Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nissan Ariya

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

That machine looks yuuuge. Saw one in the flesh, and as Nobby says, it looks big next to the current gen Qashqai. The boot is perhaps not particularly big for the SUV segment, particularly in the AWD version at 408 litres which is rather small. Only bugbear to me is that it is an SUV with a pointlessly high driving position and road clearance. The whole SUV segment is ridiculous given how more efficient an estate would be, similar to the urban pickup craze in the US.

At least the EV6 and e-Megane hatchbacks only borrow the crossover styling for the most part. That said, this is a great SUV... Looks less boring than the Enyaq, and more like the ID.5 than the ID.4.

100 - 150 kw sustained rather than a 5 min peak is what we really need, rather than talk kw we just need the charge times greatly reduced and a lot more high power chargers and in reality we're years away from having an adequate charging infrastructure.

I think if People had the choice of 80 Kwh or 40-50, I think most people would choose the 80 Kwh but in reality their budget is often the limiting factor, if I had the option of 100 Kwh I would have taken it. I think the more independence we have from public charging the better.

There are People who will choose the 40-50 Kwh because they have the Diesel car too and will take that for the longer trips but I think in the majority of cases People don't want to be hanging around at chargers and on top of that paying a huge premium over night time electricity so the more night time energy you can store the better.

There are a lot of People who like these types of cars and it's only right to make cars that people want, not everyone wants to climb down into a car whacking their heads off the car in the process and there are a lot of People who don't want to climb out of the car.

Not everyone wants a small hatch and not everyone wants a small SUV or larger crossover. It's nice to have options.

There's People wo don't want to eat meat because they think it helps save the earth and there are People who love a good O'l Steak but it's usually the People who don't want to eat meat that think the rest of the world shouldn't either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭MarkN

Spend a week getting to know a car.

Film it over a few hours.

Edit it over a few hours.

Has an issue with my pronunciation of Tesla.

Thanks for watching it though ;)

In the Megane during the week, will be interesting to compare.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭eltoastero

Quality review (as always). What sticks in my mind from your reviews was when you talked about the current Leaf owner and whether the could justify (or want to) the move to the more expensive and physically larger Ariya if they want to continue to drive electric.

I know many people who stick with car brands for life so their electric moves were obvious: Golf to ID3, Tiguan to ID4, Tucson to Ioniq 5 etc. There will be some who will transition from Qashqui to Ariya as it's a like for like transition (ignoring cost), but I'd be interested to know what direction the current leaf owners will head in should they want a change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,136 ✭✭✭✭KCross

In the Megane during the week,

Make sure you practice your Renault pronunciation before you post that!.... or just say Ren-awlt to annoy folk, it might get the click count up! 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭costin

No news yet but talking to them last week I'll say will be slim changes for delivery this year... Again I've order it in March... Crazy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Oh can not wait to see what you think of the Mègane E-Tech. I just wish Renault gave the option of logos as the old one will always be my favourite but the new one is growing on me.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
    Ms

At least the EV6 and e-Megane hatchbacks only borrow the crossover styling for the most part. That said, this is a great SUV... Looks less boring than the Enyaq, and more like the ID.5 than the ID.4.

An Enyaq is not boring. It's a lot nicer than the ID.3 or ID.4.

I would have the Skoda over the Nissan.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭pad199207

Enyaq definitely very bland and boring the more you see them on the road. Very Minivan look to it.

However whenever the Enyaq Coupe arrives that will change it. That looks stunning!

Have yet to see an Ariya in the flesh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Dear customer,

I am writing to confirm our conversation relating to your order that you placed with us for a new Nissan Ariya.

As I explained, given the ongoing raw material supply challenges, Nissan have decided to temporarily suspend orders and remove all online pricing references for the new Ariya across European markets, including Ireland, from September 1st 2022. This follows similar actions that have been taken in the US and Japan.  

As your order was due to go into production from September onwards, it is important to note that delivery timelines or pricing cannot be confirmed by Nissan.

We will not be in a position to fulfil any existing customer orders from September production, or confirm delivery dates for new vehicle orders or pricing until further notice. 

This is not a situation that is in our control, and we are deeply disappointed to be giving you this news.

Your business is important to us, and if you would like to wait for the new Ariya, we will keep you on our priority list and you will have first option on any units that go into production. Unfortunately, we have no timeline from Nissan as to when this will be.

In consideration of the above we will cancel your order and issue you a full refund of your deposit.

