Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

1787980818284»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lordleitrim

I see hoarding logos for the new Centra (advertising Frank & Honest coffee/deli etc)have been put up on the windows of the ground floor unit of the U Living apartments next to the station along with some construction activity. Might we expect a pre Christmas opening?

Also, they seem to be flying with the new apartments on the west side of the train station to be known as "Barnwell Point". Its like the ground floor of the first block appeared out of nowhere in the week since I was last there with the foundations well advanced on the other blocks. I believe they will rise to 7 storeys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Centra should be open by end of October, if the notice on the window is anything to go by. Said expected works will take 8 weeks from the end of august.

There is a rumoured supermarket to be on the bottom floor of the new apartment block on station road, closer to the ongar roundabout. Not heard what it is yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I thought a Dunnes was going in that area but it's a small footprint.

I'd be very surprised another Dunnes would open 5 minutes walk from the one in Ongar? Maybe a Tesco Express or small Supervalu might lease it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I thought the Dunnes was going in the bigger piece of land that's next to those apartments actually. The staff in Ongar have been told both will stay open (I have my doubts).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Sandhu1977

Hi Everyone, i am from Barnwell Grove and I have quarry regarding management fee. Does anyone else got hike. I used to pay 360 and now they send messages 400.

Do I have any option to reject or I have to pay them.

please Advise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Hi,

I am making the move to Barnwell, and have secured an Ash type 4 bedroom house. I would love to get the attic converted as soon as we move in. Has anybody done this recently and can you provide any guidance re firms to use, firms to avoid and costs?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

A lot of houses in Barnwell Park (most recent stage) have gotten this done. I haven't personally but if you take a drive around you will see all of the attic windows in the houses. Not sure regarding who to use.

There's a Hansfield residents Facebook group that you can join and get some advice there maybe. It's handy for getting info on local happenings and updates too. Welcome to the neighbourhood!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

Hi, Ash type 4 beds houses roof isn't that high so you may not be able to have a reasonable height bedroom. Please check your PM

• Advertisement
Advertisement