Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snooker Season 2022/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Great idea and I'm sure it would pull a decent crowd as the legends has shown. Another thing I'd love to see resurrected is the Irish Pro championship with 8 players, don't know if it would have the star appeal for a venue like Goffs, but would like to see it in some form anyway. Doubt it will happen anytime soon though.

Post edited by Joe_ Public on

Snooker back on ITV today with British Open at Milton Keynes and completion of held over R1 matches. The one that really interests me is Trump v Si Juahui. Been impressed with Si over past 12 months, big scorer and absolutely hosed up on the amateur and second tier circuit. Question is whether he can bring that form consistently to this higher level and on the tv table to boot. Curious to see how he performs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Ronnie has been well out of sorts in a patchy match with Ursenbacher. Needs to win all 3 now to stay in the tournament.

Nice for Ursenbacher to have his family over to watch for first time ever and deliver a victory like that. Seems to like playing Rpmmie for reason, or maybe Ronnie doesn't like playing him! Can't imagine too many players with 75% success rate against Ronnie.

Wasnt very good from Si Jiahui at all. Ok going for your shots but wasn't happening and just made it too easy for Judd. Am sure he's better than that but got to learn how to manage these big occasions.

• Advertisement

When he talked about getting in shape, he wasn't fooling around!

Murphy very naive to go in off on the black on the last ball of the match against Gary Wilson. Only himself to blame really as it looked like an in off to the middle all day long.

Shaun said afterwards it was a bad contact and white was deflected off line into pocket. Dunno really, hard to see he got a kick and just looks like plain ball it's a very likely in off. Hate to dispute with a pro but...

Really good angle of the Murphy in off here. I'm sure he's obviously aware of the pocket, but just doesn't think it's a natural in off. Kick or terrible misjudgement? I guess it's hard to say, be interesting to see what other pros think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Absolutely nothing wrong with the contact there, just a poor shot. Odd ending to the match, crowd didn't seem to realise the match was over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Spiderpig92

Funny that - I was always brought up on so long as the cue ball wasn't on the top cushion the in off wasn't on - led me at first to believe that it was a kick but then again doesn't he use the so called 'kickless' chalk.....

Yeah, like most of them nowadays, he's using the new stuff which has probably elimated 19/20 kicks but trust Shaun to get the 1/20 on match ball black! If indeed, that was the case. Judd had a couple of real zingers in his match but he's sticking resolutely with the auld triangle so only to be expected really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Sweet Talkin Romeo

Great treble from Selby in frame 1, on red to middle, to keep his maxi prospects going, which he duly completed ! 🙌

Lisowski is in unusual position of possibly winning frame two - from a position of snookers required :) Black ball game atm - level pegging

Selby gets great double to smash black into opposite middle bag : 2 - 0 to Jester :(

mon Jack 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Selby is putting on some show, I missed his max. But his potting success is 99% they said after while frame 4 was on.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Jayus fair play to Lisowsski getting a century under that level of pressure, 3-1 Selby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

One of the smallest total clearances I've seen.

Selby is mad yoke though for the doubles and trebles. Nice maxi to be fair. He looks focused.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Hendrys a good commentator to be fair. He called the treble before Selby played it. Didn't look on at all.

Selby on fire here ! 4-1 win a formality now

QF draw up next

QF

Selby v Allen/Trump

Saengkham/Brown v JamieJones/Woollaston

Dott/Day v Hamilton/Yuan Sijun

R Williams/Steven Hallworth v Lyu Haotian

• Advertisement

Imagine Rob Walker as a second hand car salesman.

I'd say he gets excited reading the back of a cereal pack in the morning.

Allen looks like he's lost about 3 Stone since last seen him a few months ago 🙂

Go on The Pistol; 1-0 to the Irishman :)

Mark said he lost over 4 stone. It is a lot of weight to lose over 6 months.

They just referenced that there, in a polite way, that the condition Allen is in he is now able to stretch easier for the awkward shots.

He does look like a new man he fairness, used to look awful unhealthy blotchy head on him and all. If he manages to get through Christmas, and not go mad he could give the worlds a good rattle.

ya indeed, fair play to him,, not easy i'd say for him what probably loves his beers and fast food 🙂

Some pot by Trump on last red there - pity that; a shot or two before that Allen musta been 1/10 to win that frame :(

match on now !

a lot of those close to cushion down/up the table shots from Trump sound like miscues to me ! often hear a clunky sound when he plays them; like the one he played (containing safety) just before Allen's most recent shot - commentators said nothing tho

The standard has been great I am enjoying it, dark evenings and winter coming means one thing = snooker season on the telly again.

Plus this evening's fare has been quality overall ☺️

A few errant ones from Allen in the last 6/7 minutes tho :) got away with that last one just now - least he seemed to 😃😴

Jayus, Allen will be wondering how it is 2-2, if he loses this he will be looking for a batter burger and pint.

• Advertisement

i think Allen lost last frame in the very early part of the safety exchange (altho Trump did have a decent lead) ,,, he went for cover in the green pocket corner; but cueball ended up about an inch or two off the top cushion,,, after that Trump had the upper hand then, with Allen on the back foot - small margins 😒

Advertisement