Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 23 Ultimate Team Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Up to division 5 now. I had another really good run tonight and reeled off a nice amount of consecutive wins.

The gameplay so far this year suits me down to the ground. I'm not a skiller at all and have always preferred the slower, passing style. Hopefully it doesn't get too "skilly" once the patches start coming in and the power curve starts to take hold.

That said, I can't stress enough how helpful packing Neymar has been. He's single-handedly winning me games and is simply a cheat code having him this early into the game cycle.

I have enough points to attempt WL qualification but I think I'll hold off on that until midweek when it might be a little easier! Took me 3 or 4 weeks to qualify for WL last year so hoping to get into it earlier this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,679 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Some nice sales from overnight

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Anyone used Antony ? He's 70,000 I kinda want to try him but that price seems crazy and could go down surely very soon!?

• Administrators Posts: 53,762 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Running this now. Kaka is a loan obviously.

edit: and spina is obviously LB!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Have him myself, untradeable. He’s not really a good fit for my style of play but he was decent enough for all I used of him. I find Sterling so much better, but I don’t dribble an awful lot and rely mostly on pass and move.

Antony is probably great if you’re a skiller though. He’s hurt me a few times on the opposing side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just while I’m here, I’ll mention the players I find particularly good for me so far. As mentioned above, Sterling has been great, but Frenkie de Jong, Fabinho, Jordi Alba and Bernardo Silva all play so much better than their price suggests, in my experience.

Whereas I find the likes of Antony, Cancelo, Jota and Govou all a bit underwhelming given their price. Early days using Nkunku and Hakimi but they’ve been grand so far, can’t really call either of them good value given their prices though.

As for the cheaper players, Lemar is the standout. But Lucas Hernandez, Dumfries as a centre back and Kovacic are all solid bargains for starter teams.

The Kim Min Jae base card is incredible IMO for only 950 coins. Never feels underpowered in games.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm guessing Antony's price is a bit inflated due to the fact he's a new United player. I've faced him a few times without any issues though.

I've packed Eder Milato twice today. And both were untradeable :(

From the Daily SBC omg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Played few game's with Antony such fun player to play with literally tore the wing up but couldn't finish!

Got one goal out of him even though he was focal point of most attacks.

Could be just bad finishing with me !? Find Zaha exactly the same. In other news Malcia and James are brilliant RB and LBs especially James he is everywhere!!

• Advertisement

I don't blame you I legit feel guilty with my luck

Also for some real salt in the wound.....the console SBC page displayed this pack as tradeable even though it isn't, and usually when that happens compensation comes in the form of getting to keep the untradeables AND getting tradeable versions of them 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Just packed cristiano ronaldo. Untradeable. Anyone use him ?

Btw still fully recommend everyone's gets on the lazy buyer method, first year in ages I'm actually making coins from trading and I'm barely doing anything, TP stays at 100 and coins keep going up.

Give us a little peak at what's on the transfer pile? 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Yeah I packed him Thursday hes decent has about 12 in 9 for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Anyone using Marcos Llorente? Tempted but seems very steep at 70k.

It kinda does t matter, I just stick to pacy prem players 1-3k and then some bigger ones as I get more coins. Having a full TP also means you could have cards listed when SBCs with specific requirements come out like today all my Harvey Barnes sold because of that.

It's usually only a couple sales an hour but this was all from one cycle at 6pm today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Finally got around to doing all of the advanced SBCs - got Alisson, Robertson, Sterling, Klostermann, Bruno for my troubles. Probably more too, but those are the ones that made my team. Not bad going, trading has slowed down now. I’m at 650k coins and I think 800k transfer profit overall.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I have him.

Bought him at 56k during the market drop on Friday morning.

IMO he's the best gold B2B CM in the game at the moment.

Worth every coin for me.

what’s the view on the Kim Mae Jin SBC?

worth it?

Militao now up to 140k, Llorente 75k, Alaba 52k and Courtois 60k.

Getting to the stage now where I'll have to seriously consider selling them if they continue to rise this week ahead of WL this weekend, and then buy back cheaper at a later date.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Trading is going ok, bought a few Harvey Barnes for 850 and sold for 1700/1800 earlier. Have a good few dakas I bought cheap aswell so I'm up to 85k with about 50k+ in the trade pile :)

I packed a Gulasci on night 1 but cause of his price range, he just sat on my transfer pile. No one was paying 28k for him.

But I forgot to lower his price when his price range changed.

So, anyway, that's how I just got 27k for a player you can get for about a third that now 😂

How do you figure out what cards can be traded like this?

It works with every card that people want to purchase. Just stay away from completely undesirable cards like Greek League players and stuff like that and you're good.

A good baseline is to just stick to PL players with good pace (Fredericks, Daka, Barnes, James, Cornet)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Follow osmosis advice :) Barnes, daka and anyone else pacey in the prem :)

https://i.redd.it/yt6039u8pmr91.jpg

if you did the Newcomer or the Haaland SBC over the last few days, they were not marked as untradeable rewards despite being so. As such, they’re reissuing their packs accordingly 😂

• Advertisement

I love lazy buyers. Had avoided above discard cards before now, but he sold second cycle for me 😂

Advertisement