Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭threeball

And its not just that they're losing them, as in blown up or incapacitated. Alot of these lost tanks are working and are being abandoned. The Ukrainians are actually using the tanks that were firing at them on Monday to fire at the Russians on Tuesday. It's a worst of all worlds situation for Russia

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Very interesting post. I'd read previously that the Wagners were called back from Bakhmut to assist elsewhere but did their own thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Maybe kim jong un can throw a tantrum and give us a break

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Command post of the Russian army near Liman"

General Lapin on the wire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

a certain nuclear power plant is only a few towns away from the liberators, will they make a B line toward it or toward Kherson?

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Advertisement

The Orcs are confirmed to have mined the first and second reactors of the ZNPP.

I think this comes from a Ukrainian inspector who I am assuming accompanied the IAEA inspection team.

Reckon they might bypass it, force russian forces to withdraw or be cut off. Better to have them run away than fight.

I saw a video of Ukrainian medics working on one of those POS, using forceps to retrieve a bullet or shrapnel from his side, while he was conscious.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Snihurivka in Kherson rumoured as being abandoned by the Russians.

Huge if true, this is one of the lynch pins of the Russian defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Both sides. Reality and fantasy. Facts and bullshít. Spherical earth and flat earth. Consuming information from "both sides" as you put it isn't always the best way to remain informed. If on the one hand you have facts that are backed up with evidence from one crowd and on the other you have absolute drivel that's contradicted by reality from another, the truth isn't somewhere in between. The trick to being informed is to use reliable sources and discard useless ones. You probably know this already, which is why you don't bother with both sides in the flat earth debate to get a fuller picture. This war needs the same basic idea as that to be understood. Listening to the side that's drunk and lying all the time can only make you less informed.

Regarding ns2, I don't know but I would want to know who said it and in what context and what they mean by sooner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

And use your brain if something sounds stupid it probably is. Take the moon landing They go to great pains to explain how they could not get there. Yet cant explain the laser measurement experiment and how you keep the entirety of nassa and the soviet unition quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭maebee

Appreciate your input here cnoc but have to say that I hate the term "Orcs". I despise everything about Russia but that word grates on me. A bit like the cnut word here. Call them what they are - invaders.

Sorry but nope, they are just like orcs. If the Vikings were kicking around today they would get that moniker too. Indiscriminate killing and mass rape. They really would make the nazis blush.

It's what the Ukrainians call them, along with rashists and other terms. They never call them Russians. Personally I am quite comfortable in taking their direction as to appropriate nomenclature, and feel they have several times over earned the right to define it.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Fastpud

Very good article detailing all the bad options facing Russian troops in Kherson

https://twitter.com/noclador/status/1577324136220839937?s=46&t=jXQrjt7DbAg1fMHzC-V13Q

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

That would be big alright

Ukraine forces would be at Inhulets nearer Kherson City if true

Loos like things are happening fast now in Kherson

Russian are routed again and on the run

Closing in on Beryslav and Kherson

As I said after the first big Ukrainian counter attack the wheels came off the russians. It really does seem they spent their time looting and drinking and not setting up any kind of credible defenses.

‼️The Lockheed Martin company brought a model of the M142 HIMARS installation to the exhibition of the ground forces' armaments, which is currently being held in Brisbane, Australia. To the question "Why so?" the representative of the company stated that all free copies are undergoing combat testing in Ukraine.

Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭farmerval

Putin has been the master troll for years. He has normalised brazen behaviour and I think he's been the poster boy for the likes of Trump and Orban etc. That he normalised having the Chechnans and the Wagner group committing atrocities for him, murdering opponents all over the world.

Destroying Putin is massively important, and possibly more important is to destroy the networks he built round the world, whose only role is to ferment trouble, support loons that will challenge the establishment and try and sow dissent of any kind throughout Europe and god knows where.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,533 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

"Putin just annexed Kherson, so he refuses to give it up... which means he has doomed all the Russian troops there to death."

A lot of Hitler 1945 vibes about this one.

Russia today? No. Their sister channel

For a laugh this what he said back in march. This is the most watched “news” channel in America folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,978 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Zelensky to Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭patnor1011

It is more of a parody at wokeism these days. Indo describes Musk in their article as:

Elon Musk is a very wealthy white guy. And very wealthy white guys believe they are entitled to weigh in on everything. Ideally, wealthy white guys would be ridiculed for this, and sometimes they are. But there are also times when their wealth and power allows them to force others to take them seriously. And that can be dangerous.

While other very wealthy white guys like Bill get a free pass when they offer their view take on world affairs. That is funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greenpilot

Good morning folks.

Any of you follow this guy? Ryan McBeth. Interesting and likable chap. Ex-tank killer from the US, and makes very good analysis most of the time.

This one is his latest and, like the Mark Felton piece which also looked at a similar scenario, is quite interesting. Worth a watch. The only thing glossed over would be UKs reaction. The British always have one, and now two, Subs at the ready, out at sea, each with up to 80 warheads.

Also, and the horse is definitely out of the stable here, Ireland's data-centres could potentially be a target.

On a personal note, coming from a military family, with some experience abroad in an aviation capacity, my heart breaks when I see what our armed forces have been reduced to. The PDFORRA conference was depressing and, from what I've read, we are losing while classes of recruits.

For example, one class went to work for a large multinational as part of their work placement. The Company was so impressed with their work ethic, that they bought out all their contracts, at €30000 each, and they left the army.

That's just Mr.Bean level of incompetence by all concerned.

We had a better armed forces when the Fouga Magisters and Marchetti warriors were flying in the 70's and 80's. For God's sake.

We even had a ship-based helicopter Squadron.

Anyway, I think we should consider ourselves to be a target, not that we can do anything about it. However, I know anecdotally that the Government is now under Immense pressure from the US and NATO, behind closed doors, to do something to protect our extremely strategic island in the Atlantic.

Mark my words, if we are all still around, our armed forces will be unrecognisable to us in 5-10 years.

https://youtu.be/FYWcgF4Wwog

I think a billionaire taking polls on how a war will end is pretty tasteless, particularly when he has influence simply by virtue of wealth. Gates simply has not done anything remotely comparable to how Musk is approaching it.

Anyway, I do want to raise that viewpoint that Musk is pushing.. Giving up of territories I can ignore but that line about Ukraine remaining "neutral" is more about removing a nations right to self determination. Anything that Putin views as western is a violation. So that would include joining NATO(which Russia were doing joint operations with until very recently) and joining the EU. So basically any guarantees of safety for Ukraine and economic progress is viewed as a violation of "neutrality". It's a bs line and rich dickheads pushing it is pretty abhorrent. Reminds me a bit of Henry Ford.

Irish citizen killed in action

Rory Mason, 23,Dunboyne, Co Meath was fighting in the International Legion for the Defence of Ukraine as part of the Ukrainian Armed Forces.

You don't have to like it ,

They have been called orcs early on and will continue to be called orcs till every last one has been anilated and all of Ukraine is liberated

Sorry if this is a basic question but why does Russia not have aerial superiority over Ukraine? You'd think they would be completely dominant and decisive. Is it the anti-aircraft weapons provided to Ukraine that are levelling the playing field?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

I do wonder if this guy is directly paid by russia ?

It is effective though. I have heard this theory that putin was actually provoked into this invasion/genocide on various US platforms and Americans believe it. They then go the Joe Rogan experience and recycle this theory and sound very adamant about, like they have the real truth and the main stream media isn’t given putin fair and balanced coverage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement