Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke III

Lavrov looks like he a migraine and would rather be in bed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

Who are we fighting - "the West", didn't even mention Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭EOQRTL

One guy not clapping there in the second row. Putin will probably send him to the front line.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭pjordan

What is it about Russian leaders back to Krustchev that they can talk on and on in great inflated speeches saying f-all of substance? Jus he really is taking some shite load of cliches for the nodding heads in attendence. I'd say the ones that the camera's focus in on are bricking in in case they are not seen to be enthuasatic enough. Great he acknowledged the brave "volunteers" who joined up at the point of a gun just like those that voted in the referendum. Did he give out the official results yet or is that not necessary since it was so resounding?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

It's interesting that once again Putin's calling for peace talks and negotiations to end the war.

He genuinely seems to think that because Russia has annexed this territory, he can essentially take the ball and go home now.

• Advertisement

Breaking News.......

Russia finds cure for insomnia.

He's insane. I said it when he was speechifying ahead of the initial invasion and I'm saying it again now.

Even the nuttiest QAnon conspiracy-monger on the internet wouldn't spout this garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Wes M.

I can't listen to anymore ramblings from a fantasist....

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Covid19

Jesus, you really can't let a faux-pas go, eh? Hes contributed a he'll of a lot more interesting stuff than you have, there's a fact for you!

I bet you're one of those guys that keeps following your girlfriend/boyfriend/wife/husband from room to room in order to Make yOur pOiNt......

You know. Those guys.

the body language of the audience is very telling, they don't look enthused in any way

• Advertisement

Some classic projection going on here as he accuses 'the West' of all the things he is guilty of.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Wes M.

They don’t want to see us a free society. They want to see us as a crowd of slaves.

It's embarassing....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Jays there's a week worth of paranoid delusions contained in the speech for the Qanon conspiracy theorists. In fact the speechwriters must have used some of their input in compiling it.

So US bombed Nagasaki and Hiroshima (and Hamburg and Koln) just for the craic and The Russians waked into Berlin as the Nazi's burned it down themselves.

US laid waste to Vietnam but Russia didn't do anything to Afghanistan or Chechnya.

Japan and Korea are just pawns of the US who are actively bugging their leaders and controlling their every thought and word but Belarussia is an independent state!!!

How long more can he keep up with this crap? We should have started a wedding speech wager before hand. I'd never have believed it would go on for half an hour but he could ramble on for another half yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Economics101

That is totally self-evident horsesh*t. Don't try to insult our intelligence.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

• Registered Users Posts: 40,006 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Where is there a red laser dot when you need one.

Putin makes me sick, ranting about history and the west's colonial past while standing in a gilded imperial fuqing palace in the biggest country on earth comprised of...many many colonies. I'd love to drop a tactical nuke on that building they're all in right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭StrawbsM

Bloody hell. Putin is like the drunk one who went up to sing one karaoke song and now they won’t give the mic back!

I started to nod off 😂

• Advertisement

Obama said when he visited Russia in 2009 he mostly spent time with Medvedev since he was nominally President. He also visited Putin as a courtesy. It was meant to be an hour long but Putin ranted grievances like this at him for 2 hours before he had to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

Putin: I've annexed it and they're mine; no take-backsies!

I think we're all waiting for the nuclear weapons threat section of the speech

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

The Usual rambling diatribe of the evil west and its poor morals. Bizarre Speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Lads this is mental - how long does the world stand by to watch as he picks apart a country piece by piece.

Its akin to a crowd watching a big bruiser beat the lard out of a young lad whilst everyone in the crowd looks at each other shaking their heads and saying "jasus thats awful, he can't do that"

He's so feckin paranoid that he wont even sit at the same desk as the 4 plebs for the signing. Great optics for how much he embraces the new territory!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,519 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Yes, he seemed to frame the speech mostly as a Russia vs 'the West' speech - with the West (especially the US) cast in the role of being corrupt and degenerate and wishing to destroy the Russian way of life etc.

Feels more like a declaration of war against the US than anything else.

One things for sure he definitely doesn't look sick or on the verge of death with cancer or whatever else we kept hearing months back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Those high heels 👠 must be killing him

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement