponding reduction in NORA levy.

"Budget 2023

It was announced that Carbon Tax will increase by €7.50 per tonne of carbon dioxide emitted, from €41.00 to €48.50. This applies from 12 October 2022 for auto fuels but will be offset by a levy reduction so that it will not result in a price increase. For all other fuels, the carbon tax will increase from 1 May 2023."

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭seanin4711

serious profiteering by oil companies and governments so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭tech

are we looking at prices coming down anytime soon ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭Glebee

They have been dropping slowly for the last month but cant see them ever going back to what they were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭Gusser09

I'd imagine the best we can hope for is €1 euro per litre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭screamer

There’s a few more cent to go for oil drops yet. But I would think that demand will start rising which may well negate or even push prices the other way. I’m going to order in the next 3 days and take my chances.

• Advertisement
Advertisement