Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mc2022B2TF

indeed thats where i got mine a few weeks back - thats a nice spec especially if you wanted the white seats - obviously a cancellation. Can't see it lasting long.

But its kind of hidden...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

Not sure I'd get one of these with only 52kWh usable capacity...

Post edited by rocky on

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Log it in app. They will replace the lamp unit.

Untrue.

The Model 3 still qualifies for the grant. The standard RWD in white or one of the colors with the upgraded wheels.

It’s a good product. Use it everytime you wash. It’s designed as a Quick Detailer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Has anyone else got a plasticky rattle coming from behind the steering wheel? I picked mine up just over a week ago and can't fault the car, but there is this annoying rattle. It comes and goes, but may be more pronounced going down hill or under braking from what i can tell. You wouldn't notice it in a fossil car, but the Model 3 is so quiet, you do hear it when driving.

Yea. I have that. And a rattle coming from somewhere in the rear too.

I'm going to schedule a service in a few weeks to have them looked at.

I've noticed a fair bit of "give" in the rear seats so fairly sure the rattle is coming from there.

U don't notice them with music on but when it's not u really can.

I've heard using a tone generator can help isolate it.

https://youtu.be/5qkmzX9b2us

Rear rattles could be empty baby seats.

I had it and it was driving me mad. Turned out it was the baby seat 🤣🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

I think the rear headrests in the older models use to rattle but not anymore in newer models

Post edited by ADSLUSER on

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Same as, behind steering wheel and back right rattle. Have a service appointment scheduled this week for something else and will flag it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Josieg

Yeah me too. Only have the car a week and I had a fairly long drive up and down to Shannon from Sligo. It drove me a bit mad. I think it's coming from somewhere to my left but I'm second guessing myself so not sure now. It seems like a lot of hassle to bring it to Dublin. Would something like that be covered by a ranger?

My wife and i love the car - her only gripe is that she says the car is just "one big rattle" when driving around at low speeds on average roads round town. In fairness she is right - there are so many rattles its hard to know where they are coming from. I usually have music on on long journeys so dont notice as much.

Definitely one coming from the dash and another from the rear seat area.

Will book in a service when i've had more time to try and isolate them.

Have you driven any other EV’s?

Similar for the i3, eNiro etc

Its because your brain is so used to the noise of the engine and vibration cancelling out any normal rattles.

ive driven the enyak and ioniq 5 and cant say i noticed any. these rattles have definitely gotten worse wince we picked up the car. They are fairly headwrecking! I've looked online a a lot of rattles seem to be poor build quality in the main - i've driven my friends model 3 this week too for comparison and there are no rattles - so it seems like the luck of the draw. The rattles in my car are definitely something that should be addressed. I don't want to go on about it though as i'll be called a grumpy pants again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Dont worry about that, it appears to be one or two cars in one batch only.

I added 55kWh from 11% to 100% last night.

I "added" 49kwh according to the app at a supercharger yesterday but was invoiced for 43 I.e the actually amount dispensed by the charger.

The app uses an assumption of 0-100% being 60kwh is what I have learned.

Go and do the same charge at a supercharger and see what u are invoiced for and u will see the difference.

Which also means that the "gas savings" calculated by the app are misleading at best.

Anyway it's like talking to the wall in here regarding usable pack size. The "1 or 2" in a batch affected are the 1 or 2 with the ability to drill down into the figures properly and decipher the truth.

I believe you were 1 of those that were going to provide screenshots of a trip to show your used energy at 55kwh+ but I'm still waiting on that.

Only 1 member has actually been able to provide evidence of potentially having a larger usable than 52kwh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭eagerv

My March Model 3 is taut and rattle free.

However overall refinement is not as good as VW or Hyundai imo. Suspension is a little firmer, but not uncomfortable, so you do notice poor roads. Doesn't worry me, the things that matter to me are better than the two other makes I mentioned. I just turn up the volume a bit on the poorer roads.

I was talking about adding 55kWh based on the amount sent to the car being 58kWh (on my charger I can see the amount dispensed per charge) and then the car OSD showing 55kWh added in the last session. Other than that one charge I havent used more than 40-45kWh recently, my regular round trip is 220-240km so I dont generally get down that low in the pack

I couldnt get scanmytesla to work on IOS. Is there an app you can reccomend that would allow me to see the usable capacity. Playing devil's advocate and assuming I'm wrong, it would show up there.

SMT seems to be the best app but i don't have the adaptor so i cant use it. The car itself just tells you what has been added basically as a percentage extrapolated from a full pack being 60.5kwh. So if you are at 10% and you add 90% it will just tell you it added 90%*60kwh = ~ 55kwh

I have seen others on the facebook group reporting concerns similar to mine so it's definitely not isolated to 1 or 2 cars.

I will hopefully be chatting to someone from Tesla this week - another member has kindly given me details of their car that appears to have the smaller buffer so i can provide thsi to Tesla to investigate the reason for the differences.

I will keep you updated.

• Advertisement

I understand that but I also had an external device on the EVSE monitoring the kWh delivered and it showed 58, hence why the 55 reported by the car was believable to me. (I use a CEE 32A blue plug for charging so I need to monitor speed and temperature etc.)

If you're speaking to Tesla it would be interesting to see what they say, and to not talk to one of the random staff but instead talk to someone who actually knows what's going on. Keith, head of service for Ireland, generally knows his stuff. I'm guessing that what has happened is that some of the cars have an additional amount hidden "below 0" in a buffer, and this will be removed later on. Same as when the first M3 came out, and each new chemistry change, the charge speed was limited for a while.

