Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taskmaster (Greg Davies sets some comedians daft challenges!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Agree on the Kearns character on 8 out of 10 cats being pretty painful, but by all accounts, he is a very funny guy aside from that. Morgana was great on TM, but similarly, her Natalie Cassidy character is dreadful, so will reserve judgement. Overall, looks a really good lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Yep, similar example was Al Murray. Brutal "comedy" persona but found him pretty decent on TM.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Not finding this year's contestants on Taskmaster NZ very funny..

.. was always gonna be hard to live up to season 2.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I agree, but apart from them not being funny, I'm finding it hard to warm to any of them. And the standard of tasks definitely seems to have dropped quite a bit. Hopefully things will improve as the series goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,062 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Oh, are they on youtube or elsewhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I wonder with NZ being similar size wise to Ireland is it a case of the talent pool is light enough, if it was done here I could see by the third series the canteen in Donnybrook being cleared out to make up numbers.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It's available on the TVNZ website. You can create a free account there, just need a VPN. Seasons 1 and 2 are superb.

Season 2 is here on YouTube, I'm currently watching it via this channel, good picture quality

https://youtu.be/NyTEKy8cs5s

• Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

• Registered Users Posts: 33,815 ✭✭✭✭Penn

With Ray D'arcy as the Taskmaster, and someone whose house was on Room to Improve as one of the contestants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

It has Jason Byrne being obnoxious written all over it.

Tommy Tiernan came to my mind as a taskmaster. But can't think who I'd have as the assistant...

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Kevin McAleer, his laconic delivery would be ideal for the more manic tasks.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 McBurgermacs

Marty morrissey would be the taskmaster with Bernard o shea as the assistant and it would be terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

The S3 NZ contestants have grown on me over the series, though still not as much as the S1+2 groups. It could be because I'm watching week-to-week rather than binging though.

Good to see David Correos in episode 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Already exists

Just saw an ad for the new season - starts back 29th September. Looking forward to Dara O'Briain.

Anyone on this thread ever get a ticket for the live recordings?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,929 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Decent enough episode, Dara and Muanya were excellent. Live task was dull though which is a bit of a trend for the show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,981 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I enjoyed it - O'Briain is always funny, and Millican is a good fit for this sort of thing. The others I don't know but they were all good in the first episode and the tasks were fun. TM is still one of the best things on TV provided they have a good lineup of contestants.

I enjoyed last night's show. Promising cast, I don't know Fern Brady or John Kearns, I thought Fern came across well. John was a little anonymous, but plenty of time to grow into it.

Fun seeing them use Gatwick's empty terminal as a location too...

A decent first episode. Dara was great. Munya might be fantastic, he did an episode of Off Menu Podcast with Ed Gamble and James Acaster and he was hilarious. Fern seems fairly reserved but she can be hilarious. John, I only know him from his godawful appearances on Cats Does Countdown, but as himself he might be a bit of a Baddiel. And Sarah Millican I'm not much of a fan of, but she was okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Decent mix of guests. Munya was a little too try hard for me but the rest all have potential. I know nothing about about Fern or John but the biggest laugh last night was Fern’s look to camera when Dara was trying to explain how it looked like a bird

They all engaged in the tasks so that’s always a good sign

• Registered Users Posts: 33,039 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Ok first episode.

The tasks were fairly poor which really didn't help. Left little room for invention.

Dara was excellent in great fun on all the tasks really as I would have expected. Great fit for the show.

Fern I really like she doesn't say much but when she does, funny, liked her prize task.

John has potential but he didn't get much of a chance to shine.

Munya kind of irritating to be honest, try hard is about right, the Zimbabwe thing will get old quick tbh.

Sarah was kind of her usual self, she didn't mention cake which makes a change.

It could really grow as it goes along, Greg was in decent form!

Thought this was very funny

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Fern Brady has autism supposedly which kinda makes sense as her reactions to things sometimes seem a little off. Anyhow I've enjoyed her on things like the News Quiz before so I have high hopes.

I'd agree that Munya was a bit irritating but hopefully he'll grow on me as Judy Love did last series, I really disliked her at the start too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Really enjoyed the first episode. Dara and Sarah are A listers for it so it's great . Never heard of fern or John tbh so hopefully they will get their moments

Think it sets it up for a great season imo

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pjcb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Twitter poll for the best outfits. Round 2 voting might be finished but Round 3 should be starting soon.

Advertisement