Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CC Increased Limit

• 03-10-2022 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭cnoc

Is there an appeal process for a refusal to increase spending limit?

Thanks

Comments

• no, you can ask for the reason they refused the application (have you always paid on time, including any other loans not with BOI?). I wouldn’t suggest applying again without first finding out the problem because every time you do apply a footprint is left on your CCR report and that can look bad. Besides, it’s not likely to be a different decision anyway.

Depending on the reason why, you can apply again after 6 months or if there’s something that’s easily rectified after that’s done. But as for an appeal to have it looked at again, certainly not with BOI & I don’t think any consumer bank actually does have one. When they say no, that’s the end of it.

I imagine because it’s not a right to be given credit. And the bank is well within theirs to refuse it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭cnoc

Thank you for that info. I became a customer only last January after changing from UB. I applied for an increase after 6 months and was refused. I always paid the CC well in advance of the "Pay By" date.

My UB CC was 3 times the amount I got from BoI. Was an UB customer for 40+ years and never late in making a payment.

I am now retired with the State Pension and a small private pension.

I was going to apply again for an increase in mid-November, however, following your advice I will contact them and ask for a reason as to why I was refused.

I have to go off line now and will be on again tomorrow afternoon.

• I definitely suggest giving them a shout then. It’s making a little more sense though, since you were a customer for 40+ years with UB they would have had an expansive record on you & therefore it was a much safer decision to make. To BOI you are a bit “unknown” so to speak. You can always try out other lenders anyway if BOI won’t budge, AvantCard, PTSB & AIB come to mind, you don’t need an account with them either!

From what you’ve said anyway I wouldn’t be surprised if it was just a case of BOI not having quite the “profile” on you that UB does to help them feel happier to make a higher lending offer, which naturally, incurs a higher risk for the bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. If you would like to discuss the decision behind your application we would recommend that you contact the team directly on 0818 366 100 and our colleagues here will be more than happy to help with this.

The team is available from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. I hope this helps.

Thanks Jen

• Advertisement

Thanks for above info. Bo1 requested "all kinds" of documents, including my UB CC and statements, utility bills.

Advertisement