Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Home and charging. Need to do a proper inspection but on first look over, didn't see any issues.

Stopped by Sandyford supercharger to top it up before driving home. They let me take the car early. Met two other couples who were taking delivery of their Y's, overall a pleasant experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 TSLQs

I haven’t seen mention of any change to the SEAI €5000 grant, so I assume it stays the same for 2023? Anybody know for sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 McShe

From the Indo: "EV grants

Electric vehicle grants, worth up to €5,000, from the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI) are pencilled in to continue until July.

However there will be a gradual reduction after that, according to a Department of Transport release to coincide with the Budget. That could mean higher EV prices."

• Registered Users Posts: 22 McShe

• Registered Users Posts: 26 TSLQs

Good news! Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I know it was mentioned previously but the search is crap, condensation in the rear lights, is there a fix for it?

Collected mine last Friday and it had none on collection but noticed after a wash yesterday that it had condensation now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

SEAI grant doesn't actually affect any Tesla right now, correct?

Shame they couldn't get the basic MY onto 59,999 (on the road) and make hay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I might add, I used this after the first wash and seriously impressed, easy to put on and the car is looking even better than when I collected it, nice beading effect when it gets wet and stayed clean on the wet school run this morning.

Picked it up from Reflect Autocare as I was passing, I'm sure it's widely available

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

For anyone interested there is a new White on White Model 3 in inventory, which is under grant threshold. Don't expect it to last long..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

As EagerV said the basic model in white still qualifies for the grant. If you're quick you can grab the one in inventory. They're not there very often!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mc2022B2TF

indeed thats where i got mine a few weeks back - thats a nice spec especially if you wanted the white seats - obviously a cancellation. Can't see it lasting long.

But its kind of hidden...........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

Not sure I'd get one of these with only 52kWh usable capacity...

Post edited by rocky on

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Log it in app. They will replace the lamp unit.

Untrue.

The Model 3 still qualifies for the grant. The standard RWD in white or one of the colors with the upgraded wheels.

It’s a good product. Use it everytime you wash. It’s designed as a Quick Detailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Has anyone else got a plasticky rattle coming from behind the steering wheel? I picked mine up just over a week ago and can't fault the car, but there is this annoying rattle. It comes and goes, but may be more pronounced going down hill or under braking from what i can tell. You wouldn't notice it in a fossil car, but the Model 3 is so quiet, you do hear it when driving.

Yea. I have that. And a rattle coming from somewhere in the rear too.

I'm going to schedule a service in a few weeks to have them looked at.

I've noticed a fair bit of "give" in the rear seats so fairly sure the rattle is coming from there.

U don't notice them with music on but when it's not u really can.

I've heard using a tone generator can help isolate it.

https://youtu.be/5qkmzX9b2us

Rear rattles could be empty baby seats.

I had it and it was driving me mad. Turned out it was the baby seat 🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

I think the rear headrests in the older models use to rattle but not anymore in newer models

Post edited by ADSLUSER on

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Same as, behind steering wheel and back right rattle. Have a service appointment scheduled this week for something else and will flag it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Josieg

Yeah me too. Only have the car a week and I had a fairly long drive up and down to Shannon from Sligo. It drove me a bit mad. I think it's coming from somewhere to my left but I'm second guessing myself so not sure now. It seems like a lot of hassle to bring it to Dublin. Would something like that be covered by a ranger?

My wife and i love the car - her only gripe is that she says the car is just "one big rattle" when driving around at low speeds on average roads round town. In fairness she is right - there are so many rattles its hard to know where they are coming from. I usually have music on on long journeys so dont notice as much.

Definitely one coming from the dash and another from the rear seat area.

Will book in a service when i've had more time to try and isolate them.

Have you driven any other EV’s?

Similar for the i3, eNiro etc

Its because your brain is so used to the noise of the engine and vibration cancelling out any normal rattles.

ive driven the enyak and ioniq 5 and cant say i noticed any. these rattles have definitely gotten worse wince we picked up the car. They are fairly headwrecking! I've looked online a a lot of rattles seem to be poor build quality in the main - i've driven my friends model 3 this week too for comparison and there are no rattles - so it seems like the luck of the draw. The rattles in my car are definitely something that should be addressed. I don't want to go on about it though as i'll be called a grumpy pants again!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,938 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Dont worry about that, it appears to be one or two cars in one batch only.

I added 55kWh from 11% to 100% last night.

I "added" 49kwh according to the app at a supercharger yesterday but was invoiced for 43 I.e the actually amount dispensed by the charger.

The app uses an assumption of 0-100% being 60kwh is what I have learned.

Go and do the same charge at a supercharger and see what u are invoiced for and u will see the difference.

Which also means that the "gas savings" calculated by the app are misleading at best.

Anyway it's like talking to the wall in here regarding usable pack size. The "1 or 2" in a batch affected are the 1 or 2 with the ability to drill down into the figures properly and decipher the truth.

I believe you were 1 of those that were going to provide screenshots of a trip to show your used energy at 55kwh+ but I'm still waiting on that.

Only 1 member has actually been able to provide evidence of potentially having a larger usable than 52kwh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

My March Model 3 is taut and rattle free.

However overall refinement is not as good as VW or Hyundai imo. Suspension is a little firmer, but not uncomfortable, so you do notice poor roads. Doesn't worry me, the things that matter to me are better than the two other makes I mentioned. I just turn up the volume a bit on the poorer roads.

I was talking about adding 55kWh based on the amount sent to the car being 58kWh (on my charger I can see the amount dispensed per charge) and then the car OSD showing 55kWh added in the last session. Other than that one charge I havent used more than 40-45kWh recently, my regular round trip is 220-240km so I dont generally get down that low in the pack

I couldnt get scanmytesla to work on IOS. Is there an app you can reccomend that would allow me to see the usable capacity. Playing devil's advocate and assuming I'm wrong, it would show up there.

SMT seems to be the best app but i don't have the adaptor so i cant use it. The car itself just tells you what has been added basically as a percentage extrapolated from a full pack being 60.5kwh. So if you are at 10% and you add 90% it will just tell you it added 90%*60kwh = ~ 55kwh

I have seen others on the facebook group reporting concerns similar to mine so it's definitely not isolated to 1 or 2 cars.

I will hopefully be chatting to someone from Tesla this week - another member has kindly given me details of their car that appears to have the smaller buffer so i can provide thsi to Tesla to investigate the reason for the differences.

I will keep you updated.

• Advertisement

I understand that but I also had an external device on the EVSE monitoring the kWh delivered and it showed 58, hence why the 55 reported by the car was believable to me. (I use a CEE 32A blue plug for charging so I need to monitor speed and temperature etc.)

If you're speaking to Tesla it would be interesting to see what they say, and to not talk to one of the random staff but instead talk to someone who actually knows what's going on. Keith, head of service for Ireland, generally knows his stuff. I'm guessing that what has happened is that some of the cars have an additional amount hidden "below 0" in a buffer, and this will be removed later on. Same as when the first M3 came out, and each new chemistry change, the charge speed was limited for a while.

I'd put money on there being a mistake and some cars were delivered with an extended buffer and others werent. Expect a software update to correct this pretty soon, either removing a buffer for some or adding a buffer for others.

Advertisement