Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Can PH be retried?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 DredmondDross

Do the ON's not outsoure a lot of that work to the IRPs, or rather teh IRPs do it and the ON's claim it, I know that how it was speculated a few years back

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭BagofWeed

Honestly 1st time I saw a pic of Dowdall I just thought he looked like a snaky rat and seems like I was spot on. I'm not a criminal but have been inside on numerous occasions when I was younger, its always the snaky ones that'll rat out no matter how hard or connected they are, not saying Dowdall is hard, but definitely snaky and I reckon he wouldn't beat ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

not a criminal but been inside numerous times

🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Dowdall has done the right thing. Himself and the Father were obviously used by the Hutches. I'm not absolving them of responsibility but the murder charges always seemed a bit ott. Hutch has had this coming for a long long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Ham_Sandwich

iremember John Daly that was the reason going around why was he killt then

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭portlaoisepal

Spot on Mo Chara,100% correct

And that was correct. The bosses has gotten accustomed to a certain type of lifestyle in the prison system and he fcuked that up for them. Now let me tell you if you were doing a 15-20 stretch and all of a sudden had the luxuries taken off you because of a little scrote like Daly you would go after him. Sure these lads would knee cap their own grannies to get ahead so it's hardly a shock that they targeted Daly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 workaholic91

The top cop heading up the unsolved gangland murder inquiry, Detective Chief Inspector Peter Montgomery, last night confirmed this newspaper's findings.

He told us: "I am satisfied that ONH (Oglaigh na hEireann) played a role, and there was cross-republican involvement in the killing of Jim Donegan."

ONH's role in the murder was to provide the INLA with details of the 43-year-old drug lord's movements.

It was ONH's members who established that Donegan collected his teenage son at the gates of St Mary's Grammar on the Glen Road in west Belfast at 3.30pm every Tuesday and Thursday.

Due to this, detectives working on the case believe the INLA gunman, who was wearing a scarf, hat and hi-vis coat, was acting alone and did not need an accomplice to keep watch.

I not going to listen beck now but I'm sure Johnny said on Liveline that the bike and cars were on finance.

He did

• Advertisement

That's grand that they were on finance but he was obviously able to

a) get approved

b) meet the repayments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭40supple

Well you’re wrong

Eamon Dunne paid Gary T to kill John so Eamon could take control of the Herion/cocaine trade that John had in Finglas south and Mulhuddart

you haven’t a clue what you’re on about and literally making it up.

1)which “Boss” was doing 15-20 that ordered it?

2)freddie wasn’t even locked up at the time

3) Gilligan is the sole reason CAB was developed and the clampdown on gangland criminals (which took away a lot more than a prisoner’s mobile phone) and he’s still walking around

so stop lying & regurgitating sh1te you read in the Sunday world

Dowdalls a dirty rat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Every chance Dowdall was laundering money for someone also, it would be easy to generate fictitious receipts with the business he had.

It's gospel mate. You're not dealing with intelligent people here. They have no empathy and need no reason to whack someone. It was nothing to do with some strategic play. They aren't clever enough for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭EMPunk

Gospel of who? Williams and Tallant???

Not saying what the other fella said was spot on nor am i saying im "in the know" about this but it is VERY well known round the area that at least 2 very dangerous people were looking to get him long before the liveline call. The fallout from that call defo didnt help his case but doubt it really did anything to initiate the shooting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭EOQRTL

Delighted he's turning on them.

I hope his evidence sends every last one of the scumbags down for a long long stretch.

more like aul ones gossip than “gospel”.

since you know what went down tell us;

who ordered it?

who paid for it?

who did it?

otherwise stop commenting on something you have a theory about and not facts

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Peepee the knight rider

Whether a K or a Hutch, or other, big players always have been passing on info to get info.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,057 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Would you go way out of that.

A buddy of mine now retired worked in a bank branch in the North Inner City and the Buckys would all be into him regularly for loans, which the higher ups in said bank took the view that it would be cheaper in the long run never to refuse.

He reckoned they got about a 50% repayment rate, but bad debt provision was still a lot cheaper than a fire at the Branch or a couple of assistant managers suing the Bank for beatings they would have taken.

His s**t was on Finance alright, just not in the way that you or I understand it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Peepee the knight rider

Ps Dowdal got an internal beating not long bk from inla. He was fkt either way

john & Alan B never got on and there was treats issued from prison back and forward

that’s what the liveline call was about, Williams was writing about the 2 of them not getting on going back to their teenage years and a war brewing.

Alan first called in then John and made it out that they were best mates to make a fool out of Williams, which worked.

when Eamon took over after he did Marno, Alan obviously went on to work under Eamonn supplying Finglas West, then Alan got into Eamons ear about taking Finglas south Tesco end and convinced him that John needed to be taken out

that’s what happened it was a personal dispute between the 2 (clash of egos) and the want to expand drug dealing into Finglas south & Mulhuddart nothing about a some international gangster who lost his mobile phone.

jus for the record there’s more phones including smart phones with internet access & drugs in prison at present than pre johns phone call so that liveline may of had a small crackdown but didn’t last long

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Artana1916

To be honest, being from Belfast and knowing the areas well that these hits happened in it wouldn’t surprise me if there was one hitman responsible for a good few of them, even if not all 6. They don’t seem to be using getaway cars much up here the past few years but then again it’s fairly easy to escape on foot, load of them estates like Lenadoon and Turf Lodge are a maze of alleys and entries.

NIC gosspip vs Williams Tallant gossip, that is all it is

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Spencer101

He started his business when he was 29. By 38 he was in a €500k house and leasing near enough €200k worth of cars/ bikes. Had a wife and 4 kids. Paid for this on a business that turned over €450k and employed 8 people and ran at least 6 vans. So figure he was doing legit electrical work off books and/or lying on loan applications and/or he had other income.

Yeh because the lads on Boards.ie know more than Williams or Tallant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

This forum has been a lifeline for the two of them.

The lads on boards.ie live in most of the areas where it’s going on

Paul Williams is a prodestant who couldn’t even finish his degree in journalism, who claimed there’d be no gangland criminals in Ireland if the IRA & SF never existed, gobsh1te of a statement to make..Gangsters are in every country in the world

both him & Tallant live in the leafy suburbs

You’ve just been found out to be talking absolute pony you know nothing about other than reading Williams & Tallants articles from (wait for it) “a well known reliable source high up in the organisation”

Tallant does some investigative work but Williams is a well known spoofer

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Charlie sheen 54

This is the only good newspaper there is 😂 i only found out about this thread in the last few months I'm addicted to newspapers but this stuffs a goldmine. Perfect for reading through while im meant to be working ☕🐸😂

• Advertisement

Advertisement