I'd put money on there being a mistake and some cars were delivered with an extended buffer and others werent. Expect a software update to correct this pretty soon, either removing a buffer for some or adding a buffer for others.

Thanks - its certainly interesting and all i'm trying to do is get to the bottom of it as i genuinely think they will be more than happy to investigate it and get an answer for their customers, whatever that may be.

The person i've been chatting to seems to be lead on the battery tech side.

He seems happy to investigate so i'm confident enough they will be able to provide a resolution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Logged my condensation in the rear lights, anytime it rains or car is washed and was basically told it's normal, turn on the heating and it'll fix it, if large water droplets build to re-log it as that is not normal

Right, the new era LED lights don’t heat up like older cars so condensation is normal seemly.

I had one replaced but it was filling with water in fairness.

Some amount of cars in inventory and no takers

They seem well overpriced but have added enhanced autopilot to them all to try and shift them. Think they need to reduce the prices rather than add something no one really wants.

Well done to anyone who got a good trade on their car this September.

Whoever was doing the trade in values might of had a few too many brandies!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Yea it’s a bit weird that it only happens in the rear drivers side, here is their message.

What my lights look like all the time, it does clear up in fairness when I’m driving it

• Advertisement

That’s the one I had replaced too, rear drivers side 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

Sorry thats a pile of pony... Why doesn't every ev and new car on the market have that condensation issue then?

There is moisture already inside the housing of the light or moisture getting in. That water ingress could cause future problems.

Very common issue on most new age cars. The removal of halogen (higher temp) lights meant condensation is more prevalent.

Not saying it’s right or wrong but it’s very common in many brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

Haven't seen it in many or mine.... Pretty common in Tesla's it seems obviously a design issue.

Yes, deffo a design issue.

Very common in BMW E60 and F10 headlights.

• Advertisement

FWIW, when I was at Tesla last week on a wet and rainy day, every single Model 3 parked there had the exact same issue, including mine. Either its a design fault for the model or working as intended.

Deffo design problem. Has to be. But the condensation is common in many cars. That was my point

Model Y RWD now qualifies for Grant!

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭JOL1

Am so surprised, now priced same as Model 3 ...Could it be a mistake?

They were selling zero MYSR at the previous price point I reckon so had to do something. Either that or they could be Berlin models with no import duty.

M3 looks better and is more efficient and has a better range and also a bit quicker

MY is ugly but is more practical due to it being bigger with a hatchback and bigger boot.

That's how I see it.

Yes. Tesla we’re seemly waiting for budget 2023 details and confirmations to come through.

Price has dropped from €64k.

@JOL1 Not a mistake. Confirmed by Tesla Sandyford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Pulled the trigger even though I have a September M3, have driven estates for the last few cars and the M3 was definitely a compromise, just last week bought a new TV didn’t even think about boot space and had to drive home very slowly with it hanging out the back 😭. Will see what trade in values are and what the ultimate cost to change is come 2023, roll on the man maths. The reduced range makes no difference to me, I might have to charge 1 day earlier than at the moment and any long trips I do would require charging somewhere and that won’t change. Like the idea of the premium interior saves me butchering the M3 to enable the extra speakers. Don’t like the Gemini Aeros but that’s an easy fix. Most importantly stayed true to Team #MSM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

If the 7 seat variant was available for under grant price, I would order now. Alas, its not available at all.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Delboy33

Also a September M3 owner and very tempted to pull the trigger and order. What is you easy fix for the ugly aeros. New wheel trims? Spray Tesla aeros or 19 inch alloys or other? Unfortunately there is no way to add the larger alloys and stay under the grant, even standard white and black interior jumps over 60K.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Delboy33

Feel the exact same but still tempted. Looks over function????

Yeah it's very hard to know! I'm happy with the m3 so far apart from the buffer issue and a few minor things you'll get with any tesla.

And I'm actually a fan of a lower seating position.

I'm going round in circles haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

I'm in texas at the moment. Plenty of msm MYs around. Not as appealing as the M3. Bigger boot benefit is cut short due to range loss. For me, only 7 seats would make me change if under the grant price. MY just doesn't look good compared to M3.

Stay Free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Loads of options for new Aeros seen ones that on Ali Ex that look just like the turbines that look really good in reviews

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

I love my M3 too but like the practicality of the boot in the MY but would certainly miss the poke if I swapped. The M3 proportions are much nicer/pretttier 😅 and the handling is much sportier. Also loss in range is another minus for the Y. Tough call honestly. Initially I was giving serious consideration to the MY after I saw the price reduction but now I’m on the fence too. Honestly, I only need the bigger boot for like once or twice a year and that could be handled by my other car (hatchback) so not not a critical factor. No idea what the better car is for my usage 🤷‍♂️ For now I will just enjoy my M3 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭eagerv

Likewise, I think I will pretend there was no Y price drop..😁 Love the efficiency and most other things of the 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

This thread is going to be even busier, ordered my Model Y this morning exactly 4 minutes after I became aware the price dropped over night from €65k to €53k 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Jizique

Why would anybody support this Putin-loving charlatan and fraud?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

Cash or hire purchase? No pcp options on site so need to talk to them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

whats the range of the base model Y .. depending on the mood of the configurator there is two different numbers ?

Advertisement