Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

Yes, I've found this to be the case as well. Hard to know how to remedy it, since by the time the truck is visible to me (usually because he's flashing his lights at me!), it's too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

Well I don't know about the rest of you but my car is definitely having even more "Microsoft moments " since my update,front assist and 12v battery fault are the current favorites

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Which update? 2.3 or 2.4?

2.4 was supposed to give you a brand new 12V higher capacity battery, so you should definitely not be having any 12V issues if you got that new battery. If you did get that battery I'd raise your issues with the dealer.

I do notice I get front assist warnings sometimes in the morning for a few mins but it clears up quick enough. I suspect it just needs to demist the sensors etc and then it can activate.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

I had a few errors like that for a couple of days after the update but seems to have settled down - so typical "Microsoft moments" 😂.

It did scare the sh1te out of me yesterday by throwing down the anchors while reversing into my drive! I have now idea what it saw, the biggest obstacle was a kerb.

Turn off the auto hold will fix the phantom manuvering braking.

2.4 update.

Yes have shiny new 12v battery

• Advertisement

What 12V issues have you seen? Was your new 12V battery faulty?

Nah K ,nothing wrong with the battery,it's just the poxy software .

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

Thanks, hopefully it was a once off, I've gotten used to auto hold!

Pull down from top of screen ,there's a shortcut button.aboit the only f@#&ingbthing that's easy to find

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭VWPAT

Disabled auto hold after first few weeks. Creep works much better and no delay in takeoff.

• Advertisement

I turn the auto high beam off on the Motorway, it's irritating and it blinds people and it's always flashing the beam in different directions, the motorway really shows the limits of the tech, on other roads it's great.

As you say, the centre barrier is the issue as it blocks the on coming headlights.

Not just the limit of the matrix lights, I'd assume all auto high beam headlights are the same except for the flashing lights.

Turn off the auto high beam, this is what I do on the motorway, it's a lot better than blinding people.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

sorry for the silly question but when you get a replacement car when the update is happening - do you need to ring your insurer when you know the reg of the car or can you tell them the day before? never got a replacement car so no idea how it works. thanks.

Depends on your policy. If your policy lists PC12A in the T&Cs you don’t even need to ring them. Just sit in and drive on.

If you don’t have PC12A then you need to ring them with the reg and give a start and end date/time. Some also allow you do it via your online account.

PC12A is the best way though and is on some policies by default.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Surely all loaners are covered by the dealer insurance. Mine was, and they billed VW €35 for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,501 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Nope, I got this today. My insurance covers garage cars fir up to 30 days so didn’t need to do anything

The replacement car for tomorrow is: VW T-ROC TSI PETROL 1.L PETROL REG 222WW***

Value for insurance purpose: euro 35000

Please transfer your own car insurance to the above vehicle for the duration of the rental, we can do it from here when you collect the car, but it can take some time to get through to the insurance company by phone.

Please bring confirmation of the insurance transfer, copy of your insurance policy, and driver licence.

I got my insurance renewal quote from Allianz and they quoted me 510 Euro's, mad because I'm with them several years, got a quote devil and got it 100 Euro cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

In my experience the default with insurance companies is to add a good chunk each year and hope people don't notice. I am sure a few just pay whatever premium they get, sure it's only another €75 or whatever.

Unfortunately you almost always have to phone your Insurance company

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

Double check the exact benefits and excess on each policy Mad_Lad, with the likes of the Tour I’d rather specify an OEM windscreen replacement, turned out the cheaper insurance options cap the windscreen repair to €300 in my case and had zero no claims protection.

Drove to work yesterday, set off with 90% charge, drove 69 Kms had 73% left, GOM reporting 310 Kms remaining, 18.2 Kwh average.

It was very wet and I drove hard enough up the M9.

I'm driving the tour 5.

• Advertisement

I have no claims protection.

But good idea on the OEM windscreen.

Speaking of windscreen has anyone figured out how to get that fog off the inside of the windscreen ? it's insanely irritating having to wipe it every week or two.

Doesn’t happen in mine.

Do you leave the a/c on to remove moisture?

Or any chance you have a leak?

it shouldn’t really be fogging up alot.

No it's not moisture related, it's sort of a film that builds up and I have to clean it regularly. It was on it from new. It's noticeable in direct sun.

No I didn't phone them up, I just changed, their problem now they lost a long term customer lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

I thought I was going mad ! Cleaned it two weeks and the foggy film is back, it’s not moisture or humidity related- more like a haze that appears over time …

Yep, drives me insane because it's really bad when the Sun hits it. I remember People talking about it when they got their cars new, it was really severe when I got it, not as bad now but I've never had do clean a windscreen so much in my life and it's strange because when I clean it there's no dirt on the cloth.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Windscreens are often neglected and need to be cleaned somewhat regularly otherwise they get greasy. When I first cleaned the windscreen in my Born all I seemed to do was move the greasiness around, as I found out on my first night drive. Had to give it a second clean just to get it clear. There's a lot of off gas from manufacturing when new. Rear window in the previous car I was driving was basically white with glare when the sun hit it. Need to clean the Golf back window too.

I'm using cheap Auto Glym glass cleaner and a cheap interior cloth which I don't like so I need to buy better stuff. It does the job though. Spray on, wipe in with a cloth, buff off with a second clean waffle weave towel or microfiber. Mick's Garage have a corner sponge on a handle which I'll need to get in the lower portion of the windscreen. I definitely don't do it enough though.

Also depends on if you use AC or not. A lot of EV drivers like to drive with AC off or even the fans off completely. Let auto climate do its thing. I never had misty windows in the Golf with auto climate left alone, the system will recirculate air automatically if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Bioscaller

Same in ID4 and ID5.

In a nutshell - VW indicated you've got to use the AC more even in winter months, with the heater on. It seems to be too hot inside the car and when it meets the cold it forms condensation.

Cabin in an air re-circulation mode with front and rear vents facing up and a 21.5 temp adjustment and fans on level 1/2. You can speed up things by open the front windows slightly and close them once the fogging disappears.

I have also used a anti fog cleaner I bought from Amazon which I partially mixed with my glass cleaner and best to use it with newspaper to clean. Old Dealership trick to have the windows spotless.

So far things are going ok.

It's not fog from condensation I don't think because using the AC doesn't get rid of it at all, actually it's only when I wipe it with a clean cloth does it go away but it quickly comes back say after a week. I never experienced this before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭MRJ

I have a tour 5 also (2022) and the windscreen was filthy from the factory and is very hard to get clean. I tried several times to clean it.

Advertisement