Yours sincerely,

Windsor Group.

-----------------------

😝 😝 😝

Are Nissan trying to commit a suicide? They build a great new car and an ok old one but both are not for sale or the old orders not being delivered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

Let me get this right.

Is your car going to be built in the September batch or not? I'm slightly confused by the contradiction in paragraphs 3 and 4.

I've also got an order in for an Ariya, I had assumed it was in the September build but now maybe it isn't. All my dealer has said he doesn't know when he will get it.

I had looked at other EV vehicles but with all the lead times being so long I decided to keep my business with Nissan.

Strangely enough, they haven't suspended orders for the UK market....yet.

W

Ms

That's one sure fire way of shooting themselves in the foot anyway with a rifle.

It might have made more sense if they said they were doing everything possible to meet all orders in the system and taking no more from September the 30th.

Crazy cancelling orders that are already down. They will lose customers and they will not come back.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

The worst thing is that the car was unveiled pretty much in the final form in summer 2020 with a launch promised in summer 2021. That was before there were any details on the Ioniq 5 that was announced in Feb 2021 and started to sell pretty much straight away in limited numbers.

Now the latter is a familiar sight on Irish roads while the Ariya volume shipments have been pushed in 2023.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭Old diesel

This isn't specifically a Nissan issue.

Its a world wide supply issue impacting many manufacturers.

It looks bad.

But the cars will sell whenever they appear.

I read as saying that September production can't fulfill the current orders.

And that OPs car was scheduled for production after September.

The issue is that Nissan can't confirm when exactly cars will be built.

The Korean manufacturers have past form for this type of nonsense before all the Covid and war issues.

You couldn't *order* an Ioniq 28 in January 2019.

But Ioniq 28s appeared over the course of the year.

Audi did something similar with Q4 etrons some time ago.

But those seem to be back selling again afaik.

This is it in a nutshell, the September output from the factory can't meet the committed orders so customer orders are being pushed out indefinitely. in the meantime the indicated price rise is being worked out so pricing is being taken down with a view to announcing the new round of pricing in a few weeks. Was already flagged to expect 3-5%, but I'm bracing for more tbh.

A few hours later I got another email to say that a customer ahead of me in the queue had cancelled on receiving the same note and their car was now available with a delivery date of early October (which makes no flipping sense at all!!!!).

So I may get one yet, just not in the colour I wanted. Something to think about anyway.

That car for early October delivery is already built.

I would think that the customer got the note in error and that Nissan Ireland should have been able to fulfil that order.

Modern communications and technology should remove randomness like this - ie Nissan Ireland should know from Nissan where every Irish car is in the chain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

The engagement from our dealer has been very poor. We’re in Wicklow and the dealer is in Kilkenny so it’s not like we can just pop in, which is exactly what we would normally do in this situation. We put a deposit on an Ariya Evolve 2 1/2 weeks ago on the basis that we were told it would be “here within 2 weeks”. It wasn’t a new order. We were told the colour it was and that it included the nappa leather option. The dealer never confirmed that it was a cancellation but we assumed it was given that Nissan had stopped taking new orders, the car itself was already speced (with an optional extra) and that the dealer was saying they would have it before the end of the month. We thought we had gotten lucky!

I spoke to the dealer at the end of last week and all he would tell me was that he didn’t have a date for when it would be in, he’s been in touch with Nissan and once he sees it on the system he’ll let me know. Feeling somewhat less lucky now and we’re more expecting a mail similar to the above than confirmation of that the car is available…..

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mc2022B2TF

jeezzz for the brand that gave us the LEAF, now this.............

They have been in the EV game a long time now - how can Tesla continue to pump out massive volumes and seem unaffected by raw material issues.

Yes, the cars will sell when they come but this is going to make so many others go elsewhere.

The problem is every manufacturer is in the same boat. I did look at other options before deciding to stick with Nissan. A work colleague has a Hyundai Tucson PHEV on order for months and the dealer still cannot confirm a delivery date, it keeps being pushed back and back.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mc2022B2TF

tell me about it i ordered an Ioniq 5 in January - order cancelled in May and had to re-order for a higher price. In the end I seen a Tesla M3 in inventory that i could have delivered in 3 weeks so i gave up the unknown delivery date of the Ioniq 5 and bought something that that was guaranteed delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,726 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Deleted

Tesla seem to be the only car manufacturer at the moment who can guarantee a delivery that isn't next year

Would totally jump but they don't have a large SUV/Crossover under the grant limit yet.

