Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PV Feed In Tariff

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

…and there’s a lot of employees out there that just don’t give a ****

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

Anybody receive payment from eirtricity? I got an email from them months back stating, starting from August credit would be applied to my account - back dated to Feb -. Just received bill this morning and no credits applied. I've emailed them and attached copy of email they sent. Interested to hear if anybody has actually gotten it so far though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

My electric Ireland bill has come through too with no FIT credit yet. Think they said “by the end of the year” so fingers crossed for the next bill, with €200 extra credit!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

I think they will look at the gov credit being promised by XMAS and say feck it - we dont need to pay them suckers any FIT. SOLAR pV owners are like Landlords - we will get zero sympathy from the public.

And if im honest - i dont expect to pay anything this year or next (other than the loan i took to pay the capital cost of the build).

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Coltrane

Take your point-the energy credit is generous (and not means-tested).

But is it sympathy we're looking for?

My own interest is in the increased uptake of PV and I'd be very concerned that this would slow if the FIT is seen as something fuzzy. Most people that I talk to are as interested in the financial return as the environmental benefits. A lack of clarity will crimp investment.

• Advertisement

I would be very surprised to see FIT recipients being denied the government credit. It’s being sold as a universal credit and FIT is not going to make anyone rich, with income over €200 (I think) taxed.

Any green energy initiative needs to be championed, especially with the lack of national grid capacity already out there.

You have me opposite way round. Im saying becasue everyone is getting Gov grant money - the providers are going to be SLOW to pay us for FIT (wait they are already WAY past the deadline for FIT as it stands)

/RANT MODE ON

Just got my reply from ESB on my NC6 form. My supplier says they sent it last year - ESB says they never got it. Supplier sent a new one in - and ESB says sorry we will onbly enter the date received not the date of original install. SO yeah you can damn well bet that EI will only start the FIT clock from this new date and i will get zero back payment. Now when i switch from EI in the new year - I expect they wont pay me anyways.

The government/regulator has been WAYYYYY to lenient on the electricity suppliers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

I wonder how many more customers they will try this on.

I'd say that will be a default response instead of them admitting they did not keep proper records, who are we to be in any position to question them!

I've my NC6 confirmation email sent since last week, don't hold up much hope now, couple of hundred yo yo's gone

That non workaround on the back payment is a pure cop out

• Registered Users Posts: 45,393 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Who did you contact about your NC6? Is there a specific email or number? I must do the same

• Advertisement

esbnetworks@esb.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Niceday20

ESB replied to my chase up on my NC6 from April 2021 with "WE have not received an NC6 for MPRN xxxxxx if you contact your installer and request them to send this information to us."

Supplier has resubmitted, but without a response in a week, so "another one bites the dust" I fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Niceday20

I sent my query to esbnetworks@esb.ie, but do't expect an immediate answer.

I'd say this will go to someone who doesn't give a rats ass and will take the easy "we have no record" option, especially if a rake of us all email at the same time. Screwed we are

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Coltrane

Don't give up.

In my case (see details above) my new provider has contacted me to say they reviewed the recorded call in which I signed up to them in August 2022 and:

1. They offer to pay me EUR30 as a "goodwill payment" for reneging on their promise (evidenced by the recording of the call) to pay me the FIT from 15 February 2022 to date even though I only switched to them in August 2022;
    2. They now say that "in November" they will pay me FIT for the post-switch period (yesterday, they said they wouldn't because I was "eligible" for a smart meter); today's agent could see my MEC on her screen via ESB Networks;
    3. They said I would get the FIT for that pre-switch period from my previous supplier; I rang the previous supplier, Energia, who said they would pay if I had duly submitted an NC6, at the rate of EUR0.18, on a future (unknown) date.

If there's anyone else out there getting the runaround I did (might yet get some more) I suggest you raise hell and post here.

Rooftop solar has not a chance in hell of taking off if the FIT is not duly paid in full.

Sorry yes I misunderstood you. I think some suppliers have already started paying FIT though it’s only the smaller ones.

Thats really bad form if they are saying now they didn’t get the NC6 form last year.

My contract with EI is up next month so I may have to try negotiate an extension to the contract rather than risk moving and correspondence being lost in the process and ending up in the same boat potentially losing the backdated credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭jkforde

NC6 ideally should be sent in to ESBN via registered post, at least then you have an official record of it being received by them? (or am I being daft, niave?)

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭paulbok

If a supplier doesn't pay out on FIT until day December, an you leave to another supplier in October, what happens then?

Will the pay out on the proportional amount due up to your leaving date as a bank transfer?

The new supplier would have to make up the rest for the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭idc

I moved to Energia from EI and they told me on webpage chat that they will pay from Feb till the day I left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,115 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Which is exactly what you'd expect.

You cant expect any provider to pay you FiT for a period where you were not a customer of theirs.

It will, though, make the whole switching process more complicated as some providers are not paying FiT every billing period so you could find you are chasing them for €20 of FiT... are you going to bother? I'd say that's what they are hoping will happen, people will just walk away and forget that €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭WattsUp

If between €600 government credits, deemed export credits and PV, my account is in credit, what happens that credit if you move supplier ?

Has anyone moved supplier while account in credit ? Were there refunded or credit transferred to new supplier ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,115 ✭✭✭✭KCross

It would be given as a credit refund into your account. It’s not going to be transferred to another provider.

You are correct but as much as it makes sense to both you and I we cannot assume a correlation between a letter being delivered and it being recorded by ESBN, they will still use the "not recorded" excuse and given their unaccountability nothing will be done about it.

true but at least it places the ball of responsibility firmly on their side of the net!

anyways, in 2022, it's daft that this is a manual postage process (RPA?!), RECI should lodge these forms electronically.... (I can hear the laughter 😂....)

what? use one of them compoter yokes, huh!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I had credit when I left SSE. Not only that but I was still in contract and broke it to leave early.

They're sending me a cheque for the credit. Its late mind you, must contact them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭allinthehead

😁 It's nuts, only a cert 1 and 2 can be filed online and even then you must apply for credit on your account online, after that you call safe electric with a reference number to pay for that credit and then you send the cert. 🤔

☀️

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭irishchris

In fairness you have always been able to send the nc6 in electronically and hag my one sent in for install last year this way. Received an email within two days confirming receipt of it. Proof then of both sending it and confirmation of receiving it as easily checked at later stage if any issue.

• Advertisement

ah right, I humbly stand corrected and happily, digital transformation abu!

Advertisement