Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Don't remember fury complaining much when he was fighting wilder about any of the contracts, how comes hearn and aj always has problems with contracts. They make p[problems and try to dictate, well aj is no position to dictate anymore and its great.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,331 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Have either Hearn or Aj stated they have problems with the contract ?

eddie will want a cut of the biggest payday for his cash cow

Aj will want his biggest payday

they are both yes men for those that own them - dazn

rushing a fight if this magnitude was never going to go smoothly and nobody knows what’s going on so blaming anyone is purely hypothetical

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I can’t wait for the Christmas cracker! Seems like all the old traditions are backed now after Covid.

I have my Christmas welfare bonus and double child welfare from the new budget at the ready. I might even gamble the new energy credits too. We are ready oh wise one.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,752 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Iv said from the get go i don't think its AJ or Hearn its DAZN & 258 ,

They would seem to like AJ to go down a different avenue that likely makes more cash long term for them ,

People have a go at Fury over his back & forth ,They forget when he fought Wilder the first time , he didn't care about the contract or cash he just backed himself when nobody else did , It was purely about showing he was best which was nice and refreshing ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,633 ✭✭✭✭walshb

He seems obsessed with belittling AJ. Odd behavior. Weeks at belittling AJ and belittling Usyk.

This from a lad who has been all about being nice and watching your mental health.

So, the deadline (again given by Fury) is end of today? Fury claiming all ok with DAZN as well

Best we heard two sides here before being ready to believe or make a call.

Post edited by walshb on

Seems like someone wants the fight,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Dillian Whyte has linked up with new coach Buddy McGirt and is training in California ahead of a potential ring return before the end of the year.

Eddie had his say this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Why has Joshua not uttered a word in response. If there were issues with the contract then surely he should say that fury is having g a laugh. Silence.

Isn't he Callum Smiths coach ,

I remember thinking why would Smith go to him , I honestly hadn't heard McGrit name since he fought Whitaker back in the early 90's

Yes. It’s been Fury non stop the past few weeks here. It’s odd. AJ has said next to nothing. I’d say AJ is bemused with it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Haha then again the last time he was let loose on a mike we all know how well that went!! Still though, you’d think he’d have something to say. Listened to Eddie there and can’t say there’s a lot wrong with his points either. We all “just want the fight” but that’s not how the thing works

aj was posting from wayne linekars beach party yesterday and it looked great fun

I’m bemused myself that it’s like “sign it” because I said so.

These types fights with all the people involved don’t get made over a boxer’s social media rants..

there are folks ready to take as gospel/truth everything Fury says here on his social media platforms..

As iv said to you all week balls in AJ court but he's sitting on it instead of playing ,

Why wouldn't anyone believe it , Hearn or AJ haven't even said its untrue, infact nobody DAZN,BT, ESPN , nobody has said its untrue,

In your head the lad who sends the contract , does all the calling out & pleading for AJ to sign it is the lad who doesn't want the fight ,

What goes on in your head such a bizarre take,

People also take as gospel why Hearn says, his view is cloudy at best

I like Hearn but he reminds me of a car salesman back in the day, all this should be kept out of the public domain but everyone has a YouTube channel these days and keeps asking questions

Bizarre because I would rather not take as gospel Fury posting insta videos telling us what it is?

Bizarre because I think there may be more to it than JUST what Fury is telling us via social media?

Fair enough, I'll be bizarre so. Still not as bizarre as "sign it by this time" because I said so nonsense.

• Advertisement

Its not Fury word , Frank Warren, George Warren, Eddie Hearn, Anthony Joshua, have all send a fair & good contract has been sent,

Hold up now you claimed multiple times Fury does not want the fight & is bluffing , which is absolute nonsense

Now your trying to say " Bizarre because I think there may be more to it than JUST what Fury is telling us via social media "

No no no nope IT'S bizarre because you keep claiming the lad who HAS sent the contract & is pleading every day for the opponent to sign does not want the fight

That's what's bizarre ,

Yes, when Fury, the boxer issued a Monday deadline, absolutely the contract came across as bluff nonsense. Even Frank alluded to the nonsense of Fury making this deadline…

Fury being unable to comprehend (whether deliberate or intentional) that these type mega fights take time, and issuing a deadline on a weekend came across as him not really being genuine. That was then. This is now.

He now seems to be issuing another deadline..

Anyone with an ounce of cop on wouldn’t be taking the social media posting/rants of any boxer as gospel when on these rants he’s slating and belittling the other side. And more so from a man who changes his mind more times than most folks change their cacks.

But not you: you’re so invested in Fury, he can do nothing that deserves scrutiny or criticism or questioning.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Bu we are not arguing over weather Fury talks nonsense we arguing because your keep claiming he does not want the fight

A few simple questions for you .

Do you still think Fury does not want the fight ?

Do you think he is bluffing in saying he will fight AJ ?

DO you think no contract has been sent ?

I'm just calling bullshit on your claim that he doesn't want to fight AJ,

Iv no investment in Fury , just an opinion on whats happing ,

We all know a contract was sent

Up until today, yes, I thought that Fury really did not want the fight. Anyway, it's not something One can prove. It's just a feeling.

This can be summed up very easily, to be fair to all: I think Fury fancies the fight, fancies doing a number on AJ. But the way he has been acting the past few weeks comes across as a bullshit/insincere type offer. A lot people saying the same. Obviously not you.....

In other words, Fury and his behaviors have made it very difficult for people to believe in what he says. The chap is all over the shop.

Next to impossible to actually read him.....he's just too much of an oscillator....

Now, maybe you can answer: Do you think it's fair and logical for people to be wary, skeptical, disbelieving of Fury and his intentions here, when you factor in all that has gone on?

Another thing.....why does Fury need to be so scathing and public here, and belittling to AJ?

Does anyone not see this as just out of order? Are we that low on standards these days that this is kind of acceptable now?

And don't give me the crap that it's all just marketing and to sell...

And I'd be the exact same if it was AJ on slating and slagging Fury online daily.

Of course you sceptical of what Fury says he talks **** at times

But once its been confirmed by his opponent & his opponents prompter that a fair contract has been sent to them by Fury & his team , then its pretty obvious he wants the fight, Its not a mandatory Fury has gone and sought out this fight ,he's has literally gone & tried to make it happen

How you can believe he doenslt want it or its bullshit once a contract is sent makes nonsense at all ,

Once the contract is sent its game on from his side,

Grand: Like I said the other day. We can agree to disagree. No harm no foul.

• Advertisement

Its boxing rivalry its been happing fro m the start of time,, lets not pretend this is new,

Do you remember Frazier v Ali & its gone on form the beginning ,

Benn v Eubank

Wilder saying he wants a body on his record ,

its endless

Fury goes overboard he always has , Infact he is much more politically correct now than he used to be with a mic in front of him ,

AJ to be fair would never say a word because he is very manufactured , He got very uncomfortable when Whyte knew the real AJ,

Also lets not forget the gloves are off with AJ & Big Baby Miller which will never be shown because AJ's mask slipped off by all accounts ,

Advertisement