What's the grant limit? That grant is slated to be reduced to 3500 from early next year as well so watch that

Currently €5000 up to a value of €60000. Any sources on this?

Spoke to my dealer today, all he could say was my order was "confirmed" by Nissan but no details on delivery (which I didn't expect anyway).

Also took the opportunity to ask what colour he ordered for me as I gave him a top 3 of my choices but he never actually told me which one it was. Blue Pearl is what I'm getting.

On a side note has anyone taken the option of the 22kw AC charge option on the car? I didn't and kinda regretting it as it would have been great for Ecars 22kw chargers.

• Advertisement

Dropped into Windsor today. They have a car for me on October 15th, albeit not the colour I ordered. Will honour existing pricing, however the PCP rate has sneakily gone up from 3.9% to 6.9% so that's effectively a price rise for me.

Dealer confirmed no more Ariyas coming into the country now - that's it for 12 months. All orders taken by dealers after July 1st are cancelled. The car coming my way if I want it was ordered in early June it seems.

Also claiming that finance partner (AIB) are the ones dictating the PCP terms and will not allow SEAI grant to be used as a means of reducing the headline figure, therefore allowing the customer to max out the deposit and lower the monthly payments (as Kia and Hyundai both allow).

Not a brilliant situation all round to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,815 ✭✭✭creedp

Everyone out to screw consumers in every possible way they can. That's market forces for you. In any case in my view to SEAI grant should be integrated into the price of the car just like VAT / VRT and not seen as a little cash bonus thrown to the lucky few who can get their hands on a new EV

Well i think the 63kwh Evolve will go beyond 60k yes (currently €58K), but there is the lower trim 63kwh Advance (€55K) which I guess hardly go over the limit or they won't sell many Ariyas at all here!

My prediction is the 63kwh Advance will resurface at €59,995 in a few weeks. Only small saving grace may be the future resale over the GMFV might be a little higher potentially?

Good to see that. Was going to call our dealer tomorrow and having that info will help. Thanks.

I'll be interested to hear what they say. No contact from my dealer yet re my order being cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭costin

Did anyone got delivery of an Ariya? @MojoMaker you mentioned 15th October? Did you got the car in the end?

I declined it. Wasn't the colour I wanted and would have been a 'new' car for just 10 weeks. The final straw was the sneaky raise in APR and the inflexibility on the finance arrangements compared to other manufacturers.

Shame, but I have dropped in an order for a Model Y instead. Slightly cheaper too.

My reference was to Nissan not having the car...

• Advertisement

What colour was it in the end?

I was on to our dealer the Friday before last. Turns out ours wasn’t a cancellation, just a part of their original allocation. And as far as they are concerned it is definitely coming in. But they just don’t know when. So it’s basically just a waiting game now, which doesn’t fill me with confidence!

It was the copper model. Wasn't mad keen - had ordered an Aurora green.

It's floating around somewhere, Nissan yanked it out of the Windsor allocation and sent it somewhere else it seems.

Well I just hope that hasn’t happened with ours!

Spotted a new Pearl Blue Ayira outside my local dealer this morning. Lucky bugger who's ever getting it.

Spotted my first one out in the wild today in Castlebar, Co. Mayo.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

This is where Tesla is kinda going with the Model Y and 55 kWh Blade BYD battery.

Not the biggest range but efficiency, aerodynamics and fast charging should make up for that.

I remember the days of driving with 24 kWh but back then there was more chance the charger was in use as they were free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

Sorry not fully up to speed but saw one yesterday and it looked good - is there an easy way to determine the model from looking at the car?

No I’m afraid not. Nissan don’t put the trim or battery info on the car itself. The only visual difference might be the sunroof, which comes as standard on the Evolve trim but not on the Advance trim. That said, you can option is on the Advance so even that isn’t reliable.

I’d imagine most models would be the smaller battery as the larger one was always above grant regardless of trim. The smaller was within grant, also regardless of trim. So I’d assume if it has a sunroof it’s probably the lower battery Evolve, if it doesn’t it’s probably the lower battery Advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

Thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Has anyone got their Ariya yet? Apparently mine is built - just waiting for dealer to get back to me as to whether or not it's on one of the 2 ships Nissan has bound for Europe at the moment!

Not yet. I’ve have seen one out and about in Wicklow (Enniskerry area) recently. When did you order yours?

• Advertisement
Advertisement