Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

I also mounted the certs holder as high as possible, so as not to block that lovely clean dash line.🙂

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

if You do the toll daily, then don’t mount it just yet.

each time you drive through, hold it in the position you’d like to put it and see if it beeps.

If it doesn’t beep, don’t worry as your Reg will be enough to hit your toll tag account.

Then once it beeps in an obscure location that your happy with, stick it there.

I have heard of people saying it works from the arm rest.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Mounted here and never failed to beep, and and it’s not in the drivers eye line at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Virgil°

Tried the armrest idea this morning. No dice. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭JOL1

if you are concerned about affixing to the windscreen for aesthetics ...try just holding it up to screen when passing toll reader. Thats what I do and keep it in the central consol. If you are passing tolls several times a day this may not be appealing but for infrequent use is a practical solution. Its what I do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Ive done exactly the same, works perfectly. Still a shame to clutter up the clean minimalism on the M3 but oh well

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭eltoastero

Not a M3 owner here, but I've my eFlow tag stuck on the back of the Insurance / Tax disc holder (so bottom left corner of the dash from a drivers perspective) and it works fine. Given the Insurance / Tax disc holder are already there it's a fine solution (without adding clutter)

I'm assuming there's nothing odd about the M3 windshield in that corner that'll prevent the tag from being read.... but who know.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

Inventory is positively plush with Model 3s, both new and used. I wonder with wages shrinking and purchases slowing down, what are the odds of a price drop? Maybe if/when Germany starts producing Model 3s, even if only LHD? I am either getting either a new or used one next year, and can play the waiting game in the meantime. Great to see the car so available, and I see loads of them everyday now - it is no longer the niche elite machine. 54,263 EUR for silver RWD with 18" Aeros is still a bit much.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

aesthetics, just buy a cheap black spray paint and spray the "driver visible" portion of the toll reader

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Good idea. Spray both sides though. You’d never notice it inside or out then.

Stay Free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 TesAj

@mc2022B2TF just wanted to weigh in here and share my September 2022 M3 RWD trip readings. I have noticed on a number of occasions that I am only getting a usable capacity of 52kWh. See my image attached of one of these occasions. Started at 100% ended in 50%. I had a small stop half way. No AC but second trip was at night so headlights on. None the less not happy. Definitely something going on here in regards to trapped or hidden 5kWh. Have you contacted Tesla on this matter since your first confirmation from their technician about the usable capacity ?. From others here it does seem to be widespread and only for Recent deliveries !. I have a visit booked in with Sandyford this Friday so will be discussing this with them myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mc2022B2TF

Hi!

Yes I have reopened my previous conversations with them and hope to have a phonecall with them tomorrow.

I believe they are genuinely going to try and get to the bottom of it as I think they were unaware of any issue and have been blindsided.

I will share the outcome of my call on here.

If you want to DM me your reg I can use it as an example. Some others have done this and I will discuss the differences hopefully tomorrow.

Although more useful are those that are showing 55kwh + and delivered in September. These are the cars I want tesla to compare to mine and explain the reason for the differences.

It's definitely an issue anyway and has been commented on the Facebook page too at this point. Although the inspiration came from here.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

For buyers of new Teslas including M3 from this October

https://www.tesla.com/support/transitioning-tesla-vision

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Not sure if I asked this before but god bless the search, has anyone with a 2022 RWD bought or installed the Hansahow audio upgrade kit to enable the additional 4 speakers up front? Looks to be straight forward enough and the kit looks to be < €100 so I think worth a gamble?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭wassie

Read the charging section in the owners manual above all else and you wont go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TesAj

@mc2022B2TF Yes I must give it to you, you highlighted it just before I picked up and I was and am only aware of it thanks to you sharing it here. Will send you a DM now. Cheers. I will try ask on Friday too.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

The move by Tesla to go down the camera-only route in place or radar and ultrasonic sensors is not a good one for Ireland...

This tech will probably work fine in California or other countries with a lot of good weather but not for here.

This morning for example on my way to work:

Basic cruise control would not work because the front camera was 'blinded'...

Auto wipers were not working properly for the same reason and it was a pain in the bum to be changing from setting 1 to 2 to 3 manually..

Auto lights are on manual all of the time now as they are rubbish

Not good - all 3 are basic and worked perfectly on my previous car. I want to love the car but it is not meeting me half-way here....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

We bought a second hand mk 1.5 leaf recently as a second car and it's so nice to have reliable automatic wipers again. They don't support "fuzzy logic" but they just work regardless of the type or rain or shadows. And, as usual, we gave the automatic high beams benefit of doubt after recent software upgrade and the first bl**dy car that came by got blinded and flashed us. So off they went again.

But on the positive side the "full throttle" on the leaf is comical and the steering feels like manoeuvring a steamer around corners so not all is bad in the Tesla world, lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Anyone here using off-peak charging with a Zappi?

We've added a Model 3 to our "fleet" in addition to our classic Ioniq (28 kWh) recently, and the off-peak charging on the Model 3 is really weird. I'm wondering if something is set wrong.

When we plug in the Ioniq in the evening, set up for charging overnight, the lights come on the dash, and on the Zappi unit, and then everything goes quiet, basically until the charge start time rolls around at midnight.

However when I do the same with the Model 3, the Zappi lights up all night, going from "charging" to "charging stopped" and you can hear what are presumably the HV contacts for the M3 battery kicking on and off, nearly every minute.

Once the charge time comes around, the charge runs successfully, but is there any way to get the thing to be quiet in the meantime? Also, if I'm plugging in at 9 in the evening and the charge kicks off at 12, then you're looking at those contacts kicking in and out about 180 times, which surely has to shorten the life of some component or other.

Any thoughts?

Do u have "scheduled charging" also enabled for your home location I the car and/ or tesla app?

If not then there may be some conflicts between the car and the charger where the car thinks it can charge but the zappi thinks otherwise.

Just a thought.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I have Z2 and 2022 M3 also so quite similar. The M3 has quite vocal contactor cycling (as EV owner of Model S and Leaf previously and Kona currently) but it's only on initial connection, not every few minutes.

I have nothing scheduled on the Z2, all scheduling is on the EV side to avoid any potential conflict.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

If you have a smart meter check out the Electric Irl rate that has Day, Night and Boost. Boost costs 9.2c per kWh (Oct 1st price, incl VAT) and is available from 2am to 4am. I have set up my charger for those 2 hours and plug the car in every night.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Solved, it does not

I asked Bjorn to test a newer SR+ (i know its left hand drive but still)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bmb1rUhS8dg&t=115s

Interesting stuff indeed and backing up what i have been saying.

I spoke with tesla again today and not a satisfactory response - i am putting together a new thread on the issue later this evening just so it can have its own home and not be clogging up this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭gallagheri

Awesome test by Bjorn

He drove 52km after 0%. That is 10% of the WLTP?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,939 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Bjorn's video is very interesting. 7kWh energy buffer below 0.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

Have to say, I've a M3 on order and I'm not happy. 1. Its a safety concern 2. There will be no park assist until they have figured out the software needed for slow parking with close objects. Thats insane and just a ridiculous removal from a 54k car. Will Tesla pay for any bumps and scratches in the meantime?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

I suppose you could cancel the order and seek a deposit refund based on changes they are making after you ordered the car.

Stay Free

Advertisement