Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Must an retailers off-licence certificate be prominently displayed in the premises?

• 26-09-2022 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

I heard that a liquor licence must be prominently displayed in the respective premises. I was wondering if this is true and whether this also applies to retailers off-licence certificates.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Seb83

Apologies, I should've read the forum charter properly: no legal advice.

Feel free to remove this post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,501 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Can't answer your original question but I can't see how asking a 'yes or no' question constitutes seeking legal advice.

You're imposing an unduly severe restriction on yourself, most posts in this forum would probably fail if the same test was applied.

There are lots of regular contributors to this forum who prefix almost all of their replies with 'not legal advice but ....' And then proceed to provide legal advice, often well beyond the scope of the original query.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

It's been a long time since I studied the Intoxicating Liquor Acts or the Licencing Acts and associated regulations, but if I remember correctly only restaurant/special restaurant licences are required to be displayed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,501 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I've seen plenty of publicans' licences on display. Which suggests to me that it's mandatory for an on-licence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭cml387

I have usually seen licences displayed behind the tills in a supermarket. I know Lidl do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,727 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

This would/might only fall foul of the "legal advice" rule, if you owned/operating an off licence.

Advertisement