Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is your Early Early warning: The Late Late Show-Friday 30th September 2022

• 24-09-2022 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

In keeping with Hobbidy's trend of announcing the next year's Toy Show (and talking about it repeatedly and often inappropriately throughout the year-when he bothers to show up) about five minutes after the last one-he has now taken to doing the same for the weekly show.

Instead of the usual BIG REVEAL around midday on Thursday, we now seem to be seeing an announcement of what's coming next week at the close of any given show.

So...on next Friday's show, per RTE.ie, we have...

Jamie Lee Curtis (probably pre-recorded or on Zoom?). Anyone remember the oul fella on with Gerry Ryan when he stood in for PK? Other guests that night included Roseanne Barr, Tommy Tiernan Daniel and Majella (I know), and Snow Patrol. I can't believe we used to give out about the show when Pat presented, as unsuited to the job as he was, when you look at the quality of guests they managed to get on an otherwise "ordinary" LLS.

Graham Norton-who must count his lucky starts every day, that he never threw in his lot with RTE.

BOD-who know doubt will be telling us all about how he picked up the wrong pooch from the groomers this week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Courtesy of the FULL REVEAL.

The Two Johnnies, who were very nearly relegated from county after guffawing over some dubious car stickers. If you can't lift her don't shift her. That kind of thing

"Fresh from selling out the 3Arena in a mere nine minutes, The 2 Johnnies join Ryan to chat about their most recent adventures in America for their new television series, the enormous reaction to Johnny B's catfish story and their new daily radio show Drive It With The 2 Johnnies on RTÉ 2FM."

CANCER.

"Founding member of 221+ CervicalCheck Patient Support Group Stephen Teap and campaigner Lorraine Walsh will speak about the great Vicky Phelan in light of a new documentary, Vicky, which is released in cinemas next weekend."

Music by "pop sensations" Ella Henderson and Cian Ducrot. Me neither.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,297 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is there another Halloween film coming out, how many times can Mikey Myers die

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭Archeron

Eye gouging spoons, my kingdom for some eye gouging spoons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Dickie10

wow Brian Odriscoll yet again.... surely thats over 10 times, would they not have waited til january before the 6 nations to get his views on joe /andy/all blacks /leinster etc? im thinking amy huberman must be due in next few weeks along with robbie keane, the two christys and louis walsh. would anyone be able to go back through the last 10 years of LLS and count the weeks thier WASNT a cancer segment on? im fairly sure a good few toy shows even got a cancer slot in thier somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭amlinopta

O’Driscoll did the media round early in September promoting the documentary about retirement which was shown by BT last Friday, so not sure why he’s on this evening. Think the wife was on either two or three weeks ago. Scraping the barrel with The Two Johnnies, more in-house RTE rubbish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭StevenToast

O'Driscoll and Huberman are real sickeners now.....between them they'll be on the late late show every few weeks, where they will promote & talk about the other one.....they will "slag" each other and we are meant to think....."Awww, aren't they a great couple altogether"......

They're too "high profile" to appear as a pair....no, instead we have to endure them as individuals...

They are the opposite of killing 2 birds with one stone....

We have to waste 2 stones to "kill" them....

Insufferable attention seekers.....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Wouldn't be surprised if BOD's "hilarious" story about taking home the wrong dog from the groomer during the week was all a publicity stunt. Bound to result in a lot of fake laughing from The Toyman later

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭BobDole22

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭RoTelly

@Pelvis Parsley how are these thread going? Jamie Lee Curtis will be live on TLLS tonight BTW.

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Well, I had to look behind the couch for this one-even in tumble-weed era boards.ie, it had slipped back to the second page after a week or so.

Think I'll stick to the Thursdays.

Yes, Ichabod mentioned LIVE IN STUDIO on a promo which I heard on the way into the office this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Sweet Talkin Romeo

jaysus ! show should come with a health warning - getting into depressing time of the year; wouldn't take much to decide to knock it on the head if a feller was having a bad time of it, and a few minutes watching dat bleak/depressing shoy8 could well make someone reach for the pills/sharp objects on impulse 😒

not risking it meself; as good and all as this thread always is, it's a high price to pay for t'benefit of the lols on here 😃

AMY FAKKIN HUBERMAN's HOUSEBOUND 😓 😓 DEE and her chums must be laughing their entitled heads off 😒

#fkturgidythehungrygreedycheapskatesameredpairofconverserunnersfordatoyshowwearerdarelentlesslyself-promotingKOONT

marital arts expert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭RoTelly

But last Friday night’s episode – which also clashed with Culture Night in Dublin – saw an average of just 350,000 tune in across the two channels, with the show seeing a peak audience of 389,000 tuning in.

However, a spokesman said last Friday night’s figure was a “consolidated figure of live TV plus catch up”, adding: “Noting catch-up, is normally read after eight days. Episode Four has not yet surpassed this eight-day period.”

Is the spokesperson suggesting that since Last Friday TLLS is getting 44,000 - 100,000 streams on the RTÉ player?

Average - Across both RTÉ ONE and +1

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Sweet Talkin Romeo

^^^

the 'stat-jukers' are probably on shrapnel while King Hobbidy is coining it in ☹️

marital arts expert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,085 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Evening all! Let's do this! 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Beard suits Norton in fairness

evening all

😊😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,935 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Actually a great guest list. For once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

At first glance I thought that was his wages...

A bit all over the shop from Ryan.

Ryan ramps up the fake laughter.

• Advertisement

On 'The Graham Norton Show' tonight on BBC One...Dermot Bannon, Keith Barry, and Francis Brennan.

Just what we need, another maudlin Dermot Kennedy/Lewis Capaldi/Ed Sheeran piano ballad.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Wishox

Hey Peeps, Nice to be back. Question, Would should be the next Host of TLL ?

LOl - I like that sort of ****. Even if lyrics a bit daft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

God I can’t stand this predictable same old crap sound of recent years. They all sound the same!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Ya beat me to it! With a dose of Adele fucked in for good measure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,825 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

That’s a decent song in fairness with the two of them

Walk you home every night tonight

10,000 kisses

Too late

Writing over the wall

Don't cry

but I care for you

Calls

Tries

Walks home every night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Cumhachtach

Those two Johnnies, and they are a pair of johnnies, are the least talented people I've ever seen on TV. And that's saying something.

Advertisement