Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Butson

Sick of the sight and sound of Hearn at this stage - the man is a walking liar and contradicts himself every two mins.

He doesn't want this fight, end of. Fury beats AJ easily and his stock is finished. 3 defeats in a row. Easier build him back up with a few gimme fights and gets PPV revenue in for Dazn.

Total joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,633 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Usyk now saying a trilogy fight with AJ if the Fury fight with him (Usyk) can't be made....

I think I'd fall asleep watching another 12 rds of these two

• Registered Users Posts: 20,754 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I see as of a hour ago Simon Jordan who you've quoted and Garth A Davis both reckon the hold up is matchroom & 258 they don't want the fight and know if they stall Fury has to move on,

Its the only thing that makes sense, at this point

Good for them. And I don’t disagree. It could well be them.

here’s the thing. And people, in their rush to “defend” Fury haven’t realised. I never said Hearn/AJ want this. They may well not.

The main issue I saw, as did several others, Jordan and Warren included, was Fury making this the Fury show. Something bellend Bellew also says.

Looking at it completely objectively: Fury went about this wrong. He pretty much wanted this all about him. Why not just let the teams discuss and negotiate.

Because of how he has behaved the past few weeks, this has led to some thinking he never really wanted the fight (nothing to do with fear, btw.) For me, if he really wanted it, he shouldn’t have at all been so OTT and belligerent about it..

so, I have no issue with anyone saying Hearn and AJ don’t want it. I never said they did. I simply came at it from Fury’s input and take of it.

Anyway, it's been done to death. No idea why you're still dragging it out.

It is the Fury show ,

Why wouldn't be he is the undefeated champion ,

He is the one that picked a 2 wins in his last 5 opponent so of course its the Fury show ,

Fury went about it wrong is a laughable comment , He doesn't want to be AJ's friend , was he to mean to AJ ahh bless him ,

Fury called out Wlad on social media, called out Wilder on social media i suppose he didn't want them fights either,

Just sad that AJ's team are bottling it now after all the talk over the years

J ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Not going to happen i reckon. Fury has always been this way since calling out haye all them years ago. Hear n will drag it out knowing fury will have to move on and blame him then saying he didn't really want it. Bellew who would leave aj do what he wants with him is embarrassing, such an unlikable man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

This is the fury show,eddies and ajs egos taking a hit and want to dictate, they both know aj will have his third loss in a row so stalling until the inevitable fur has to walk away. Plain to see, only aj and hearn lovers see different. Funny seeing it play out like i know it would.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,376 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well I doubt AJ wants the fight. He doesn't want another loss right now. He wants a couple of handy wins and then have a big money title shot from a position of strength.

I don't think Fury wants it either with the crap he's been talking. It's like he's trying to get AJ to turn it down.

Fury always talks like this nothing new, why wouldn't fury want it? Dont get anybody saying he doesn't want it. Hes done everything possible to make the fight including a very generous split to a guy who lost his last 2 fights. Normally he doesn't have people acting the bollix with contracts so doesn't have to give deadlines. Look at how 3 fights he made with wilder, don't think any news story on contracts as it was done and signed without issue. Hearn on about ajs image rights now after fury agreed to all his other stuff. Plain to see Hearn doesnt want this to happen.

Why would Fury be abusing AJ if he wants him to sign a contract, he's giving him an easy way out.

I don't think either of them want it now. They know the money will still be there in a few years and it'll be even bigger if AJ somehow finds his way back to holding a belt.

• Advertisement

How you make out it will be bigger in a few years i dont know. Fury abuses everybody, aj isnt a special case. Its fury's mindgames. Nothing suggest fury doesn't want the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,331 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

the fight wont happen in a few years realistically, if fury beats Usyk and wins undisputed i cant imagine he would fight AJ and give him the chance to win all the belts he will probably walk away undefeated and live his life

But saying that it wouldnt surprise me to see fury throw away all the belts just to fight him lol hes so unpredictable, he lives his life like one of his fights, nobody knows what is coming next

3 times this fight has been close to coming together but didn't happen for one reason or another

The internet isn’t for everyone

I reckon they’ll fight in 2023… but situations can change things. AJ has pretty much had his losses now. He can’t really afford more slip ups. And Fury, if he meets Usyk in the next 3-6 months: well, if Usyk upsets the apple cart, I reckon folks won’t care too much about AJ-Fury.

boxing really is a shitshow

Post edited by walshb on

AJ and Fury are considered the two best British heavyweights probably ever by today's boxing fans so a fight between them will be a huge seller no matter when it happens. I think it's an easy fight for Fury. I can't see Usyk wanting any part of Fury either. He has no hope of getting near Tyson, Tyson is too smart and too good for a man with his height and reach to be troubled by a small man like Usyk.

Only guy I'd say Tyson wants to avoid is Joyce who is tall enough, busy enough and jabs well enough to give Tyson problems.

AJ wants to get back to winning ways and get a belt before he faces Fury.Two reasons for that which are more money and some belief going into the fight. I'd guess his confidence is low right now and it's very possible that he doesn't believe he can beat Fury. I don't think he'll ever beat Tyson but he needs to believe he can before he gets in the ring with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Jaysus not many of them will have watched Lewis then. Even Bruno might be ahead of Joshua. Joyce too and that’s right now.

joyce isn’t really much of a fight for Fury there’s little reward there. I think he’d beat him though like fury would demolish Parker.

agree with your point on Joshua. He will fight twice then hope belts have been broken up so he can go for a title. If not then he might go for Fury/Usyk for undispu

AJ will avoid Fury and the avoid Wilder

I reckon next big fight for AJ will be Joyce hell think he can beat him

If i was fury, id come out and say im in training for aj fight, sign it when ye want lads. See what hearn does then. Im sure some issue he would create anyway , ajs commercial deals is the latest one.

The issue is Fury knows he needs a run out before the Usyk fight,

In a perfect world he should do what he UFC do & have an alternative someone easy like Charr who could step in on very short notice but the problem with boxing is they don't do "cards" they do a main event's so you can't sell it without knowing what the main event will be,

What is all the panic here with Fury?

He was retired a few weeks ago.....just relax, let the few days pass and let the teams trash it out, and then move on.....Lot comments online wondering if Fury's back on the sniff with the way he's been goin on the past few weeks...Hyper overload.

Chisora trilogy been thrown about n all......

And why would a 6 feet 9 270 lbs Fury need any warmup to beat a blown up middleweight.....?

Only 2 months out now ,surely you can see the rush, IF it falls through they need to then start the process all over again with someone else who will now demand more as they know its getting desperate ,

Also these guys are World champions with Ego's well one is now,, Fury is giving AJ a chance doesn't currently deserve a lifeline in the division he does not want it to come across as AJ has control of the situation which is exactly how Hearn is trying to play this,

A lot of the boxing world is turning on AJ & Hearn the more it drags out its becoming clear the issues is on there side,

Of course Fury needs a warm up he is not stupid, Do you believe everything boxer's say ?

Do you think Ali could turn off the light & be in bed before it got dark , Did you think Mike was going to eat Lewis children or is it just Fury that you take everything he says as Gospel ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

he said he wants to fight in december, thats what the panic is, it would be better for all concerned if Hearn / Joshua just came out and said they dont want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Butson

I would think AJ wants it, Hearn doesn't.

Time to move on.

Looking forward to seeing Wilder in action next week.

Nonsense to suggest Fury, who is a very natural fighter, and loaded with confidence would need a tune up to fight Usyk

I'd understand if he was out of the ring 2-3 years....absolute nonsense to suggest he needs a warm up here. FFS...He only fought a few months ago....

A training camp is pretty much all he, and Usyk need....they are career veterans at this stage; best in the world. Even if they meet March next year.....neither need warm ups! Get in the fook and fight.

AJ and Usyk 1 was 2021, and 11 months later they fought again.....neither man needed/had a war up.

He fought back in April & it'll be close to a year until he fights Usyk

Usyk strength is his mobility, The one thing Fury needs is to be sharp, & his timing on point,

You can spar all you want , train all you want but you need to be in the ring to get your timing & sharpness on point, Makes it more important when you can blow up like Fury can between fights,

Strangely its not the actually fight its self that is important its the knowledge that you need it be ready for a fight, It makes them 8 or 9 weeks of training mean so much more, its makes everything way more intense & everything you do becomes sharper , cleaner, that happens even a lowest level we would have done back in the day ,

Yes you can train hard without a fight but its not the same , when you have a fight you know your not putting yourself on the line everything chances ,Fury needs them 8 or 9 weeks on top of the 8 or 9 he gets for Usyk

Gas, you're the big Fury fan, and it's me arguing more so for him to be more than capable of stepping up to fight and be competitive v Usyk...

Your posting here seems to almost downgrade Fury's capabilities and talents, by suggesting he needs a warm up before tackling Usyk. You also heavily favor him v Usyk? Do you favor him heavily if they both fight each other next?

I am not saying warms ups aren't ever ideal. I am saying that to suggest it is needed, has to happen here for Fury is nonsense.

And, a warm up against who? Charr? Chisora? He'd get better prep in the gym sparring than against these cans!

Fury is a HW who is just good to go.....that is why he is number 1, or up there as number 1.

I'm a big fan of both fighters ,

One thing iv said on here for years to you even back when Fury fought Wlad is people overlook how clever Fury is ,

He knows the game inside out , he knows exactly where his strengths & more importantly weakness are &

Fury knows Usyk best chance of victory is if Fury is not sharp & his timing is off, He knew from the second AJ got beat he needed another fight this year because of this, If it was AJ he'd wait till spring

I think Fury has all the tools to beat Usyk & favour him but i also think if Fury is active he makes it easier for himself,

For example against Wilder actively wouldn't have helped Fury , he was better off having time off to recover because he knew he'd take some big shots & he knew taking no damage for a longer period would help him,

Its all about being smart & preparing for fighters accordingly

Well, a tune up or more can benefit, or it can hinder. Depends......it's not always a good thing,..cuts, injuries, a loss, a tough grueling battle etc....

Anyway, on this, and on Fury: The man is good to go. He can beat Usyk today, tomorrow, next week, next month or next year with or without a fight in between.

Usyk, the same: good to go. Both are veterans at this stage , with plenty miles on the clock....so, maybe more miles added (before they rumble) isn't such a good idea.

Post edited by walshb on

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I Said last week that it looked like neither Fury nor AJ didn't wanted the fight and Fury was always lining up Charr. Now a week later I think I was wrong, AJ's team clearly don't want it or they'd have signed by now. Time for Fury to move on if he wants a December fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,331 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

15:54 for fury v aj

sounds like Hearn and co are taking instruction from fury on his instagram rather than dealing with George Warren and the legal team and getting the contract signed which sounds bizarre

The internet isn’t for everyone

Advertisement