Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Race Thread 2022 **spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,648 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

He allegedly pushed the two of them, 13 and 14 year old girls. One of them hit the deck and the other hit her elbow off a wall. According to Dutch news anyways.

If that’s what transpires and there’s CCTV to back it up, he’ll be in trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 16,728 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I’m still puzzled how a group of 20 drifted off & the French pulled out a 90sec gap with Remco in the group. Once that gap was made it was game over really.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,242 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

• Registered Users Posts: 25,718 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

But they also pulled it back to 1m at around the 40km mark and then let the gas off again.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,728 ✭✭✭✭dahat

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Fair play Remco. A deserving winner imo. Feel sorry for WVA. He has to slap on a fake smile and pretend he is happy about it.

For those who aren't tapped out on cycling Paris-Chauny is free to watch on the official site - https://www.csc-chauny.fr/paris-chauny-2022-le-direct/ - about 36km to go.

The later start for cross races seems to be thing this year? I kind of prefer the later start, not distracted by getting dinners ready. Not liking the changes to commentary though.

I see L*nce has a new episode of his podcast/vlog out to discuss the world champs, with Bruyneel, Hincapie, Jan Ulrich, Wiggins and Cav on it. Surprised the latter 2 agreed to appear on it, especially Cav as an active racer. I feel tainted having just watched a 30s clip of it.

Was only thinking about this the other day, it’s really f’ing annoying that he’s after slithering his way back into the pro cycling ‘sphere’.

Whatever about the likes of Ullrich, but seeing that knobhead back and ‘forgiven ‘after all the sh1te he’s pulled is infuriating and part of why there’ll always be issues in cycling with doping if that’s the attitude we have towards serial dopers

• Registered Users Posts: 25,718 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

It's not just the doping though. He was a bully and a slandering scumbag.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Looking at the list of names there though, hardly a banner of names who care. Between the dopers and the bullies, its more a sad day that anyone would listen to any of them. Wiggins I presume is there as he was really rubbish on GCN at the tour and knows the writings on the wall possibly and needs another income.

More info came out on the MvDP incident, he was staying on a different floor in the hotel to the entire Dutch team with his girlfriend because he had a slight cold, and he chased the two teenage girls down the hallway back to their room where he had a confrontation with them inside the room.

Honestly just a brain-dead hotheaded reaction, he’s probably lucky to have gotten away so lightly

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Totally. The young ones shouldn't have been at it but he should not, under any circumstances have chased them back to their room. He could have called reception/ hotel security.

No one's covered themselves in glory but vdP is a dick for chasing them down, infuriating and all though they were. Part of his job is that he's an ambassador for the sport, himself, his team etc whether he likes it or not.

Ineos apparently looking to sign Remco, with money no object!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Hope lefevre tells ineos where to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Jumbo Visma development squad with Archie Ryan won the TTT at the Tour de L'Isard today.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

He was 8th in the second stage of the day. 19s down on the winner, and the first of the Jumbo riders. He likely was riding in support of the Norwegian lad with Jumbo who won yesterdays stage and still holds the GC lead

The stage was shortened because of the weather

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Pat is making the whole Ineos story up based on his prior behaviour, he just wants air time as thats what pays the bills in cycling.

Archie Ryan 9th in todays stage. Up to 9th on GC too. Jumbo’s leader is in the lead on GC too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,378 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Dodge, do you know what happened during Stage 1? The profile online looked fairly flat but yet a group of riders, including the current GC top-3, finished 10 minutes ahead of the peloton. It seems a bit bizarre

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

The Giro in 2023 rumoured to have three time trials. Remco might be tempted . Route announced mid October.

No, and I’ve tried to find out too. The Jumbo review mentions a crash but seems to suggest it happened to the breakaway. The stage winner is one of the favourites so it was defo a mistake to let him up the road. 10 minutes is such a huge gap but it can happen in u23 races with teams not able to get organised quickly. Looks like Jumbo is the top team and they had 3 in the break

BTW Sam Bennett returns to action on Monday in the Munsterland Giro

He won this race in 2017. Loads of sprinters there this year; Kooij, Ewan, Groenewegen, Jacobsen, Ackermann

Nairo left Arkea, apparently the previous 3 year renewal announcement was just a verbal agreement and never signed a contract. Won’t race again this season for them either

https://www.ciclismointernacional.com/bomba-nairo-quintana-no-continuara-en-el-arkea-samsic/

I want to thank Arkéa-Samsic for these three seasons where we were able to have many races. We won some, we lost others. I was able to deliver all my experience, all my learning to a great team. I was able to get the points to take the team to the World Tour, fulfilling what was promised when I was hired," Nairo said in a video released by his press agency.

"I want to announce that I will not continue in Arkéa-Samsic next season as we had announced on August 16. I will continue pedaling and soon I will comment on my future," continued Quintana, who mentioned that he continues to work on his defense against the TAS for the double positive of tramadol during the last Tour de France. Although it is not a case of doping, it is considered an infraction, so all its results in the gala round were annulled.

"Due to health issues I will miss the last races, so I end my 2022 season,"

No coverage of Giro dell'Emelia today from the looks of it ? That has been covered in the past by ES/GCN, I'm sure of it. I remember the climb up around San Luca on the laps at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭cosalofa

No team was willing (able?) to reel in the breakaway group. FdJ, Trinity, and Jumbo all had men in the breakaway and they are probably the strongest teams in the race.

Great ride by Mas

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭cosalofa

Archie Ryan wins today's stage.

Post edited by cosalofa on

• Advertisement

He’d be in the lead if it wasn’t for that weird first day

Ben Healy won a stage in this race last year but I think Archie’s ceiling is much higher

In the CRO race, Oscar Only of DSM is putting it up to Vingegaard and Archie was ahead of him in Avenir and the other race I’m forgetting the name of :)

Advertisement