Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Punting , Providing Selections & Chatting Gibberish ; & I Intend To Do So On Hyah

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Sweet Talkin Romeo

Outside EW hopeful

8.30 Dundalk NO SAY EVER 40/1 EW,, is a winner on turf at this 1 1/2m trip,, flopped lto at the course on his first ever go on the AW,, he was beat about 2 1/2f's out when seemingly trying to make all,, interesting that he returns to the scene of the crime, and over a furlong further than when he finished 14th of 14 and beat over 20lgths,,

BOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😁😂😁

tomorrow 1st October

changeable weather = too hard for to take all factors into a/c

just looked at one big h'cap

Ascot: Going to soft-good in places

ground is gd to soft, so am basing my selections on those what have decent 7f form / in decent races / at the track etc , and with some 'juice in t'ground' form,, not really looking at anything with only soft ground winning form over the 7f trip..

Pen landed on these:

ESCOBAR 18/1 EW , EVER GIVEN 14/1 EW , SIR DANCEALOT 40/1 EW NAP , RHOSCOLYN 12s EW NB , SYMBOLIZE 7/1 EW , OO DE LALLY 20/1 EW & NEW KINGDOM 20/1 EW

a point ew did on all the above = 14pts

7 picks is more'n enuf to be going on with,, 5 places on offer - be happy to get a run for us money, and have one, at least, to look a likely winner at some stage; win be a bonus 🙂 😊 🤗

PLACE LAY POTENTIALS:

A few that are towards top of betting that i'll consider laying for 5, 6, 7 (whatever they go up to, starting from 5 places - mebbe 4 😃) places; whene'er t'market takes shape some time tomorrow,,

a bit tired, but i gave these three solid cases for 'not winning' , and reasonable claims for finishing down field:

FRESH 9/2 , RIVER NYMPH 15/2 , SAFE VOYAGE 6/1 ,, friendly enough prices if a wo/man wants to be against - which I do 😃

will give 'em a betterer luuk - perhaps - tomorrow, and likely i'll try place/s lay them at no bigger than 5/4 or so; so likely not be going 3-plce lay, or owt like that 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Not a bad track record, surely she's worth a nibble, right.

3.36 Ascot

PLACE LAY POTENTIALS:

A few that are towards top of betting that i'll consider laying for 5, 6, 7 (whatever they go up to, starting from 5 places - mebbe 4 😃) places; whene'er t'market takes shape some time tomorrow,,

a bit tired, but i gave these three solid cases for 'not winning' , and reasonable claims for finishing down field:

FRESH 9/2 , RIVER NYMPH 15/2 , SAFE VOYAGE 6/1 ,, friendly enough prices if a wo/man wants to be against - which I do 😃

will give 'em a betterer luuk - perhaps - tomorrow, and likely i'll try place/s lay them at no bigger than 5/4 or so; so likely not be going 3-plce lay, or owt like that 😊

ground is now good to soft - sft in places so have changed me mind on River Nymph - gone win on him,, Left Safe Voyage off, and gone small place lays on Fresh.. Fresh - lay for places 3/4/5 @ ~ 5/4 , ~ 6/5 & ~ evs . I don't think the close to soft ground will help the cause of Fresh to any great extent. He goes well at the course, does Fresh, on all sorts of ground, and an unlikely winner on ~soft i feel; tho can't be completely ruled out of places - is a very short as the current 7/2 fav

😃 j@utis has us convinced 😃 to back CICELY ~ 8/1 in Wolves 8,0c ; have gone WIN on Sylvester Kirk's 3-time CD winner,, shouldn't be far away, and goes well for the young app. Oliver Stammers(3)

Gl

A few that are towards top of betting that i'll consider laying for 5, 6, 7 (whatever they go up to, starting from 5 places - mebbe 4 😃) places; whene'er t'market takes shape some time tomorrow,,

a bit tired, but i gave these three solid cases for 'not winning' , and reasonable claims for finishing down field:

FRESH 9/2 , RIVER NYMPH 15/2 , SAFE VOYAGE 6/1 ,, friendly enough prices if a wo/man wants to be against - which I do 😃

will give 'em a betterer luuk - perhaps - tomorrow, and likely i'll try place/s lay them at no bigger than 5/4 or so; so likely not be going 3-plce lay, or owt like that 😊

Gl

EDIT : don't know what happened there - me quoted part i accidentally quoted twice :(

Post edited by Sweet Talkin Romeo on

Pen landed on these:

ESCOBAR 18/1 EW , EVER GIVEN 14/1 EW , SIR DANCEALOT 40/1 EW NAP , RHOSCOLYN 12s EW NB , SYMBOLIZE 7/1 EW , OO DE LALLY 20/1 EW & NEW KINGDOM 20/1 EW

😁😁

Winna Winna ESCOBAR !!

And SIR DANCEALOT justifies the/me multiple picks by coming 5th!! YAY 😁

STR

• Advertisement

8.30 Wolves

The enigmatic HY EALES 25/1 EW is capable of a bold showing (at some stage 😃) will hope it's today 😊

think the top two in betting - Midnight Train ~5/2 & Salonica ~10/3 - are vulnerable; 3/4 plce-lay consideration on those two,,

will also do CARACRISTI 11/1 WIN here; has a poor draw in box eight, for a frontrunner/prominently racing type, but, one never knows !!

gl

😃 j@utis has us convinced 😃 to back CICELY ~ 8/1 in Wolves 8,0c ; have gone WIN on Sylvester Kirk's 3-time CD winner,, shouldn't be far away, and goes well for the young app. Oliver Stammers(3)

We never had a chance with @CICELY - draw did for her, alas; but at least we got 'Value' @j@utis 😋

a good pick j@utis - tough to win em all 🙂

8.30 Wolves

The enigmatic HY EALES 25/1 EW is capable of a bold showing (at some stage 😃) will hope it's today 😊

think the top two in betting - Midnight Train ~5/2 & Salonica ~10/3 - are vulnerable; 3/4 plce-lay consideration on those two,,

will also do CARACRISTI 11/1 WIN here; has a poor draw in box eight, for a frontrunner/prominently racing type, but, one never knows !!

gl

No joy there ;( Hy Eales broke well, but was keengoing most of way - got caught on heels, or summat, approaching bend, and that put paid to whate'er chances she had 😓

dat's racing 🙂

5.55 W'ton

MADAME FENELLA ~ 10s EW. Madame Fenella has a tendency to be slow away, but the fact that she's drawn low in box 1 might mitigate against that. She was fancied to go well the last time she ran over CD, which was three runs back, and she only managed to come 7th then. She's only won once from 13 starts, and that was at Kempton on the Standard/Slow going over 6fs. Not without claims here, and she wasn't beat too far that day over CD in August, and came a good 2nd the time before that, also over the minimum trip, which was at Chelmsford.

Looks as tho' she can win here over 5fs. Am thinking that possibly Mick's Spirit (2) will try and lead, as is oft his wont, with a favourable draw. Hoping the selection don't dwell from the boxes, gets settled on the rails, and not too far behind the leader/s. Not a lot too hope for eh 😋

I see a fav of @j@utis' , Porfin , also goes, but i'm thinking that Phil Mc Entee's 5-y-o wants 6fs.

will also do MADAME FENELLA in an EW double with RED BOND ~4/1(also go win single on that one) in the opener at the course, the 4.46

gl

Post edited by Sweet Talkin Romeo on

6.30 Wolverhampton

tricky race this - in the way it might pan out; seems to be a few hold-up horses here, so things might get congested late on in the piece,,

to that end, Laurentia (1) ~ 7/4 fav could be vulnerable; is drawn low in box one, and most of her wins have come from off the pace, barring one at Lingfield over 10fs.. am thinking she's good for 3/4 plce-lays if at a similar price tomorrow.. May well be that she'll be close to t'pace and run a cracker - but atm am thinking she be vulnerable,, no real market until close to race-time, so plenty of time to ponder the race a bit more,,

for no particular reason, pen landed on three; and will go small stakes:

DEFILADE 10/1 1/2pt EW , BROUGHTON'S FLARE 12/1 1/2pt EW , JASTAR 33/1 1/2pt EW ,, Jastar don't look obvious, but the step-up in trip may help here

gl

• Advertisement

Porfin hasn't come up in my alerts lately for the reasons unknown...

But I see Showman is running in the opener and I like his chances quite a lot if he's to repeat his mighty Kempton performance.

Porfin hasn't come up in my alerts lately for the reasons unknown...

hhmm; don't know how those alerts work - could be a CT involving factions various 😃

he's a bit higher than last winning mark, is Porfin; goes well at the course in December anyhoo, with two wins in that period,, could be running over the minimum to get his price up for 'Another Day' ,, hard to completely rule him out for laterer on today, obvs, but unlikely the minimum trip in a Class5 will see him to best effect, i be thinkin' , missus :D

good luck with your picks anyroad j@utiseeeee 😃

I saw it, meh, Showman for me. FYI according to my records, I've never backed the mentioned Porfin, that's doing my head in now.

Stick to your own guns - the only way in this game 😊

7.30 Wolverhampton

in hope ~7/4 favourite Secret Moment flops, will chance a bunch here at fair prices,,

1/2pt win & 1/2pt ew on the four

ROCK MELODY 9/1 , GAVI DI GAVI 20/1 , FREEDOM AND WHEAT 11/1 , CHOOKIE DUNEDIN 16/1

'nd that's enuf degeneracy 4 1day 😃😆

g'luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Konny Rool

5.32 Windsor KIRILENKO 5/1 WIN

fair price in open race - hard to see her not go close for Stouty and Kingscotey

4.57 Wdr

Outside EW hopeful

8.30 Dundalk NO SAY EVER 40/1 EW,, is a winner on turf at this 1 1/2m trip,, flopped lto at the course on his first ever go on the AW,, he was beat about 2 1/2f's out when seemingly trying to make all,, interesting that he returns to the scene of the crime, and over a furlong further than when he finished 14th of 14 and beat over 20lgths,,

WD! @Sweet Talkin Romeo with ur 50/1 winner 😁 reet good spot that,,,

That offspring of No Nay Never managed to win at a trip; normally i consider them ~6f horsies meself..

The 4.57, as mentioned above, looks v competitive; and there be four horsies trading at 9/2 or shorter. One of those is BLOOMWITHGRACE ~2/1 2nd/joint fav; this one is by No Nay Never, and i be thinking Tom Dascombe's filly may be vulnerable at the trip here. The other three at top of betting all appear to hold live claims i feel.

Bloomwithgrace come third at Newbury over seven on her one and only run so far. Am hoping she won't stay here, and that the other three, at least, at top of betting can finish in front of her.

On flipside, the Dam's Sire is by Galileo, so there be staying pedigree there.

Anyroad, me hoping to lay Bloomwithgrace for three places @ ~1/2 & 4 places @ ~ 1/5

Pontefract - Good to soft-soft in places

REACH 6/1 WIN NAP should like trip and going

SCOTTISH WIND WIN 10/1 similar to the above - mebbe not as good as the above, but is a lightly raced 4-y-o

am not overly enamoured with prospects of 2nd/joint 2nd fav Aegis Power ~ 11/2, who looks like a 10f horse to me, tho there's a lot of guesswork involved in a race like this, and Balding's 3-y-o gelding is by far the most experienced of this bunch (on the flat anyhow) with 7 runs to his name - yet to win tho, so that's good :)

chance a rev f'cast too

Of course, if Johnny G's ~2/5 jolly Sobegrand justifies her cramped odds, then me'll lose all t'above bets; but, jolly is by Decorated Knight, so not sure a mile & half on soft/softish ground will be entirely suitable for Sobegrand; altho she did come 2nd over just a furlong shorter at Kempton on her first outing. That was an AW track tho' , plus race was ran in slowish time, and there were only the five runners.

Either way, this fav looks waaayy too short, esp given the obvious/reasonable claims of the two others mentioned above.

Will go lay on Sobegrand @ ~1/2 ,, and chance putting up two place lay @ ~ 1/5 & 3 place lay @ ~ 1/10

if yer not in ya cannae win 😋

Rock Melody is in my notebook, I'll have a look at it later.

Damn, I missed the price on Showman, I should've back him last night @2/1.

• Pontefract - Good to soft-soft in places
    • REACH 6/1 WIN NAP should like trip and going
    • SCOTTISH WIND WIN 10/1 similar to the above - mebbe not as good as the above, but is a lightly raced 4-y-o
    • am not overly enamoured with prospects of 2nd/joint 2nd fav Aegis Power ~ 11/2, who looks like a 10f horse to me, tho there's a lot of guesswork involved in a race like this, and Balding's 3-y-o gelding is by far the most experienced of this bunch (on the flat anyhow) with 7 runs to his name - yet to win tho, so that's good :)
    • chance a rev f'cast too
    • Of course, if Johnny G's ~2/5 jolly Sobegrand justifies her cramped odds, then me'll lose all t'above bets; but, jolly is by Decorated Knight, so not sure a mile & half on soft/softish ground will be entirely suitable for Sobegrand; altho she did come 2nd over just a furlong shorter at Kempton on her first outing. That was an AW track tho' , plus race was ran in slowish time, and there were only the five runners.
    • Either way, this fav looks waaayy too short, esp given the obvious/reasonable claims of the two others mentioned above.
    • Will go lay on Sobegrand @ ~1/2 ,, and chance putting up two place lay @ ~ 1/5 & 3 place lay @ ~ 1/10
    • if yer not in ya cannae win 😋
    • g'luck :)

WD , WFD @KonnyRool ; ya gots a huuuge Nap there AAAAAAANNND 'ya got the fav well beat' an' all !

STELLAR m8 :) :)

• Advertisement

Well, that worked out not too bad, I mean not backing him, but let's see where he goes next.

in 7:30 I can't decide in between Rock Melody and Chookie Dunedin.

ya were reet to keep your powda dry on @Showman - obvious chances IF ya fancied; but, yeah, well short @ 11/8

One reason why me try no get too fixated on short price pokes is cos i oft end up backin' em regardless, even if i feels they be 30/40 sometimes % points too short; let alone any value 😓😅😓

nd @ROUNDHAY PARK wins @ Ponty 4.50 @ 20s grrr! - many's t'time i backed him, nd a few times he were 'pagejumper' an' all- not today alas :(

Still, i didn't do too many today, as was wary of going overall; gd to sft-sft in plcs was going last night when me studied; improved to good to soft since then 😒

5.32 Windsor KIRILENKO 5/1 WIN

fair price in open race - hard to see her not go close for Stouty and Kingscotey

too good Konny, TOO good !! Wins in headbobber - savage picking m8 :)

i took credit for ur earlier Nap elsewhere KR, on t'other thread - figured u wasn't aroond :D

Porfin ran well - third at 12s

tough race that 7.30 Wolves j@u - i'd back 'em both if i was torn 🙂

😁

7.30 Wolverhampton

in hope ~7/4 favourite Secret Moment flops, will chance a bunch here at fair prices,,

1/2pt win & 1/2pt ew on the four

ROCK MELODY 9/1 , GAVI DI GAVI 20/1 , FREEDOM AND WHEAT 11/1 , CHOOKIE DUNEDIN 16/1

'nd that's enuf degeneracy 4 1day 😃😆

Gavi Di Gavi WINS in a d/h with Jilly Cooper - we'll mos' def tek it 😁

looked about 1/8 that Jilly Cooper just shaded it on the 'bob' , for the outright victory

When yer luck's in ! 😁

Tues 4th October

7,30 Southwell

A big field for this Class6 ~5f sprint, with 13 due to go to post; don't know how it pans out, but they all can't lead 🤣. Decided to go for big/reaonably priced (value?) ones here, cos i can't get an angle on it.

All of them have claims/claims of sorts on form

1/2Pt EW on them all ; 1/5 4 Places

THE TRON 7/1 , JUNGLE BEE 12/1 , GOOD TO GO 33/1

gl

2.35 Leicester

Power Of Gold ~10/11 fav

2-y-o by Golden horn,, he came 2nd on his fto run at Ayr over a similar/almost identical (1m at Ayr, 1m. 53yds. is distance tomorrow) trip.

the extra few yards should help, but i've a feeling he'll be better over further when he gets older, as the sire seems to produce middle-distance ones..

am going on my opinion that his latest showing is as good as he is over a mile, and that something will come out of pack and beat him tomorrow,,

reckon he's about a 5/4 shot me; not a strong fancy, but have gone lay @ ~evs ; may go in again if he sees major support (i doubt it though) between now and race-time, as there's a few big stables represented here.. evs is as high as i'd want to be offering up tho 🤣

😁

too good Konny, TOO good !! Wins in headbobber - savage picking m8 :)

i took credit for ur earlier Nap elsewhere KR, on t'other thread - figured u wasn't aroond :D

oh aye , v good @STR - i saw that a'ight, fair play, 's'all good ☺️

not bad, if i do say so meself. Two good winnas there 😁

am fancying sfa for the two days upcoming - hard to study when the ground is an unknown factor atb un/equal :(

• Advertisement

I see what ur seein' re Power Of Gold @Sweet ,,, a few big stables represented, like you said; that lay on that fav aint exactly screaming out to be done, as possibly the newcomers mayn't like #conditions that much

that said, as far as the #unknown/s re the weather/ground conditions r concerned; should there be a lot of rain o'er in Blighty, then, well,,,

,,,, to that end, my thoughts on that race:

Leicester: Good-good to firm in places

2.35 L

could well bucket down over there, just like here; doubt there be no soft in description come #racetime 2nd r third race,,,, #if it does get 'juicy' , then we might get good to sft in advance o' proceedings, or good-good to soft in places..

Me, i'm taking the view/a punt that the ground will be soft or worser (pure guess - just cos it's raining here, it don't mean it'll be raining there)

anyway,, STAMFORD BLUE 28/1 EW is having his third ever run, upped in trip 2fs from lto, but, crucially, being by Fast Company, Hannon's colt will like cut in ground - i'm as sure as i can be aboot that, so he's worth a half-speculative go i feel..

now, onto ur pick Sweet, ur Power Of Gold 'lay' ; looks about right to give even money on him, and that's if going remains unaltered,, possibly might be Soft, or Heavy going even, so i might chance laying Power Of Gold meself for t'win.. altho, his experience/quality may see him go well should conditions be squishy underfoot.. Think the Galileo and Churchill newcomers should like soft meself, as well as Hannon's should.. a tricky one; don't know much about Golden Horn's re preferred going, tho i see wat ya mean as regards being suited, perhaps to a mile two, mile & a half type trips..

put up some prospective place lays on Power Of Gold - 2, 3 & 4 plce-lays @ ~ 2/5 , 1/5 & 1/6 or there'bout .. hope for a bog over there to dampen place claims, a tad, of the jolly

that's all 4m me

good luck all :)

Advertisement