Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I doubt the plight of the foreign doctors will bother anyone who isn’t, exactly, a “fan” of foreigners, particularly refugees.

Irish doctors don’t stick always around here after qualifying, same with teachers and we don’t have that many non-Irish in that industry.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 25,296 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

My local McDonalds… is about a 4 minute drive away…. for some reason for the last 3/4 years, they never have any ice cream, like NEVER.. on average I only ever get the urge to get a McDonalds maybe every five or six weeks and more often for convenience then really wanting one…. but for 3/4 years to have a machine ‘out of order’ is weird… tonight I see the ‘out of order’ sign was removed from the menu board at the drive threw menu, so I chance my arm and order one… “ sorry, no ice cream “ 😅

They don’t stick around always, a girl who I was friendly with through my teens and early 20’s has recently been successful applying for a consultant position in Boston, USA, having worked there as a doctor for a number of years. Thing is she applied for the job and got it based on her abilities, skills, experience, references and aptitude…. What symbol was on her passport was no door opener. The fact she is an excellent communicator, experienced, has superb references and… fluent in their native tongue was the key to her success.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Yep, sicker than a bus to Knock again. Supposed to be going to Spain tomorrow but not sure I'm fit to go anywhere. Currently in bed with a Joopy Luice* and two hot water bottles, hoping for an overnight miracle.

*Lemsip with a capful of whiskey thrown in. I loathe both but somehow they make eachother somewhat bearable.

• Advertisement

put some whiskey in the water bottle too !

fingers crossed for ya….

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

So this evening when I was walking my Jack Russell Toby, there's a walkway beside Bremore Castle in Balbriggan which leads onto the beach. When I get onto the walkway I usually let Toby off the lead for a runaround. I got to the area just behind the castle where Toby ran towards an Alsatian on a lead. The alsatian's owner completely freaked out and gave me the absolute height of dog's abuse (no pun intended) for having my own dog off the lead. I got shocked at how aggressive and abusive he was so I called him a prick and told him that there was no need to get as abusive as that and that I usually let my dog off the lead on a path. He roars "do you want me to leave my dog off also??? It's a path, not a field" while continuing to fire abuse, calling me a stupid **** and stupid wanker before storming off.

Maybe I was being too easy going, irresponsible and complacent by leaving Toby off the lead on that path for a runaround, because if he got caught by a big dog like his then it would be game over for him so I was stupid, but I really wasn't expecting that level of super aggressive abuse to be thrown at me. It's also an area where people usually let their dogs run free so I had no qualms about letting Toby off the lead. It's a hard lesson learned but I'm still really upset and shaky this eve after that torrent of abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

(((HUGS)))) that is horrible and way OTT of the other person...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Heavy rain and strong winds and I was expecting rare visitors ... Not a chance now. There will be no ferries... Ah well, there will be other days..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Without googling, I think Alsatian/German shepherd are supposed to have a muzzle on when outside.

So if he was breaking that rule he was probably overly anxious of what would happen to your lil dog and in turn his dog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Yep. 100% should be muzzled. Although like most things in this country, it's never enforced. It's the GSD I feel sorry for. If yer man is being such a prick to a total stranger, imagine how he is at home with the dog.

The Alsatian wasn't muzzled. If he thought his dog was a danger to other dogs then he should have had him muzzled. Lots of people leave their dogs off the lead along that stretch of pathway as it's a good bit away from the road. If it wasn't me then I think he would have verbally abused someone else. Anyway I'll be taking my blackthorn stick next time, and I'll be keeping Toby on the lead until I get to the beach with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

It could just be a case that he's sick of dogs being off leads running up to his dog and he just lost it. You don't know how a dog off a lead is going to act with another dog and might provoke a reaction from his dog that might not end well. Your dog should be on a lead

Yes he should have been on the lead, I won't make excuses for that. I just wasn't prepared for that overly aggressive and abusive reaction, it left me a bit rattled.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

There is no way I’d keep my dog on a lead and muzzled if the area was quiet and free of traffic. Total overreaction to resort to insults and screaming.

Make sure your dog doesn’t run over to other dogs that are kept on a leas though because there might be a reason for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Didn’t you call him a pr1ck first? When I had a dog I got fed up with dogs off the lead having a go at my on lead quiet springer

I didn't call him a prick first. He said to me "Ya shouldn't have yer dog off de lead ya stupid f**kin' clown ya!" when I went to pick up my dog. He was riled up like a madman.

Anyway, I won't be leaving Toby off the lead anywhere like that again unless it's along the coast with few people around.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,934 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

All the special Christmas food starting to appear in the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

We've already gone through 3 tubs.

When the shortbread tins hit Aldi I'll be all over them.

Currently on the hunt for the Cadbury chocolate Christmas puds.

The last two years I've stuck to dunnes and a little Aldi ...I'm definitely getting M&S treats this year.

Looking forward to Christmas this year (which means life will throw a curve ball) but until then I'm gonna eat all the treats 😂😂🤣😂

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Helen Mc Entee calling the Gardai the police on RTE News just now . Seriously ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Sweet Talkin Romeo

too tired/lazy/pi$$ed off to go out to shop for provisions 😢😆

only ~200yds away, but still 🙂

Christmas adds all over TV too... all over websites etc .. ie. not October yet and Christmas adds everywhere... kindly fùck right off..

Probably in a few years it will be maintained that An Garda Siochana is not an inclusive organisation name representative of multicultural ireland... hello...PSROI 😁 this is just dropping grains of division...

Seriously though.. the fućk she was elected... ? Not like you can 'forget' their name... been always that since ....1922

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I was actually shocked ! My husband is not Irish and he actually said did she just call the Gardai the police

I’d say very deliberate. Literally nobody in the country refers to our law enforcement as ‘The Police’… then.. minister for justice who has lived here for about 37 years… all of a sudden does….hmmm 🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Yeah, everyone knows they are called The Shades!

What will RTE do of they have to change from An Gortdee to The Pleece?

They’ll do nada. The Irish Broadcasting Company however… 🤪🙄🪩😉

• Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

What’s the big deal? Why does it matter what they are called?

• Advertisement

Well the least one can expect of the Justice Minister is to know the name of the Garda organisation and to use it when being interviewed, rather than the English translation. I doubt she'd appreciate being called Ellen McEnroe or referred to as the Minister for the Arts, Culture and the Gaeltacht.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement