Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many Ukrainian refugees still in tents ?

Options
  • 02-10-2022 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

Was just reading the business post today, 'plans to build modular...' that the council will not give zoned land to modular homes for Ukranian's. Article doesn't seem to be online yet here's a related article

Bit shocked to be honest reading sbp. Does this mean the Ukranian's will be left in tents over Christmas.

I really don't think it's fair to leave families in tents over winter. Why not give zoned land to the modular homes and fast?

Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

The tent camp at Gormanston for Ukranian refugees is due to be closed this week.

I think they might have to end up giving zoned land away - but then that will have a knock on effect on the amount and delivery of anticipated homes on those public sites.

"The Business Post understands that one of the biggest issues holding up the modular housing for Ukrainian refugees is the fact that the Department of Housing insisted on excluding any land already identified for use for public housing in its Housing for All plan."

"However, the Business Post has learned that these projects are being paused and that the priority is now on putting in modular housing for Ukrainian refugees on sites in Cork city and Cavan town."

Good luck with that if they think there won't be similar protests.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mcsean2163

There's plenty of zoned areas all around Ireland with nothing happening on them. Hopefully they'll find somewhere fast. Re Gormanstown, good to hear kids won't be camping over winter. We don't have the climate for that type of carry on.

Post edited by mcsean2163 on

• Registered Users Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I don't understand why anyone would care if modular homes are near their houses, it's not like Ukrainian women and children are going to be out causing trouble. Wouldn't bother me in the slightest anyway, I'm glad we're helping out even if it's costing us. At least we're not in a warzone.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,524 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

We've had one thread on Ukrainian refugees closed, and the other one just focussed on Government policy

We are not having another

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement