Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

You can build 3 custom minifigs for 6.99 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Cheers. Looks to be about same price as local Lego stores where I am (not EU). Although, when we got to the till with the 3 minifigs, in that plastic container thing, the person at the till told us if we dont want the plastic container then its half the price, 1,13 for each minifig, and you dont have to take 3 at a time. Then proceeded to put each minifig in its own little seal-able plastic bag anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Anyone know if the powered up battery box is the same dimensions As the older power functions box? The powered up version is sold out online everywhere but not the old power functions one? Want to motorise the new winter tram

Popped into shop on route to work to pick up Star Wars advent calendar and Holiday Main Street VIP early access supposedly till Oct 10th.

Staff at door when asked “oops we just put them on the shelf”. Suited me anyway

one big advantage of buying instore is that my points from this purchase went straight on and I could then use them to get money off that purchase……used all my few thousand points but a few needed sets secured

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭omri

Halloween GWP pack already sold out??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

That's mad I checked there and seems to be the case. The other set like that was there for nearly the entire mth of September

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭brianomc

I got it in the physical shop a few minutes ago if thats an option for you. Looked like they had plenty

As in the random Lego bits or ray the castaway? Loads of both in shop today.

Post edited by polydactyl on

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Big Lidl had Lego head-shaped storage boxes in Halloween design - a skull head and a pumpkin. I think €18.

New GWP set if you spend €170. Santa Front Yard. But pretty crap for the amount you need to spend if you ask me.

• Advertisement

It is but I spent 170 for Xmas present other day as I thought the desert island Ray set would sell out which it didn't. Would of been handy to get the set tomorrow with the double VIP points and those 2 sets I need to spend about another 180 so I might spend it tonight

Go to lego store and you might get the halloween pack too, and if you include ninjago set for €40 they’ll give you free ninjago crappy gwp too :)

Are double points on anything or particular sets only?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Yeah problem is I don't work in town at moment will be back in there from April onwards. 3 flower small sets so I think 36 for them for daughter for Xmas. Then 140 for star wars AT TE that's 140 for my son but I need to suss him out a bit later on as he was mentioning it for Xmas and has it circled in the Smyths catalogue

So double vip points on everything from monday ?

Seems to be the case doesn't seem to be restricted this time round

• Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Order placed for the Boutique Hotel. Double points. Castaway and Santa's Front Yard GWP. Lovely little crossover of a few incentives

Yeah the Santa's GWP is gone now. I didn't order my stuff in time had them in the basket last night but not 100% sure my son wanted the AT ET so held off. Probably should of bit the bullet, you done well. I think I will hold off and wait until another month as got the castaway GWP and the Halloween GWP this mth so will see what's on offer next mth or December if he still wants it then.

Prices in smyths are much lower than on legos website on certain sets. Not sure if the price you’ll get to pay on lego is worth the gwp and vip points…

Got my kid lego friends set for €100 in lego shop same set in smyths 65 I think… Ended up getting 2 large cups of pick a brick and the gwp but it cost me twice what I wouldve paid in smyths..

Ohh you definitely have to price around on sets. I would buy the majority of sets from argos smyths and amazon compared to lego store/site. Amazon sale starts tonight after midnight if people have prime. There maybe lego offers on sale come then.

• Advertisement

I bought over the 120 there on lego site just now. Even tho it's not advertised the spooky halloween pack was added into my basket when I was logged into my VIP account so just incase people are waiting for it to come back in stock it seems it is in there.

Not working for me, €120/€170 no gwp or halloween pack in the basket.

It was strange when I done it. When I put my stuff in the basket it only showed 5 items in it including the Ray castaway. But I came back to it 5 mins later and put it through again and 6 items appeared in my basket including the Halloween accessories pack. But wasn't in it 5 mins before and I was not expecting it as thought sold out a fair few days prior online. But as you see was included in mine below. Also ordered the star wars dark trooper helmet for myself there just can't see it in bottom of order.

Still double VIP points for a few more days. Castaway Ray is gone now but the Halloween polybag is back in stock and 3 in 1 gift also if you spend 100 or more on lego online or instore.

Do they have €170 gwp in the shop on grafton?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Got myself the F1 McLaren for my bday yesterday.

Its a great build. It is big. It has a lot of stickers to put on, which im not the best at. And nowhere to display it at the moment, but will figure out a space for it.

Opens for 2 days.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Lego store queues are still a thing for anybody wondering. Was looking forward to a browse just now and the store is packed, with about 20 to 30 people outside waiting to get in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

Maybe because of Midterm and all the horrible little children off school visiting?

Advertisement