Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,984 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I've have what I refer to as an un official Gaurdian, having been brought up in residential care for 16 years. Not fostered just he and his wife took an interest in me as a child.

I'd say without fear of contradiction and for absolutely no reward they supported me emotionally, financially, College etc and other needs to the tune of €150K throughout my life

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

I tested positive for de covid today and I'm not feeling great and this wans voice is going through me. What a rant.

This wan seems very bitter

Wouldn't you do this for your own kid?

It's just all about money for this crowd of scroungers

Tusla are mealy mouthed? I argue the fosters are the mealy mouthed ones here

1500 per month? Ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

And him on €400k+ for this? The caller is as bad...........................

• Advertisement

Was there anything in the budget the other day for de most vulnerable in our society.........de hard wurkin' multi-millionaire tax avoiding RTE contractors who run one man band companies under de watchful eye of NK?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,643 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

'it's not about the money' .......

NK management will be thrilled with their less known Luvvie clients getting €325 social welfare whilst keeping their earnings

perhaps he could move his company to the yew kay , there seems to be opportunities opening up there for people/companies earning as much as Joe

• Advertisement

• A fever with headache and bone pains is enhanced by the soundtrack of your environment.

I underwent emergency abdominal surgery for a bowel obstruction in 2017 around de toile of Big Tom’s death. They were playing “Gentle Mother” nonstop, a harmless song that went through me life a knife. When I hear it now it still goes through me and I feel a pain in my belly 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 15,367 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

• Hope there’s a change of topic tomorrow, this has become tedious as fûck

• Registered Users Posts: 82,772 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Joe loves de banks.

I deal directly with Tusla directly on a personal level. There are genuinely some great individuals in the organisation but my word it's a bureaucratic mess. In essence the state wants folks to take in Foster children & minimise the cost to the state.

Honestly I'm a litte disgusted by some of these Cawlurs, I agree a fair cost analysis is required but I'm sensing a lot of vulgar greed.

M

We had Rolleds Royce regulation back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,923 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Did this woman receive compensation?

I think that 150million + previously was for some of the people effected.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Compo!!!!!!

M

A Bank Of Oireland Calendar and pen was their final offer.

this is going on 18 years. hopefully all harmed are very well compensated, thou may be too late for many people

• Advertisement

Greedy vile Fu#kers 😡

• amazing banks did this kind of thing back in the day. Now you’d be lucky to get a loan of a pen to sign something

• Registered Users Posts: 32,923 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

What is the gist of this story?

I think banks encouraged people to not take up tracker mortgages/move off them? To the customers detriment? Lastly sh1te. But not shocked tbh.

I know a friend who they hounded to move off his tracked but he wouldn't...right choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Everyone of these people have said that it's not about the money, but are asking for more money and detailing every little thing they do.

I feel sorry for the children that they are fostering, you can bet that they have taken out their bitterness and told the children how lucky they are to be living with their family

I've a friend who works at MABS, court's jammed to the rafters around the country with repossession cases at the moment

• Their pay to ordinary customer care staff is not much over living wage.

As someone who was caught in the Tracker Scandal I can say the banks were and have been an absolute nightmare to deal with. Compensation was a joke, and you were given €650 for "Independent Financial Advice"......my forensic accountant fees were north of €10,000 for example and this was just to challenge the bank's figures. My legal fees to date are a multiple of that. I'm fighting with them 7+ years - and this is after they've admitted liability and I've been through the Tribunal (who found in my favour) and yet I'm still waiting to close the case. An absolute disgrace - a real one - not a Lahv Lahn one.

M

They targetted newborb chisslers back in the day in the maternity hospital 'welcome packs', you got £10 free if you opened an account and a nice money box and other junk, the idea was you would stay with the same bank for life, most people do.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

It's not their care staff responsible for this and other scandals 😉

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Advertisement

It's way more complicated than that. I'll send you a PM if you want some of the details, not sharing everything here.

Advertisement