Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,754 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Ye Fury's a terrible man trying to give his biggest home grown rival a title fight that fans have been asking for years for , & giving him a way back into the top of a division ,

He should really just say nothing & take on easy mandatory's instead ,

Oh ye total spoofer goes to Wlad back yard, then Wilders back yard & now trying to make a super fight with AJ, Like so obvious he;s afraid & doesn't want to fight these guys ,

Look anyone with half a brain can see which team didn't want the fight,

Talking of spoofer there only one spoofer who' thinks it the other way around , the same spoofer that picks against Fury in every fight,

I reckon WalshB is David Haye he has to be ,

• Registered Users Posts: 55,633 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The Wlad fight........

and the wild boar's meat!!!!!

And like clockwork you were defending Fury non stop on his PEDs conviction.

Spoofer.

Apart from a few Fury nuthuggers here (you being the biggest one) plenty online commentary saying exactly what I am saying...Fury a spoofer and walking contradiction

• Registered Users Posts: 9,331 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

its is a them vs us with both sets of fans, its nearly as bad as my dad is bigger than your dad lol

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement

Yes. Agreed. That’s what my post at 4:36 was for.

Hearn likely didn’t want the fight so soon after Usyk. AJ may not have been keen either.

But anyone making out that Fury was all above board and credible and sincere here is having a fooking laugh. Just go over his antics the past few weeks.

Post edited by walshb on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

One question who has fury said he would fight and pulled out? Fury was always talking crap and social media, he s taking the piss most of the time, how you cant see that i don't know.

Fury is bored most of the time and uses social media to entertain himself 🤷‍♂️

George Warren comes across very well in this interview

• Registered Users Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭megadodge

Fury pulled out of the signed & sealed Klithcko rematch. Twice!!

• Advertisement

I never defended him at all, but he's done plenty wrong

This isn't about defending Fury or knocking AJ its just in this one case its obvious who wants the fight and who doesn't

I don't know Fury at all, boxing is not like football you don't support a fighter well i don't

There are people I like to watch & people u think will beat others but if someone loses fair play to whoever beats them, Its no skin off my back,

This Fury fan boy is nonsense I this case I think AJ team have pulled the fight simple as that and I think it's obvious

Yeah, tbf he had mental health problems that nobody would argue against. Ballooning in weight like that is sure sign of mental health issues.

Yeh, right....and plenty folks don't believe that.

He used the mental health card very conveniently, like many do these days to simply try excuse certain behaviors. The amount gullibility out there.

He ate food, gained weight, did illegal drugs.........and to try justify it, he threw out the mental health card...

He was also convicted of cheating by having/using PEDs......and of course, his sycophant fans will try justify and excuse that as well.

Incredible post tbf, you have outdone yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Butson

Arum states that everything could have been finalized on Monday - but he believes Hearn was trying to avoid a possible scenario where Joshua would lose his third fight in a row - after coming off back to back defeats to Oleksandr Usyk.

"[Hearn] wanted to kill it because even as late as yesterday [Monday], if he'd have said let's all get together and sit in a room and get everything finalized, it could have been done in a couple of hours. I mean, really sad because I really believed both fighters wanted this fight to happen. The first issue was well there's different networks involved. So, there was a meeting held and, lo and behold, all the networks signed off and they found a way to do it," Arum said to Sky Sports.

"Now, Mr. Hearn got involved and he didn't want the fight to happen from the get-go, so he slow-played it. I've been in this business almost 60 years so I can tell when somebody doesn't want something to happen and then slow-plays a negotiation. Here, once the percentages were decided, there were no real issues. You could sit in a room for three hours and get everything finalized, but Hearn refused to do it. I think that was terrible on his part because I know Frank Warren and George, partners from Queensberry, were prepared to meet personally with Eddie and get everything worked out.

"I mean there were no issues, for a fight not to happen where there are no issues because one promoter doesn't want it to happen and is in a stalling position is to my mind reprehensible. I knew that Eddie would find a way to sabotage the fight. Now, I mean, isn't that ridiculous? 'Bob said the fight wouldn't happen, therefore it's not my fault'. What are you talking about? Get in a room with Frank Warren and his son George and work out the couple of issues that are really nothing and get the fight on. But, Eddie Hearn has nothing left really in his stable and he is clinging to AJ as his only potential attraction."

