Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW9 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Lucky there wasn't another 5 mins - you might have ended up on 0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Anyone able to confirm if an FPL players team is at 2.7million OR at this stage of the season, is there season over?

Asking for a friend…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭crushproof

I captained TAA this weekend.

Going to hide for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I’d imagine it’s less over than my ‘friends’ 3.7m rank!

I think looking at this GW, even if you captain Haaland it's probably not done lot for you. Obv if you haven't then you are in for a world of pain. But in a way, it takes the luck of captain choice getting you up the ranks, and instead it's how good you are for picking other players etc.

Despite having Haaland captain and KdB, and scoring 76 (-4) my rank is only +90k from the start of the GW with Ward to play, so I could very easily fall in rank this GW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

He's broken the game.

Essentially, you now have to have balls of steel, and get insanely lucky, to make a success of captaining someone else.

The game has been verging on broken for a few years because of a combination of dominant teams, as well as content creators basically meaning everyone has close to template teams.

But Haaland, from now on, unless he gets injured or has an unforeseen drop in form, has made captaincy completely obsolete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

That's because the majority have similar teams, and they pretty much all have the same captain.

You're essentially picking about 3 or 4 players.

I don't think teams are as template as you imagine. I think there might only be 4/5 players of starting 11 that are in everyone teams, and then it's all over the shop in terms of players, Haaland, Cancelo, Jesus, Trippier and maybe Martinelli are probably in a lot of teams, but then who else would you say is in the majority of teams?

KdB is in less than 30% of teams in the top 10k, likewise Kane is very small ownership given his returns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Sinisterra sent off.

• Advertisement

Coutinho post from a Bailey cross

Bailey booked and then subbed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

Rodrigo subbed off

FT 0-0

Haaland, Martinelli, Jesus, Trent, Cancelo, Trippier/Pope, Salah and James are in the vast majority of teams.

There's room for ingenuity in mid-price mids, and if you get the right mid price forward at the right time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,148 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Finally a very good GW. 85 with Maddison to play. Still it's only a GW rank of around a million.

To think I was going to captain Jesus over Haaland, christ!

I think your being generous on the TAA and salah ownership - I reckon they would be in at most 30%.

Even in say the LMS - random selection of 30 odd teams and Jesus ownership is at less than 40%.

Edit: had chance to look for ownership stats: Live FPL

Nearly twice as many players own Trippier than TAA over all ranks, Salah is a little higher than I would have thought up at the elite levels. But vast majority to me means more than 60% which is probably 5 players, granted the stats are EO, but gives a decent look through teams at different ranks. Despite form KdB/Kane ownership are very low.

Post edited by Ace2007 on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

56 with Maddison to go after WC, getting Salah in for KDB really stings. Meant I captained Salah as well, bad week to make that mistake, down over 1 million places so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

71 with Maddison & Ward to go, hoping Rogers has sorted them out defensively over the international break but Wards confidence seems shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

I would suggest that if he has sorted them defensively the first thing he would have done is drop Ward!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

I hope so! I brought Iversen in on the WC and I've Guaita coming off the bench this week otherwise with 1 point, he would be a massive differential if he starts and somehow keeps a CS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

I have Meslier with 11 on the bench if ward is dropped,

But word on the street is he plays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Ward starts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭shmeee

Forest hit post against run of play

Maddison goal

Barnes goal (Vardy)

So just 2 or 3 more now please to cover the Haaland captain. Was she going in?

Barnes goal!!!

• Advertisement

Klopp be in dream land with both Banes and Maddison

Advertisement