Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 23 Ultimate Team Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

How did you get on with this mate? Is your coin balance flying? 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Up to 300k myself from trading. Built a super cheap team for about 6k + players I packed from the starter SBCs. Only played 3 games but liking the gameplay so far… scored some nice goals off of great passing moves. Tammy Abraham up top with 8 goals and 2 assists in 3 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,679 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Uh oh

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Went from 6kish to 35k with a few of what I picked up.

Then i spend my points and got the following for my starter team: Casemeiro/Dias/Koubailey all from standard gold packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,566 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

This is what I have been doing with Saka and Chilwell since the day the app went live.

Buy Saka for 1.8k - 2.2k and sell BIN for 3.9k

Buy Chilwell for 900-1k and Sell BIN for 1.8k

And just keep relisting. For long term investing this year I am trying to concentrate mainly on CBs and STs. As they are the only position that is required in every formation (think there's on with a CF instead of a Striker) so people are guaranteed to need them and most won't want to use a position modifier for an SBC. Have piles of Laportes bought for under 5.5k, Kane for 15-17k and Vardy for under 5k ready to go. Couldn't resist Buying Casemiro, IF Pahlinha and IF Hoffman as well though as the latter were both going at discard.

• Advertisement

Excellent work.

What cards were working well for you?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Got a few Calvert-Lewin at entry bid point and sold for 950-1300, most sold for 1300. Got one or two hendersons for around 1200 but not selling at the moment for me. I only have the app etc in the evenings :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Varane, Veratti and an 81 IF from div 8 rewards. 85k or so, better than I was expecting.

Do we get the free Ones to Watch card tomorrow?

• Advertisement

Is it worth stocking up on 85s and 86s? Would they spike when a decent SBC comes along?

Koulibaly when he decides to run up the pitch on the attack is class, he just ran through everyone during a game last night and smashed it in the back of the net. Defending hes solid with too. Casemiro im still debating on but hes the best of what I have for now in that position I would say.

Haven't bought the game yet but here's my untradeable team 😁

Jesus, Neymar at this stage of the game is absolutely ridiculous! 😯

To make it even better/worse, with the way I need to set up I can't get him starting on any chemistry, so I have to sub him on at kick-off.

The amount of abuse I'm getting when he comes on is hilarious 🙈

Playing him as a striker and he's averaging 2 goals a game. With how poor GK's are, any shot in or around the box is almost a guaranteed goal!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

With them scrapping the negative stat hit for no chemistry, you could start Neymar anywhere on the pitch and then move him in-game.

Been a slow day of trading but got a full Trade Pile and hoping this works once Marquee Matchups releases today.

It should really pick up when SBCs start releasing more frequently, MMs and a couple POTMs and we're flying.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Had two IF Palhina's sell today at 22k, after buying him for 12k. And I've noticed he's crept up to 15k naturally now too.

I love IF trading lol

I've sold a few Firminhos too, and I said about Henderson being undervalued yesterday at 1k. He's up at 2k now, and a POTM Rashford will probably pop him up to 3k easily. Not massive profits overall, but nice and casual :P

• Registered Users Posts: 23,566 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Yeah wish I had bought more of him. I got burned so badly by it last year after dropping prob 200k into IF Dzeko when he was going at discard and then the market for IFs was dead up until Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Packed Mané in the marquee matchups. Currently 200K. Do I sell or keep ?

Does he fit the team? He seems like he'd be fun to use, and he's murdered me a few times. On the other hand, if he doesn't fit your team, 200k would go a long way to improving whatever you are using.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

De Jong in the MMs for me, goes straight into my starting 11 on full chemistry so very pleased with that.

Trading is so slow today.

Even at Marquee Matchups time the usual suspects aren't really selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Thanks for your reply. I sold him for 195K. I don’t have a set team yet I’ve just been using untradeables but with the 195k I can get a good team together.

Lads, this may not be news to some of you.

But you can make five subs now 😂 I’m swarming people who don’t realise and only make three. It’s a little broken. Two strikers, two wingers and a CAM all brought in at the 65th minute, running circles round people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Packed untradeable Cristiano

Currently running this

Post edited by Shanee. on

I never realised there was 5 thank you for that :) I noticed players do get very leggy in the second half so this will help a good bit :D

Prices on meta cards dropping significantly now.

Might be a good time to pick up any cards you've had an eye on as I would imagine they will rocket again with WL qualification and the first WL next weekend.

Some examples of players I've been watching for my team, but it's the same for almost every meta player across the board:

Militao down 20k

Vini Jr down 60k

Rudiger down 20k

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭piplip87

After a few days trading and getting a starter team together, logged in this morning to buy the game and load up on my 100 quids worth of points for the year, only to be greeted by the fact that Stadia is closing in January and can't buy any new games on it. Absolutely sickened over it as the connection, the handiness of it and the fact it was next gen 4K gameplay on a **** Chromecast with cross play.

Looks like I am sitting out until after November as I don't think Mrs Pip will appreciate a new Xbox until after the holiday...

Mrs pip doesnt need to know about the new xbox until after the holiday :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So this is my first year back giving Ultimate team a go since god knows when!

Haven't actually had time to play any games yet just done a few of the moments yokes last night.

Have this team atm

Pickford

Shaw Romero Stones Pereira

Fred Eriksen

Havertz (Loan)

Son (Loan) Nunez Traore

Have a load of Loan players like Haaland Mbappe Alaba Vini Jr etc that I'm keeping to one side for the moment.

I'm starting with a premier league / English national team for now but would be open to a hybrid maybe with La Liga at some stage.

Any advice on really good players cheap or middle of the road?? I've 44 thousand to spend currently.

Advertisement