Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Louis CK’s Russian tale

• Registered Users Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

So both sides don't attack at night? Absolutely crazy not to use the cover of darkness to your advantage!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

I presume the Ukrainians do but the Orc don't have night vision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

What news sites do you use guys ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greenpilot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭macraignil

I think there is no way Zelenskyy would have made the application without running it past the NATO allies first anyway and it allows them reply in a way that is less inflammatory than the **** that is being spouted by putin. When putin is ranting like a madman saying something is proabbaly better than staying quiet and it allows a public discussion with NATO that can make it clear they are still on Ukraine's side even if they don't want to escalate things further at this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I am only going by the chatter I see on Telegram/Twitter, but it only seems to happen during very intense periods of fighting. It happened often during the early days when Kyiv and Bucha were under attack. It happened during the peak of fighting at Siverodonetsk. I guess neither side has sufficient night vision equipment to make it more prevalent.

There's also a definite lull of fighting on Sundays. Maybe they all go to mass on that day?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,714 ✭✭✭✭briany

@Francie Barrett

There's also a definite lull of fighting on Sundays

Russian naval ships operate with their ATIS switched off. The latest Sentinel imagery, along with the Intel gathered by the daily Global Hawk, EP-3's and military satellites all show around 30 Russian Navy vessels operating in the Black Sea, well off the Crimean coast.

Sevastapol was cleared out last week, with all the submarines moving to the ports in Novorossiya. This occured when Ukraine began it's offensive and presented the real possibility of moving their HIMARS within range of Sevastapol.

You can see a clear absence of ships and other crafts across a defined area around Crimea. This is an exclusion zone enforced by the Russian Navy and likely to indicate the current position of the Black Sea Fleet.

UK Intel reports have confirmed the relocation of the submarines:

And, the flightpath of USAF Global Hawk operations have also corresponded with the edges of this "exclusion zone"

The Black Sea fleet is very much there. Just because you cannot see them, does not mean they are not present. Also, OSINT channels, a few weeks ago, worked out that the surface radar sweeps from the ships radars caused interference in the Sentinel Satellite imagery, giving away their positions. I wrote a post on this a few pages back if you're interested.

I'm afraid, this is not going to "blow over".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

I'm thinking it's a lack of people tweeting about fighting, rather than a lack of fighting.

This thread goes quiet at night, all of boards goes quiet at night, it's not due to lack of fighting/news, it's down to people far removed from the news/fighting that are sleeping.

• Advertisement

In the name of which vanquished nation did you serve?

I'm naturally cynical, but for a guy with so-called military experience, you do not seem to be very au-fait with the current conflict, the lead up to it, the various tech being used by both sides, and that Naval Vessels can switch off their ATIS.

I'm guessing FCA, working out of Finner camp on a wet weekend.? Fair play to you if it is. I know many a keyboard warrior who would baulk at the first boghole. 🤔

Quoi?

I really do not think that you've been following whats being going on in Ukraine since February.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

Putin is pathetic ... it is very clear we have a very very mentally ill man here who needs to be removed from office immediately and given the medical help he needs ... sadly there seem to be guys around him who are taking advantage of his illness .... it must be awful for intelligent Russians to see their leader degenerate into this state of mind and no one is able to remove him from office and give him the medical help he needs ...

It is 100% clear Putin is not what he was ... but everyone in the regime is ignoring this ... to take over at the right moment to be the 'saviour' I suppose ... what we are seeing is the pathetic fall of a man who once was a stable statesman ... but why has Putin descended into this state of depression and mental illness? And is he self medicating on crystal meth and cocaine?? It is very dangerous to have a man who needs medical help left in charge ... and it is pathetic the others are using it to their supposed advantage ...

