Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repetitive Strain - Best Course of Treatment?

Options
  • 29-09-2022 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

I suffer from RSI and it has gotten progressively worse over the last number of months. I work as a typist so I know the cause of the RSI. My query is, what would be the best course of treatment? Physio? Acupuncture? Chiropractor? Other? I'm in a constant state of low grade pain/discomfort in my neck, shoulders, down my arms (right {dominant} more so than left) and back. The pain/pinch/discomfort can move from day to day, today its my shoulder, tomorrow could be my wrist, but there is always discomfort in the base of my neck. I've been to seen my doctor and she recommended physio and while I've had physio in the past, it did help but the RSI was back within a few months. I had acupuncture years ago to treat a neck issue which I found great relief from. I'm just unsure what course of treatment to try because I don't want to be throwing money at a treatment for me not to feel the benefit - every penny counts these days as you can appreciate! Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Did you buy ergonomic keyboard/vertical mouse?

I bought an ErgoDox EZ a few months ago and while it took some getting used to the pain in my shoulder I used to have is almost nonexistent now. Also when I was working an office job a good few years ago changing to a vertical mouse was a great help to me

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭kassie

I have an ergonomic keyboard and mouse (the best that was available from my work's office supplies company) and also the best supportive secretarial chair they had. I will definitely look into the ErgoDox EZ, it might be time to invest in something better!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

@GoogleBot don't post in this thread again

Advertisement