Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Because they are always known in Ireland as an Garda Siochana by everyone . I expect our Minister to call them that and not a translation .

• Registered Users Posts: 25,296 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Because you expect the person responsible for overseeing them… to be professional enough and courteous enough to refer to them by their actual name…

somebody has been using my treadmill, no problem… there is a problem when I return to find water and what appears to be chocolate, smeared on the deck.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Sorry you were upset. I'd say he just lost it. If his dog is reactive, then dogs like yours are are not helping in any way. He is as defensive of his dog as you are of yours though and you are the one in the wrong here and also escalated it by saying you always let him off the lead there. Maybe his dog is reactive or nervous and does not like being approached by strange dogs.

You get people saying, oh, its fine, he's friendly and people think they know their own dog. But they dont. My trainer said to me, how would you feel if a person you did not know came charging towards you.

My little fella is very friendly and was recently approached by a lab, who went for him. The lab was off lead, my fella was on his lead, and my little fella was terrified. I dont want him to lose his personality and be nervous of other dogs because of some selfish person who thinks they can do what they like. The owner got a shock when their labrador went for mine and said "oh he never did that before". I did let rip at him because I too got a shock and he might have said I was aggressive, but my dog comes first.

Dont want to make you feel bad over it, but this is definitely something people feel strongly about and will always be a row over.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Yes true , I am still shocked that no one pulled her up on it on twitter or elsewhere . I know many non Irish here and not one of them refer to the Gardaí as the police .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

All these money saving tips. Things such as shop around, plan your meals, switch providers, etc. All of which are fairly obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Went to the bathroom at 3am last night. Opened the door and walked smack into a spiders Web that was built over the last few hours..busy little bastard. Anyhow, went back to bed, with the ick, spent at least an hour, twisting, turning and tearing myself with the itch.

Bastard

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Anyone using sub Daily Express sobriquets like Mary Lunatic, Mehole or Lieo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I've been doing these things all my life. I'm TA that people think it's all so new.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

People selling stuff saying "little or no use"

Well of course it's fcuking used, it's second hand, clown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,296 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

trying to tune in the ITV channels on my sky hd box… despite following the official instructions online to the letter…It doesn’t work…. In fact all the channels, 100% of them disappear from the menu… I decide to unplug and plug back in, in the vain hope that the box cops the fûck on and decides to be ok, but it takes forever to restart, when it does it’s working, ok.. 🤪

considering ITV has been around for decades, as have SKY, why isn’t ITV just a default option on the menu like RTÉ, Virgin, sky news etc…. So you can just click and watch. Bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,938 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

This is ITV which is full of ads , it’s on sky dish so maybe it’s similar

• Registered Users Posts: 13,938 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That I keep taking off my glasses like they're reading ones , not daily ones

• Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

People who don't indicate are annoying. What I find even more annoying is those who indicate incorrectly or don't switch off there indicator.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Sweet Talkin Romeo

Spiders - i used to be happy to leave them off, and to their own devices

now, on account of the invasion of foreign species (according to TV anyway) , i'm more wary, and i'm usually reaching for t'brush and dustpan; sorry spidey, it's out the back door ya go 😂😢

• Registered Users Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

TA that I started painting the ceiling in the kitchen...*am losing the will to live here .

*(Slight exaggeration) maybe 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Jar of coffee in big brand supermarket was on "offer" for 6 euro last thurs

2 days later the same coffee was on sale in a filling station for 5.85 !! this was not an offer

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

If you're losing the will to live it means you're dying, which means you'll be going to heaven, which, funnily enough, is above your ceiling (ok, a fair bit above your ceiling), but this means that a) you won't care about your unpainted ceiling any more and b) if you really wanted to you could paint it lying down on your way up (advantages: no need for ladders, etc; easier to reach; no worries about stains 'cause spirits are incorporeal, etc).

Yes, I'm that smart.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

@New Home , bahahaha, love it 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 16,934 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Mam should probably paint the attic side in that event as she'll be looking down at it.

*sorry Mam!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

So I went to Spain, did the absolute dog on it and to absolutely nobody's surprise whatsoever, am now sicker than ever. Still testing Covid negative but I can barely move and I swear to god, even my teeth and nails hurt.

I REGRET NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Got back from holidays on Sunday, my ears are still blocked from the damn plane. I've tried all the tricks but just cannot get them to equalise. Also all the rich food has caught up with me and I'm breaking out in a huge way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

The weather, and not in the normal sense. I was doing roofing work outside today and it was so warm, and pouring rain, that I needed to take off my jacket and make do with a Tee shirt and Hi-Vis vest. The first week of October and all that.

Dan.

I love a man in a tshirt and hi-vis, extra points if also wearing snickers and boots. TA we don't get enough warm weather. ☺️☺️😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

My runners felt dry when I put them on this morning but when I started walking to the bus stop my right runner felt really wet and my sock is now damp also. I'll have to put up with it for another ten hours before I can get home and have a shower :( I just hope I don't end up getting foot fungus as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Maybe make an insole out of napkins from the canteen? They'll absorb some of the moisture from shoe and sock and you can reline the shoe after an hour or so ... .not a brilliant solution but damage control?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Newspaper works well too. The sock can be dried under the hand dryer in the toilet.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Yeah but newspapers are getting harder to find (unless you buy one) ...there used to always be newspapers lying around..people use their phones for news so much more.

Remember the good old days of getting a free metro on the way to work 😂😂😂

Post edited by Princess Calla on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Yea. Had a code red yesterday. Wife calls me like she just found a sinkhole in the floor of the kitchen that was about to swallow the child.

Turned out to be just a spider. But Definitely was one of those Nope spiders. You know, one of those spiders that requires tools to remove. Glass with the paper slid under

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement