Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

Are there still tickets left for the semi-final if I went down tomorrow morning? Why not just sell the tickets for the Cobh match and the Semi-final as a package on the website?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Got the terrace tickets this evening, which I assume are the standing tickets , all the stand tickets were sold out when I was there at 6pm. Great to see such demand for tickets, should be a decent crowd at cobh game tomorrow as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Because they are fearful of shels fans buying them.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Another good win and Athlone doing us a favour holding Longford to a draw

Terrace/Standing tickets for the Shelbourne match available tonight at the game

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭skaface

Great crowd and result last night.. Form is great heading in to the Play Offs and Cup Semi Final..

On a side note, i think the club looking forward needs to have a serious look at themselves and address the way tickets for the semi final were handled.. Even if u were a season ticket holder living outside the City, you were expected to travel down there to buy tickets.. A lot of support for the Blues comes from Outside the City, particularly the West of the County.. Tickets should have been on sale in Dungarvan at the very least and through clubs throughout the County aswell.. Lots of older supporters not able to access tickets online.. There were people queing for tickets at the RSC during the week that didn't know where the new stand was to buy tickets.. They should remember the supporters that were and continue to travel to home and away games week in week out when there was only a few hundred diehards following the club..

• Advertisement

No they weren't. A simple phone call would have done. They got it spot on.

Not so simple if no one was answering the phone.. How can you say they got it spot on when loads of supporters couldn't get through to the number ??

The Blues are suupported far and wide across the whole County.. Not just the City..And country for that matter, so going forward the club will have to address these problems

For anyone that hasn't been able to get tickets for the semifinal yet, the club are selling 750 terrace tickets on their website at 9am on Monday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

What problem? There was huge demand for tickets - and they sold them, they are now going to flog the life out of standing tickets, and they will for sure sell plenty of those.

What do you think is the problem the club will have to address from their POV I mean?

Some fans in Dungarvan, West Waterford, Longford, who weren't able to get through on the phone or call in/email/get in touch through socials being a bit put out won't register too highly on the list of things they will be concerned about I would be pretty confident, whether you think that is right or wrong - it is what it is.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Well they should be concerned when a lot of supporters that aren't fine day supporters weren't given the opportunity to buy tickets if they weren't living in the City.. No point in telling people that couldn't get down to the City for one reason or another to ring a number that wasn't answering..

Also, they should have been making physical tickets available in Dungarvan for supporters to purchase last week aswell.. They always did before for big games.. Just because they sold the tickets isn't the problem.. It's the way it was done is..

Im not getting into a slagging match about it.. All im saying is it should be looked at in the future for support outside of the City.. We're all supporting the same club no matter where in the County you live in .. #BLUES

• Advertisement

Not even saying I disagree with you, sorry if it came across as having a pop at you. I just think its an idealistic view when the owner has no connection to the local area at all and is only in the door especially. They absolutely should have had tickets on sale in Dungarvan, and should have had some kind of online system in place to allow season ticket holders to purchase tickets (1 per ST)

The not fine day supporters you speak of are presumably diehards or those who stick with the club rain or shine, have been in the ground when there was 250/300 & travelled to sheds around the country supporting the team. Those supporters will more than likely always be there & may very well get taken for granted while the sunshine ones get more focus maybe to make hay while they sun is shining so to speak.

All I am saying is from their POV I think they will be delighted with how things went. I don't think they will share your concerns, we have had multiple owners now in a short space of time, who knows if this guy will stay around long or how much interest he has in taking supporters input on board.

What I can say is that so far some of the changes whether they are down to him or not have been very positive & hopefully the club continue to look for ways to improve the team, the facilities, the match day experience, facilitating supporters wherever they may be based.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Tbh I didn't think the ques down in the RSC Last Thursday would be as big as they were with a lot of the people in it been 'the die hards and big supporters through it all'.

Hopefully everyone who needs a ticket gets them

Let's hope this time 2 weeks we will be discussing 'tickets for the final in the Aviva'(there on sale already but ya know)

Would genuinely be shocked if they turned anyone away on the day tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

The green box you click on to buy tickets is saying 'Not released' Not sure does that mean sold out or what?

https://waterfordfc.ie/tickets/#

Online ticket sales have been suspended by Waterford fc as Shels fans obviously were trying to buy them and both Shelbourne fc and the Fai have stepped into find a solution.. More information to follow later in the day according to the club

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭jay1988

That's not what happened at all, Waterford were found to have understated the capacity they'll have on the night and tried to give Shels less tickets than they should have, Shels complained to the FAI, who stepped in to check it out and stopped Waterford selling the tickets until Shels are given the correct allocation (extra 250-300) tickets and then they'll be allowed sell the rest.

Bit of a cock up from someone behind the scenes

Not surprised though

From the Facebook group

'Waterford FC have confirmed that in an attempt to get as many people into the RSC as possible for the cup semi final against Shelbourne that they are putting a large number of standing tickets on general open sale, on a first-come-first-served basis. These will be in person sales at the RSC ticket office:

Wednesday 5th October 2022: 3pm-7pm.

Thursday 6th October 2022: 3pm-7pm

Friday 7th October 2022: Pre-match'

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭jay1988

Not what I heard.. Shels will get what allocation they're entitled to.. Capacity at RSC is 5,000, so that would be around 500 away tickets, and more if Capacity is more than that..

• Advertisement

From the Wikipedia entry for the RSC;

"The record attendance at the RSC was at the FAI Cup Semi-final in April 1997 when a crowd of 8,500 paid in to see Waterford United lose to Shelbourne 2-1."

Bump the capacity up, it's revenge time!

2-1 win for us away to Longford and a top 3 place secured

Meanwhile our cup opponents Shelbourne finish in a 4-4 draw with St Pats.

I'd say that old hill back in the day held a few 1000

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭Boooourns

I remember sitting up on a bell lines container in the late 90s beating Rovers in the quarter finals. A guard was trying to get me down off it and pulled off my shoe, he wouldn't give it back 😂.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Was at the game and still have the match programme. Looking through it now contains adverts from The Royal Bar in Lombard Street, Burger King, Jurys, The Roxy, Soccer City, Frank English Ltd, Sasha in Broad Street, The Kings, The Keg Bar, Sully's, Telecom Eireann, Temple Bar Waterford. A right flashback in time.

Shels only after getting an allocation of 450 Away tickets for Semi Final

Yep the capacity is 5000. They got 460 tickets for their fans section and also the rest then in officials In the old stand. Giving them 10% which is what is required.

So basically, advertising in the Waterford FC match programme is the kiss of death for any local business foolish enough to do it?? 😮

Andy Pilley has got his work cut out! 😏

Crazy the choice ye oldies had back in the day comaprd to us 30+ year olds now

Guess those were the days

You'd never see the likes of Haaland, Ronaldo etc coming over to play a few league of Ireland matches for the craic like Georgie Best and Bobby Charlton

Post edited by PTH2009 on

• Advertisement

Another brilliant 3-0 win for us and Athlone doing us a big favour beating Galway 2-1

The perfect run in to the cup

Advertisement