Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭GIMickey

To be honest, I got the green and it very rarely it actually looks green. I ended up really liking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭D_D

Saw one in a local Kia dealer here. I think the green looks great!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Doonbegman

It will make a change I suppose and will be a talking point along with the car-good or bad. Since 1999 he has had Silver/Silver/Silver/Black/Silver/Plantnim/Platnium/White and now green.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,054 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

So how long does he keep a car on average 2.5 to 3 years?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭GIMickey

For those who live close to or use the Irish motorway network, does HDA appear on the HUD when driving ??? I saw it on Nobby on cars video review of the Niro and thought to myself right away, I haven't seen that feature yet 🤣.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Wingnut1984

Car still hasn't arrived at the dealers, this is turning into a joke...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sbar

Yes it does when you've turned on driver assistance on the steering wheel. The first press after starting the car will engage the smart cruise control at the current speed. The HUD (not on the K3 I believe, it's on K4's only - I have the PHEV K4) will display lane keep assist and lane follow assist along with sat nav directions if a route has been set and current speed, speed limit and smart cruise control set speed are displayed. it's very good, I use it a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭jonseyblub

I know this is probably a silly question but does the sat nav directions only work with the car nav or does it integrate with google maps? I really don't like the Kia Nav system. Eircodes don't seem to integrate well

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭davidod1

To use Google Maps, as far as an Android phone is concerned, it's just a question of connecting the phone through a USB cable to the front USB socket and then tap Android Auto on the car menu. After the setup, Google Maps will be available to you on the screen any time you plug in your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 TonyUncleJohny

Anyone have an up to date expected delivery time period?

I missed the boat I’m told for 222 was still trying to sell my current car, was back onto my local Kia Dealer (East Leinster) and best they could say was they’d know how many vehicles their getting in Oct/Nov with delivery due in Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Redundo

Picked mine up today - absolutely love it.

Going to take time getting familiar with the run of it. Not used to having so many active driver assists working. But it is very easy to drive, can ignore all the extras if you want and just use wheel, accelerator, brake and indicators (because we're not all Audi drivers). The build quality is even better than I expected, feels really nice inside the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭MangleBadger

For anybody who has received/ordered a Niro on PCP I was in with a dealer yesterday and they applied the grant as deposit rather than knocking it off the overall price. Is this your experience? I've always seen it as a discount on price which allows me to add more money on as a deposit to get a lower monthly repayment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Is that them trying to offer a deal with "no deposit" needed from you?????.

Seems odd.

Because if you qualify for the grant then the amount to be financed should exclude the grant completely - because SEAI are paying that.

Id be telling them they need to go back to the drawing board if they want a deal....

And yes I know they will find someone else to take the car but your post sounds to me like they are overcharging you by 5 k.

Sod that.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭MangleBadger

While they are not actually over charging me if definitely feels like it. Instead of being able to put down €13k deposit on a €45k car I can put down €10k on a €50k car

Anyone know if the Niro has a walk-away auto lock function? Where you just close the doors and go for the car to lock itself? I haven't worked it out yet and it's been a fairly standard feature on keyless cars for some time now.

Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

I could be wrong, but I don't think the feature exists on the Niro

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭jonseyblub

Finally got mine today...Really pleased with it. The power is amazing. The HUD is a nice touch and considering I have three teenagers who like to try to take the hinges off the boot every time they take out their schoolbags, the electric tailgate is a nice addition. One thing though. I'm coming from the PHEV and I think the amount of storage space up front is really small. The center console is tiny compared to the PHEV and door storage seems very small too. Also, the sunglasses spot being gone is also a bit of a pain. I suppose it'll stop me storing sh%$e that I don't need. It's going to be a good week messing about with the settings!!

Got the Interstallar Grey and really like it, very happy to have gotten it. Saw both the Blue and Cityscape Green models at the dealer. The blue is lovely and the green seems to be a different colour everytime you look at it, it's mad.

• Advertisement

Yeah, that's what my Google-Fu is saying as well. Seems a shame, but perhaps there is some reason for it.

The car can definitely detect when the key is near because the wing mirrors automatically extend as you walk towards the car. Thought that was a nice little feature. Also I saw an option somewhere in the settings that you can have the boot auto open if you approach it. Haven't tried that one or yet though.

Ms

Very nice.

That's mad about the green alright.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 TonyUncleJohny

Anyone waiting, Kia Ireland conference in Mid October so we should know more soon.

Yes, I think both of these are possible, but I would find both very annoying personally. I don't mind pressing a button when I want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭OO7FITZY

anyone replace their tyres recently and recommend a good brand?

always found the factory fitted tyres to be a bit harsh sounding with some of the noise coming through to the cabin

• Registered Users Posts: 13,663 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Anyone struggling with setting second driver profile in MY22 Niro EV or it's just me?

Ms jou has her account set up as primary driver and it works fine.

I tried setting my own as a second one - typed the nickname, hit "OK", all fine until next time I start the car - nickname resets to default "Driver2". WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

In what way do you mean?

HDA appears highlighted in green on the HUD when you’re on a motorway. HDA NAV also appears if you’re using the inbuilt nav.

It also shows blind spot detection on the HUD.

You can use voice control to open it aswell but you have to call it a trunk 🤦‍♂️

If you have the feature turned on you can stand at the boot and after a few beeps it will open.

I also miss front seat storage options and the pockets on the seat backs aren’t that good either.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭vinniem

Replaced my front ones recently for first time at 32000kms, used Goodyears and they are fine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

Surely used tyres are a false economy ???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Depend on how cheap you get them.

I have a set of primacy 3 that I took off in November 2020 (after getting the car in march) For a set of all seasons tyres. Maybe about 10-15k on them

Fronts are about 1/2 wore backs are maybe 3/4?

Running Goodyear Vector 4Seasons gen 3 since nov 2020, 65k on the clock now, and the fronts are just about down to the first measurement bump,

I think i'll stick on a new set on the front for the winter.

215/55/r17 98W XL Actually about 15 euro cheaper than they were in 2020 on eire tyres.

Advertisement