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭mikewest

Somebody, I forget who, threw a question your way about that tweet a few hours ago. Way way back in the thread by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

The people posting from these accounts already do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

‘Given the Medical help he needs’……yeah a head full of lead 😡😡

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

The only help needed with Putin is help to remove him from the living as soon as possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭Field east

So, if NATO can modify the rules then It is very possible for NATO to make it much easier to join NATO - even as an ‘honorary member’. But ONE RULE I suggest that it should definitely change is the one which says all members must agree who can join. NATO should learn from the mistake that the UN made whereby ALL seven members of the permanent council - which includes Ru - must agree on any proposal before it b4. The UN can act

But what about he nuking some parts of the rest of Ukr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭rogber

Yeah, because gas pumping into the sea and thousands of tonnes of equipment rotting in natural environments is something we should be totally indifferent to.

Btw any update on your latest Twitter "scoop" about the 100,000 Belarusian troops about to enter the war? Didn't think so... Must be under house arrest or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭threeball

Turkey don't exactly tick all the boxes, Hungary either.

Is that the reconnances brigade marking the way forward for the main advance?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Rawr

Would be interesting if they got to Kremmina. Retreat by land would be pretty much impossible if Ukraine get there first. Would also set up a new frontline on that river there. Lysychansk would be up for grabs again, giving them the high ground over Sieveirdonetsk.

My guess / hope is that the heavy fighting last night was out of desperation. The Russians there maybe realised that they needed to bug out from Lyman but never got the direction to do it. Now they are probably scared and maybe even heedlessly firing at anything that approaches. They’ll eventually run out of ammo, where they’ll have the option of surrender or being shot in a break-out attempt.

If the Russians weren’t as feckless as they clearly are, they might have withdrawn earlier, or failing that try an airlift to get as many guys out as possible. A counter attack to relieve Lyman is of course possible, but it doesn’t feel that they’re capable of that.

One of the main things I picked up from the speech was when he mentioned that there are precidentsre using nuclear bombs. He specifically mentioned the US dropping such bombs on Japan . I assume the insuation is that if he drops one he will not be the first country to do it

Aviation update:

No major or unusual activities to report, and two items of interest.

Looking at the overall top-down, one thing that is apparent is the large number of Strategic Airlift aircraft, from various countries, moving troops and equipment around or repositioning their assets. C-17 and C-130J ( newest varients)are all busy this morning. There's even a Moroccan C-130E smoking along over the Med. Now that's an old bird.

The second thing is the aircraft highlighted in the bottom picture. It's a Boeing P-8 Submarine hunter. Took off from the Middle East earlier. Im watching to see where it will end up.

Will it end up off our South West Coast?

I'll keep you guys posted. I've one ear on Shannon Control on LiveAtc. If you draw an extended line from its current bearing, all the way out towards Ireland, the line intersects the area of ocean containing the Data cables. I'm not saying for definite that that's where the P8 is headed, but if I'm right, you heard it here 1st!

Exercise Joint Warrior 2022.

Those of you tracking aircraft and naval movements will notice increased activity in the waters around northern Scotland over the next 2 weeks ( and another possible destination for the P8 I mentioned above). Over 3000 personnel, over 50 aircraft and warships from all over NATO will be active:

"Joint Warrior is a UK-led war exercise that takes place in spring and autumn each year. The Royal Navy, Royal Air Force and British Army are joined by forces from 13 other nations, including Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Latvia, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Turkey, Japan, UAE and the US.

Taking place over two weeks, Joint Warrior includes airborne assaults, amphibious landings, evacuations and live-fire exercises.

The exercise runs through a range of scenarios, including crisis and conflict situations, that could be realistically encountered in operations, such as territory disputes, terrorist activity and piracy."

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

It seems various reports coming out of Lyman Ukrainian forces saying that they have never seen so many dead or nearly dead orcs,in most cases they aren't offering any medical assistance due to lack of first aid supplies, there seems to be issues with ammo supplies for the Ukrainans moving forward, they seem to be operating in 20 man teams rather in combined large forces

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭zv2

Like Jordan Peterson says, the tyrant awakens the little Hitler in them.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭zv2

Post edited by zv2 on

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement