Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

She-Hulk - Disney+ (***Spoilers***)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

It's fine... I mean, it's a bit of fun (Yeah, I loved Mr Immortal) but, as per earlier, I just wish they would show the main arc. I mean DD is probably going to be the teeniest cameo (As @Zero-Cool said, they probably should have kept it secret as it's probably going to be that tiny).

The tone on this is SO light that I wonder how DD will even fit if it is anything more than a tiny cameo. I mean the reboot of DD is most likely going to be lighter in tone than the Netflix series (Prob more in tone with "Falcon and The Winter Soldier") but this is so much lighter than that.

I like fluff but this needs a smidge less fluff (Let's keep it clean, folks :) ). Don't want it to do a full 180 but just dial it down a little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,521 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

"Not a show for me" for sure but seems to have poor ratings and audience score, first Marvel series not to make top 10, seems to be the go to show to make fun of after Rings of Power

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,184 ✭✭✭✭flazio

The "Previously on..." recap has gone up, dare we hope that the show is finally going somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

We have 6 episodes of around 25 minutes each in length. We've seen her get her powers, train, get fired from a job, get a new job, go through 5+ different cases, deal with new colleagues, deal with family, deal with her new dating life etc etc.

Every show doesn't have to have constant jeopardy, villain, or pull towards an overarching plotline. It is fine not to like shows like that but many have complained over the year regarding MCU shoehorning in those items into their movies. Disney+ shows provide an opportunity to see what is happening on the streets in the MCU, this show is doing just that.

There are plenty of flaws with this show but you're just making things up to claim that nothing has happened.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,673 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

well in my opinion "dealing with family, dealing with collegues, working, dating" is the epitome of NOTHING happening in a TV show. This is essentially ally mcbeal in green skin for the kadrashian generation

getting powers and dealing with them was essential the first episode, and since then its completely powder puff.

love your description of "on the streets" in the MCU... you make its sound 'real' as if its down and dirty with the commoners who we never see in the MCU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,757 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Wrecker, Man-Bull, Saracen, El Aguila & Porcupine group therapy :) Brilliant cameos used in this series for lesser known comicbook characters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,601 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

How many episodes will be in this season?

I'd be like some above, not great, not terrible, just barely watchable.... I think the sooner it's over the better.

(And I really hate the Disney+ model of releasing an episode once a week...just release it all at once ffs).

Enjoyed it, but I’m treating now as a sit com. It’s fine as that.

9 I think, so looks like we’re going to have a cliff hanger as the main event of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,191 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I am personally really enjoying it.

It's really different from any of the other Marvel TV shows. It helps that Maslany is terrific, but the supporting characters are also enjoyable (more of Mallory please). Tim Roth is having lots of fun. The little montage at the start to HAIM was very sitcom/romcom but sweet as is the music in general. Loved the cameos as well on this weeks episode! Great fun. Oh a very small thing but the little sketches over the closing credits (that change every week I think) are excellent.

It isn't perfect.

- Titania has been disappointing as a "villain" Jameela Jamil is capable of being excellent (the good place).

- josh storyline very obvious

- It is a bit all over the place for want of a better word "bitty" it introduces characters, stories etc then they are gone, e.g. her family. I want more time with some of the supporting characters.

- Some of the CGI on she-hulk is still poor.

The hate and vitriolic hate at that, that the show has generated from some people is truly bizarre to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭RoTelly

This show is very weak.

If the writers are influenced by Ally McBeal (which hasn't aged well), The Practice and Boston Legal perhaps they should copy them as much as they can, but it comes no where close to any of those David E Kelley shows. Otherwise this is Grey's Anatomy of the Court Room Drama.

The Good Wife would also be a good starting point.

Each of these legal dramas have humour and comic moments.

That's just my take.

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

______

Yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,601 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Yeah, that's how I watched Moonknight... and when I started watching SheHulk there were already 5 episodes available which we got through in 1 evening...

then had to wait a week to watch episode 6 and at the start I couldn't remember anything for the first 5 minutes.... even with the recap...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I'm enjoying it, it's fine but like every Marvel show it could be so much better. It's like every show feels like a first draft. There so much room for this to be better, for example in this week's episode we have the guy who attacked her and not once does he explain why or who hired him, not once does she think to ask if he knows anything about the online group that hates her, it's just bizarre. Like if you want to do a one off episode where she meets some cameos and learns something about herself, that's great but having him there served no purpose narratively and it should have.

Post edited by FunLover18 on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Going to Re watch epiosde 3 of Andor. Hopefully that will wipe any memory of that latest episode. Waiting to see Daredevil at this Stage. It's just poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,559 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

It's a fun enough show but every episode is liking throwing a dart at a board and seeing what story this episode is about

Think Disney is going to massacre Daredevil - will be PG and instead of fighting lets go to counselling and talk about why you are so angry at the world

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I wouldn't be too surprised if the Daredevil cameo is quite short. I didn't see the promo material but I think people are expecting too much from it, especially given it's a soft reboot and not the Netflix version (did anyone seriously think it would be?). Plus it'd be a little in keeping with the show if they're deliberately trolling us for it.

The show itself is a mixed bag - bit too fluffy and held together (just about..) by Tatiana's performance. 'Ms. Marvel' was definitely stronger, had more substance to it and style. Disappointed overall but far from the hate watching some seem to love indulging in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭kerplun k

At this point, with 2 episodes left, I think peoples expectations around DD have been vaporised. Giving there's about 50 minutes left, and the way this show is written, there's no way we'll be getting any substantial content around the man without fear. As someone already pointed out, Disney should have kept this a secret, or at least, been upfront with his appearance being an end of season cameo.

The way it was handed here will have a negative effect on the upcoming Echo series. No way people will tune in for DD, giving what what was sold to them here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,951 ✭✭✭✭Penn

But what was sold to them? It was always known Daredevil would just be making an appearance, but he was never main or supporting cast.

People themselves (and the internet in general) overhype minor announcements or fan theories and then get disappointed when they don't happen. We saw a small clip of Daredevil meeting She-Hulk on the top of a parking garage or something. Anything more than that which we get of him is just a bonus imo.

I'm more surprised at how little we've seen of Bruce considering Mark Ruffalo was announced as main cast. I would have thought he'd at least be there for a few episodes for Jen to go to for advice, before he then goes off to Sakaar or wherever he's gone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Whatever about the violence, I wonder will Matt Murdoch's Catholicism remain intact. Methinks no, not least cos there won't be time to delve too far into it. But I'd hope the upcoming revival show does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

7: Vampires! 🙂 That was a bit of a .. i'm guessing intentionally.. confusing episode

Lots of potential baddies... then the baddie reveal at the end

and they've got her blood so gotta be more Hulks coming

She might go chasing down that website she was ignoring now.

I think a crossover episode between Matt Murdock and Jennifer Walters in court as Lawyers might have been a good starting point. I know neither are strictly Courtroom Dramas but it is the one thing that they have in common.

The Practice and Ally McBeal crossover was interesting because The Practice episode was played as a straight Drama (as much as the Practice could achieve) while the Ally McBeal episode was clearly more comic in tone. Again I mention both as they are courtroom dramas, which have a comic and serious tone.

______

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭kerplun k

They teased the crap out of him in the trailer with the build up, then ends with a Daredevil shot in full Daredevil costume. Giving that level of build up, there should have been at least one centric DD episode. I know there's 2 left, but even if he's introduced now, its too late in the game and will take some of the focus off She-Hulk. Anyhews, personally I'm disappointed how they handled it.

Doesnt it take more than Hulk blood, don’t they need certain genetics also?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I enjoy it as an easy going fun weekly watch and I for one am glad its just one episode a week. Nothing worse than a whole series all being released at once. So glad D+ do not do that.

I said however think this weeks episode was very poor. Worst episode of the series so far but at least there was an interesting reveal at the end.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Spoiler Alert...

Not the same person

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,951 ✭✭✭✭Penn

There was no mention or hint of him in the first trailer. There's a shot of him at the very end of the second trailer. And in the mid-season trailer there's a shot of him as Daredevil but also showing him as Matt talking to her at a bar. And there are still 2 episodes left in the show.

Sorry, but you're disappointed based on your own expectations rather than what they said would or wouldn't happen. That's not their fault.

Daredevil/Matt knows how difficult it is to balance the hero/lawyer mix. I think it was always likely he'd come in towards the end of the series, help Jen work out whatever she needs to work out (personally or professionally) to set things up for the final fight. If that's the second last episode, that makes perfect sense to me.

Funny reading through some of the comments, where they point to other female characters written by men,

You could also point to The Cast Of LA Law, Ally McBeal, The Practice, The Good Wife (Okay co-written by a woman), The Good Fight, The female lawyers in The Wire and Law and Order, and so on and so on,

The problem with She-Hulk they have built much of their schtick around the idea that all men think they are superiour to women, and that women are rarely represented as Lawyers on screen. (Both of which are untrue).

It is disappointing that She-hulk fell into man v woman discussion rather then producing a quality comedy, action, court room drama, superhero series.

Of course you then start to take the meme to seriously.

I do think that there are very few quality US comedies and largely the type of comedy written in She-hulk is of a similar vein, and while I don't think it is funny others seem to.

______

Yesterday

______

Yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,476 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

and that women are rarely represented as Lawyers on screen.

When have they done this?

Advertisement