Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Bioscaller

I dont man. It aas the same with me and I played around a lot with vents, aircon, temperature, re-circulation and glass cleaning products. I was under the impression its a humidity issue that leads to slight condensation over time. I wiped the whole windscreen in the beginning with a tissue and it felt slightly wet. Its annoying but the ID4 doesn't seem to be as bad as the ID3 when looking at my mates car.

His ID3 is pretty much like the one in the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

It’s a very distinctive haze, the one in the photo is moisture related because you can see where the blower has cleared it.

Nice sunny day today, it’s always there unless wiped-no humidity in the car at all.

First world problems, I also thought the light switch gear could have done with moving to the right of the steering but after having the Id4 you can’t see the switch gear when it’s on the right.

I better not say anymore before posting a picture.

No definitely not the same issue, in the above pic it's moisture, I don't get this issue, it's more of a haze, not dirt but it goes away when wiped with a clean cloth and the cloth is clean after, lets put it this way, I've never wiped a windscreen as much in my life as I have this id3 tour 5.

If AC is on at all then the windscreen should never mist up like that, it never does on mine.

Yes when the sun hits the windscreen it can be quite bad and almost dangerous depending when it was last wiped down. It's really frustrating. When I got the car first it was absolutely horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

I have that persistent screen haze too, really noticeable on sunny days. They need a good clean every couple of weeks, even with aircon on auto, but it always comes back. Even worse, if the windscreen fogs up, what looks like someone's name ('Jelic') is revealed. No amount of cleaning will remove its - like they used a candle to write it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Old diesel

This clearing the windscreen thing is very frustrating.

The 28 kwh Ioniq does a great job of keeping the windscreen clear.

Climate control and related features for the win on that car.

I did have the Cupra Born on my list to replace the aforementioned Ioniq next summer but issues keeping windscreen clear would be a deal breaker.

Every car I've owned in recent times has that. My current Leon certainly does. It's caused by the dirt from your lungs in my opinion

The Seat lads won’t be happy with that ))

Don’t let it put you off, it’s defo not fogging up, just a film build up over time, wipes off easy with no streaks so far - The Zoe was shocking for fogging- if you could get a 77kw Seat it would be a fine car - To be fair I can’t fault the id3 on much, pulls like a train, well spec’d and incredible range on the Tours -

The charge timer is a pain but it needs 11hrs to charge anyway so has to be plugged in before the night rate anyway.

VW have really killed off the id3 with the DX model, once the old stock of business and tours ect are gone your paying €40,587 for a below spec car compared to what we are used to. The new Megan pricing for only a 40kwh battery is crazy, you’d be lucky to get 180km in winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Old diesel

I got the impression from a VW salesman in August that VW are meant to update the range around Oct/November.

He advised me to come back in November.

Could have had an ID3 straight off the lot back then but it was a Family.

That car (a cancelled order) took 7 months to come from when it was ordered incidentally.

At 40 k the Cupra is a nicer product.

Was specifically talking to the salesman because if 33 k euro a pop ID3s were a thing again then id look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

• Advertisement

If you could get the Seat for 40k it’s a no brainer, the family is now €44,862, used to be €39,373 !, without metallic or upping the spec on the wheels- that puts it 5k over the born- whilst the matrix set up was a deal breaker for me at €5k it wouldn’t be worth the price difference, not by a long shot - it will be a long time before id3’s hit 33k - anyone who bought before the energy ‘crisis’ or the new wave of ev people are in positive equity ..or if you have an ev trade in ..

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭baby fish

Cupra born 58 is now just over 44k, was around 40, I asked a dealer on Saturday for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

They must be 2023 prices, I got one on Thursday for 42k with 1200 of extras.

Just double checked what I wrote down, just over 44500 actually is price I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

It's €40,820 now up from €38,160 on their updated pricelist and that still includes the service pack (4 tyres, brake fluid, front brake pads, cabin filter and wipers). Their prices also seem to exclude VRT relief as my car was €2k less than what I was quoted as it isn't calculated until the car is being delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

That's inflation for you.

Were there many extras on it for 44500? And I assume it's for 2023 at this stage?

I did say the price on website is 40820 and he said the price has now gone up, there was only few hundred of extras, not that much at all... Maybe he made a mistake but that's the price he gave me...probably better discuss this on the Cupra Born thread, better keep this thread for ID.3 - so I'll leave it here

Thanks baby fish, the price increase does change the state of play with the family id3 v Seat , family has the nice pan roof but sadly no travel assist - I did consider one but at the time it’s was only 2k more for the T5 which was better spec’d and negated the need to use public charging (thanks Mad_Lad) - the born forum is probably the place all right for the other stuff, not that you’d get scolded here for going off thread ))

Well now anyone reading that might be put off, you'll only need to plug in that long if the battery is ran completely down. It will be rare if ever, that any tour 5 owner would have to plug in every day. Most long distance commuters will only charge 4-5 hrs a night with rare exceptions of course. A full charge in a tour 5 might even last a week or two for many.

That's shocking, I paid 41k for id3 Tour 5, no way I'd pay that for 58 Kwh with less kit and a lot less range.

I'm thinking the tour 5 will have to last me 10 years at the rate things are changing, escalating and not just one thing, multiple things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Well you wouldn't have a choice paying that for something with less spec considering everything has gone up, when I was pricing a 58kWh ID.3 Tech they were €40-41k two years ago, it's now €48,400. The Born with updated pricing is €40,800 now, I think the ID.3 Family is similar spec which are €44,200.

A 77kWh Tour 5 is €44k and has less spec than the likes of the Tech from what I can see. Both the Born 77kWh and ID.3 Tour are €50k.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Like it or not, I'm probably going to have the Tour for the long term.

I could probably sell it now for a profit, but there's nothing else out there with the range and spec.

Most other options are 58-64kWh and missing one or more (or all of) AR HUD, 360 cameras, massage seats etc.

Ariya ticks many of the boxes but the price is bonkers.

So after my 3 year PCP I'll likely just refinance and buy it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭fafy

So, just looking at new September ID3 pricelist, from what i can gather, they have added 2 grand onto a Life DX model bringing it to 42k

€46,293 for a T5 now -

Mad_Lad - yes the T5 is charged once a week from empty hence the 11hr charge time-

Every other night the i3 is charging - if timed charging becomes an option that will change.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭fafy

I thing the T5 already went to 46k a few months back, it looks like they just increased the Life DX on this pricelist, as its currently the only variant, that can be ordered

Ye, sorry fafy, think there was mention of T5 being 44k at some stage - which it probably was before hitting 46k !

The T5 is definitely poorer spec to the 58 kwh Tech.

I wanted the 5 seats and didn't care about the rest but I would have liked rear speakers, it's a disgrace they were not fitted considering an OEM speaker might cost 2 Euros for the Rubbish they install.

The T5 has all the spec I want, Android Auto and most of all Travel assist, it's just amazing to have on the Motorway especially the ever increasing gridlock on the not fit for purpose N7. They seriously need to close off some of the slip roads and make the existing on roamps longer, I've seen people stop and indicate to get out on the N7 there at Kingswood instead of using the shoulder to build up a bit of speed it's a disaster so is the left lane for the M9 off the M7 South, one lane and everyone driving 50-60 Kph. Joke.

Anyway, I might get VW to add the speakers when it's in for the software update.

I drove the Outlander yesterday, had to bring one of the Boys tractors over to Granny's and the joy of having a knob for the radio and some buttons for presets, it was exhilarating. I'm half tempted to bring a portable stereo with me from now on.

This screen only way to control things is a new thing, I get it, but not for everything. The delay to access the climate controls after turning on the car is another joke. I don't like the direction the auto industry is heading with screens and they're a mighty distraction.

I really hate that VW were saving more money by not having 4 window switches, it's very irritating having only two and having to switch "rear" on and off, constant irritation.

The tour 5 is probably going to be my last new car anyway, probably going to buy 2nd hand, only reason I bought new in the first place was because there weren't many good options available 2nd hand.

I just hope the battery doesn't degrade a lot in the next 4-5 years.

Imagine going back to Diesel ? 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

I genuinely don’t know what our next cars will be. I will always need something that can easily pull at least 2 tonnes. And I’d like an estate ev for the other car. I’d love to ditch one car altogether tbh but would still need the jeepy thing.

We aren’t likely to get something with as good a spec as the tour for a while. A few of us were very fortunate to get that on 0% finance.

• Advertisement

Indeed, the 0% + the Electricity credit, that saved us a lot especially with work charging. And the good news is that the work site I use the granny charger on are getting proper charge points so I will rarely charge at home, unless there's more demand for the work charge points but I am not greedy I can get enough and let someone else in if they need it. They'll still have some out door sockets I can use the granny charger. They said they will get more charge points eventually.

The sad thing is that most of them on that site have plug-ins and will be using those proper charge points I bet and not using the other sockets to use the granny chargers and leave the proper charge points for BEV cars.

I was told they'll be 7 Kw, 11 Kw would have meant I can get more faster and let someone else in if they need it but still a major improvement.

Advertisement