Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

Yes, but in my experience, they don't generally match the steep discount that new customers get in the first year for Broadband. They do renew the discounts on mobile and TV (also €9.99pm), and they have the advantage that you can do multi-room TV without any additional monthly fee (they don't advertise this - you just buy your own boxes). If you are getting TV & Mobile, the full bundle remains very competitive if you re-contract each year.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Cork981

I'm on my 3rd year getting the discount applied.

500mb broadband €35, 3 x SIM only@€9.99 and Eir TV with free Apple TV €9.99

Full 5G, 4G Calling and Wifi-calling. The 30GB roaming allowance is fairly good compared to other operators. Vodafones top PAYG plan at €30 offers the same allowance. (30GB data roaming in Europe)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

@fbradyirl They'll recontract your home broadband bill if you opt for the sim only offer. I'd recommend ringing loyalty first and getting a good recontract price and then order the sim separately, that is if you're already out of contract on your home broadband already. Eirs network has improved big time in my area and blows the other 2 big networks out of the water for data speeds. Never had a good experience with their home broadband though so wouldn't touch them with a barge poll for my broadband.

Does GoMo REALLY get the same speed as Eir mobile (5G aside)? I tried GoMo at the beginning and the Eir sim out performed it on every speed test but I thought they were meant to be the same speed. I might give GoMo a shot again soon if they're the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

That's very good! What did you have to do to persuade them to renew the basic Broadband price of €35? I have found them very helpful with renewing the full discounts on TV & Mobile, but I have only renewed with a part-discount on Broadband. Did you have to go as far as cancelling?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Cork981

I added a mobile on the 11th month which added 12 months to the contract and got to keep my discounts.

The second time customer care contacted me as someone wanted my unused phone number that was assigned to me, agreed to have it extended again.

Third time I upgraded from 150mb@€30 to 500mb@€35 which extended it for another 12 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

Oh wow, I was wondering about that.

I called them a couple of weeks back as my 12 month broadband was running out. I was paying €35 for 150MB and it was going up to over 70 and I told her I was moving to Sky, so immediately she offered to switch me back to €35 and bumped the speeds to 500MB to match Sky.

So I am thinking near the end of my first Gomo month (end of Sept), to switch to the Eir 9.99 deal so ill get 5G as well, but I was wondering if the broadband extension would play nice with that and it seems so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 traceyj

Did you ever find a solution to this? Has happened me on 2 bills in recent months, first was 4 sms to Sweden all at same time & 2nd bill was 4 to China again at same time, GoMo says it’s malware/ permissions, have iPhone & has been checked & nothing irregular

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

I tried disabling premium calls/sms on the site but all options are greyed out. So I contacted them via the form on the site but no reply after 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭whodafunk

Does GoMo support roaming? I remember last year my phone wouldn’t work in Northern Ireland. It was a short visit so wasn’t an issue so didn’t even check if roaming on my phone was enabled.

Going to France next week and will need the phone working. Just wondering if roaming enabled it will automatically switch over to local network or I need to request this with GoMo? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

Anyone have issues with texts not working or is there any easy fix it's only sms messages

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

It's been working perfectly on orange LTE for me for the last two weeks.

The 13gb roaming data meant no Netflix/tv streaming, as I didn't want not to have maps or music in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Should work automatically, I'm in Serbia of all places and it's working perfectly, being outside the EU I'm getting charged per mb to a maximum of €30 which is ok. The missus is on VF and the service here is dreadful, she's PAYG and it's flying through her money for a barely usable service.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭whodafunk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭wassie

Just came back from a week in France and it connected to LTE on the Orange network ok, but would frequently keep dropping back to 3G. A quick fix was was to turn flight mode on, wait for signal to drop, then turn off again and LTE would reconnect. Speed was ok but was poor for streaming TV to a device when used as a hotspot. Same issue with my Eir sim also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

Anyone had an extremely long wait for a number to port over? Waiting over 10 days for a Vodafone sim to lose service and as the go mo sim isn't receiving calls or texts to the number

It's working on 3 of the numbers I switched but one is not......

Customer service is non existent

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Jeff2

That's very strange as on week days it goes through with in a hour or 2.

10 days I'd check if the sim is working. The number for the sim comes with it so phone that number.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭nihicib2

Anyone having problems with coverage today, Im in north west Donegal and myself and partner's coverage has been gone all day

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

My data is a bit slower than usual, but nothing major. I can't help re phone calls or texts, haven't used the phone that way today, yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭nihicib2

just back there now, thankfully as we're all with go and wifi is Eir

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Having data problems. Frequently switching to H and cutting out. Started Sunday.

Jesus h c, trying to pay property tax on revenue.ie and not receiving verification sms. Had the same problem before buying laptop from lenovo web site. How hard can it be.

Anyone else have the verification SMS problem and had it fixed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

I have seen this at least once on a previous bill, where there was a short call to France made....I never made it! I don't know anyone in France to call FFS!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Have you checked the blocked messages folder on your phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,012 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Is the activation fee covered by the 14 days cooling off period?

Got the Gomo sim only plan. Sim arrived yesterday. After a few minutes we realised that the coverage is terrible in the house. About 10 minutes after installing the sim I got onto chat to cancel under the 14 days cooling off period. Today I got an email saying sim is cancelled from midnight tonight. They said that the €14.99 fee paid won't be refunded

I couldn't find out about the useless coverage without activation. This is what the €14.99 is for. In the 10 minutes we had the sim in the phone we used no data, calls or text.

Should they refund the activation fee under the distance selling period?

Sorry, just seeing this now. Not in blocked folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭larchielads

Gomo wont let me change porting date, tried logging in to my account to change it. Wont have my sim in time. Thought id have it by monday mornin but wont have it til tuesday. Need to change it from monday to tuesday. Anyone know how?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Anyone else has noticed that their data has dropped to 3G/H+ over the past week or so? I've never had problems before, but now it's happening very frequently throughout the day.

I have still >80GB of data left, so that's not it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Can't say I've seen that in my location (North Tipp/Limerick) . In what area of the country are you experiencing this?

Advertisement