Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pantheon (AMC - Animated Scifi Tech AI)

• 03-09-2022 10:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭

Animated show that seems to be covering something about AI. Fairly recognisable cast including Paul Dano, Aaron Eckhart, William Hurt..

First two episodes released on Thursday.

High ratings so far with: Rotten Tomatoes giving it 100% (critics) / 90% (audience)

IMDB says: A young woman begins receiving messages from an unknown number that claims to be her deceased father. Trying to uncover the truth, she stumbles upon a larger conspiracy involving the singularity.

Wiki page is a bit spare on details but lists cast and says it has eight episodes this season with a season two in the works.

Season one trailer:

(though.. it, so far, feels like a show worth going into blind if the IMDB description above is enough for you)

Episode 1: This feels like a high level quality show about the onset of some kind of new tech. The level of detail put in feels like some of the early high quality, high concept anime shows out of Japan. The episode lays out the characters, where they are and what they are doing... and a mystery. Looking forward to the rest of this story.

Well there's definitely got to be something going on. That big server farm place in a cold location, Iceland maybe? or the Antartic.. hardly the Antartic.. that'd be so far away.

Caspians mother and father acting like that was a bit wierd. What're they trying to do with Caspian... or maybe it's just cover for the father.

It looked like the show is doing a lot of attention to detail. Pausing on only glances of computer screens had full texts written out in them. I'm guessing I missed some. I did notice a youtube link on Maddies desktop and found it's real and relevant to what she is doing in school:

Greek Mythology God and Goddesses Documentary

An hour and a half tho.. I'm probably not gonna watch it unless it feels like it's very tied to the show.

Also for reference.. some details on DDOS Blackholing I found on this site: https://www.cloudflare.com/en-gb/learning/ddos/glossary/ddos-blackhole-routing/

DDoS blackhole routing/filtering (sometimes called blackholing), is a countermeasure to mitigate a DDoS attack in which network traffic is routed into a “black hole,” and is lost.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

2: OK. That moment at the end. That was built up really well. Only two episodes in. Well done.

The scene earlier on in the show was frightening! 😲

I think I get where the show is going now..

Seems like it's side stepping AI... too hard.. which is fair.

I get the feeling there's a bunch of uploaded UIs and they are being put to work... in servers/online.. So that seems to be one side of it.

Then the other side.. Caspian and Chandra.. that looks to me like maybe the other side is Bodies that are being controlled by UIs.. either a machine has been put into the bodies to control them or they are being remote controlled.. I'm not sure.

Damn tho.. that scene with Chandra being scanned 😲

I did like the Queen song they picked to use 🙂

Queen - You're My Best Friend (Official Video)

Forgot to mention the respectful nod to William Hurt at the end.

3: The way this show figured how to explain the tech is really cool. At this point

obviously Chandra is gone and body dead. I'm still guessing what the deal with Caspian is.

Definitely they've done something / are experimenting on him. I dunno. Just something. After the Chandra reveal, there's a hint he's in something of that situation but he looks like he's more real world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Not a trailer person, but sounded intriguing, so gave it a whirl- had to stop it coz it was giving too much away.... which is the main reason I don't watch trailers🙄. Anyway, looks like it could be really good. I'll definitely track it down.

Yeah that's fair. I just rewatched the trailer and I'd probably be recommending folks go in blind. Saying that though.. I'll be finding it difficult to get across the 'why' I think.

• Advertisement

4: Well damnnn.. this mystery. It's got me hooked. I just can't figure it out.

Not the tech stuff. That's cool how they are showing the uploaded intelligence and how it all works and that... but Caspian.

The hell is going on with Caspian. He was there as a baby.. like.. hardly he's AI in a body then.. more like a kid raised to be an agent or something.

Oh... 😲 he's hardly a body being created for someone else to takenover later maybe..

Haven't a clue but want to know!

Oh and.. No sign of

Chandra since the start of the episode.. but what he did

That was like dayum! 😲

I looked up Lauries song, it was:

When In Rome - The Promise (Official Music Video)

One other thing.. Michael Kellys voice! My brain just knew it wasn't the character on screen, CEO Van Leuwen. I think it's more down to knowing him from his past work too well. Especially as Doug in House of Cards.

5: Aaaaaaaah! Well, that explains a few things. This episode was a bit shorter I think and moved along fast enough.

The whole what's-going-on a bit more out there too. Still though.. just at the halfway mark.

I'm not sure that Logorhythms are out of the picture as the danger but it feels like much of their danger is now passed. Chandra is still there and it's wierd they haven't been in touch. I'm guessing either he'll become a baddie or oppositely.. he'll join them and they'll all have a bigger baddie show up.

6: Right so. There it is.

War is begun. I assume things are going to escalate fast.

Who is on the table.. the American, the Russian, the Israeli, the Indian and the Chinese.

With a guess that maybe Caspian is going to be able to defuse things.

Can't see how at the moment tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

I'm sure there's ways of grabbing this, but I think I'll wait for my app to pick it up.

Awe crap, I watched 6 and 7 in the wrong order. That was a reaction to 7. Certainly explains the wierd feeling of a time jump I had.

Watched 6 now and it filled in a lot of the gaps. Definitely looks like

my guess from episode 5 was on the money.. option one.. Chandra becoming the baddie.

• Advertisement

Well. That's season one! Started strong, ended strong! Story/Mystery in-between was done well enough.

As it went along I wasn't sure they'd have something that felt like a point but they did in the end. Solid.

In terms of animated series, this felt high concept anime level idea and delivery.

8: Well wrapped ending there. It would've been an alright place to have left it if they hadn't got a second season. I think..

they'll have all the UIs seen before back again. All seemed to survive except Maddies father David but he'll be back but.. kind of reset I guess.

The USA astronaut seemed to get it worst. Looks like she might be locked away.. on virtual Mars. Ouch.

Chandra and the Chinese trio .. I reckon they got out.

The Russian looked like he was having a dawning of awareness moment 😁

Strongest moment for me had to be just..

how well they conveyed Davids sacrifice and his build up and interactions with Maddie. The fight was alright but the use of Lauries hack and stopping the nuke was bigger.

Can't imagine a new David not bringing Maddie difficulties in her head space in the future giving what she'll remember but he won't

Future: Well, wiki says it's getting a second season and I'm in for sure! 🙂

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantheon_(TV_series)

A second season was in production by August 2022

Advertisement