Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saturday Job

• 28-09-2022 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hello all,

I am a full-time Mon-Fri, 9-5 worker. Highly educated etc :-D

I worked in retail when I was younger and loved it. And I have always thought one day I might work in a coffee shop! The only thing that has changed in that time is that I have a bad back (fixed) but I cannot lift heavy things.

Anyways, I was thinking of using some spare time on a Saturday for a Saturday job. Maybe even an evening a week. I had a look on some of the job websites and cant find a place that advertises for weekend only (if even something like that exists!). Maybe it's not something they are even looking for (would this be called "casual work"?). Doesnt have to be in retail (which Im only saying as might have more flexibility for a Sat job). Would there be a specific site for Limerick/Tipp/Clare Saturday/casual jobs?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,576 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Fast food delivery if you have a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 AcidLollyPop

Thanks! I had thought about that BUT I live in the country-side and 15/20 mins away from any bigger town. And so, I imagine it wouldn't make sense from a petrol perspective. Would of course be willing to drive as needed to a 7/8 hour job and back once a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,399 ✭✭✭✭phog

A lot of (if not all) car insurance companies exclude cover for delivery type work unless it's specifically agreed to be included in the cover.

I saw an ad recently for The Hunt Museum who were looking for front of house staff for weekend work if that would suit you.

Thanks. Had a quick look at the job for the Hunt there, and "You will work on the front desk of the Hunt Museum lunchtimes from Wednesday to Friday and Saturday and Sunday afternoons". Thanks for the suggestion tho!

They definitely had an ad recent for weekend work only but maybe that's filled

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭Hooked

Ei Electrinics in shannon are looking for staff for their weekend sat/sun shifts AFAIK - but it might be too far and too many hours...

Anywhere local to you that might be looking for someone to pick up a few hours? I noticed on my 'route' that the local bar and petrol station were hiring part time... where "approximately" are you living?

Thanks! Am Castleconnell side of Limerick. I emailed a few place including EI, and nope, nothing/nada.

Rather than looking at the city, have you thought about Killaloe/Ballina or Nenagh? Maybe one of the businesses in Birdhill might be looking for weekend staff?

Advertisement