You're just a gullible Fury nuthugger.....

Big 6 feet 9 boxer convicted of PED use. Eats food, gains weight (no way), does illegal drugs.......uses mental health card as an excuse....

Some people fall for it, some don't!!!!

Nothing more to see......wake up.

Where is this nuhugger coming from, what part of the country are you from, never heard that insult before, seem something a child would say. Yep you know for 100% he had no mental health issues, if your fight predictions are anything to go by i reckon fury was gone even more mental then we know. Aj used to sell drugs ffs, haven't heard you mention much about that.

Drug abuse and heavy alcohol use are major indicators of mental health issues but hey the man who is always wrong on fury know best about fury.

It's not an insult at all. It's just a word to describe someone who will see no wrong..and in your case, someone who almost takes any Fury criticism, personally.

Anyway, you believe the mental health card, angle. I don't.

Big deal. I'd label it a man acting the maggot and misbehaving, breaking the law, whatever........

Move on.

yep we agree to disagree, furys record when he retires says enough, him and Marciano, not bad company.

Yes....agreed. Fury is the best, or one of the best of his era. That is all any fighter can be. And like I said weeks ago, there is still all to play for at HW for this era. Fury and Usyk, right now, are in the driving seats for me. But things can change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

to make light of his mental health struggles is bad form.

I don’t believe his mental health card claims. I believe he used it to try justify his behaviours. Not the first, and won’t be the last. So not at all bad form.

And I’m far from alone in not being automatically ready to excuse behaviours because someone uses a mental health reason/excuse.

Last week you where worried about Fury calling AJ a dosser on twitter because of AJ's mental health , this week your laughing at Fury for being open about mental health problems,

Life is though , life is hard,i ts suppose to be ,You can bet your house on anyone who ever lived having mental health issues at some stage of there life's, Some people deal with , other's don't but lets not make fun or laugh at those who can not cope,

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

if you watch his real interviews and the interviews of those around him you wouldnt be so flippant.

You need to educate yourself encase someone close to you ever has issues ,

Not sure if you have ever been involved in boxing or just watch form a distance but the sport is full of people who use it as outlet and to help cope with mental health & issues form childhood, , You see it at every level up & down the country & people form all walks of life,

I feel sorry for your friends & family if they ever start to exhibit self destructive behaviour & need help

Nobody is making fun of anyone, other than Fury publicly slagging people and belittling them online.

I just don't believe his claims that all his behaviors were just down to him having mental health issues

And, even if they were.....so what........? Own it!

Nobody is calling for Fury to be hung here. A poster asked when did he ever pull put of a fight. He got an answer, and he then replied that this was due to Fury's mental health issues. Issues I believe he used/contrived to explain his behaviors.

You believe his claims are genuine. I don't. Big deal. Why are you bothered?

And, finally. I don't disbelieve everyone who claims to be shrugging with mental health problems.

That is a terrible post, doubting someone’s mental health after they attempted to commit suicide is one thing but to share it on a public forum where it could impact others is poor form  

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

Fury has all the hallmarks of a guy with mental health issues. Particularly around the time of the Klitschko fight, he was so up and down in the build up to it. In his face offs with Wlad, one day he was in his face and manic, the next day he was shaking his hand with respect. Some people said it was mind games, but its was his mental health, possible bi polar issues. And to be fair, I do think it kind of psyched Wlad out a bit, how unpredictable he was.

Fury supposedly has 2 very distinct personas, the public and private. In public when the camera is on he is brash, overly confident, talkative, but the switch is hit in private. Self doubt, moodiness, maybe not even a nice man, but you can see his discomfort in certain situations. You will very rarely see him interacting with others in a natural way that veers far away from his pre planned script.

At the same time, these mental health issues are no excuse for his transgressions.

Laughing? Where are you pulling this?

I don't believe his claims. So quit making out that is me laughing at him...

Where did I mention AJ and his "mental health?" I asked what folks thought of someone online publicly slagging and trying to belittle people...Fury belittling and slagging AJ online

No issue discussing with you, but stick to facts and stop trying to make things up. Nobody laughed at Fury's meal health claims

• Advertisement

Attempted suicide? Have you something to back this up? Or is this just his saying it?

Saying that I don't believe all that Fury claimed as regards mental health struggles being responsible for his behaviors is not poor form at all.

Advertisement