Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Woke up extremely dizzy this morning. I think I may have broken my ears trying to fix them. Ugh.

Dunno how people with vertigo even exist. It's horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Have you tried the Epley manoeuvre for vertigo ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Never heard of it but I'll give it a go if the dizziness persists. It's eased off for now thankfully. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Epley manoeuvre is so simple and effective

TA at the rain

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I always keep a pair of socks in my drawer at work just for this reason.

Weather TA myself - I went for a run earlier and wore my running rain coat. It didn't even rain so all that extra sweating for nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 25,296 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Bit of extra cash this month so picked up a few of my favourite aftershaves … just noticed the receipt and was about to throw it out when I noticed I was overcharged for one by 15 euros….95 euros vs the 80 euros which I remember the sticker on the shelf saying…they were in a glass display the employee had to open on request to acquire said bottle…either the box for the aftershave has an incorrect sticker and barcode or the barcode is programmed into their system incorrectly or the staff member / business is taking the piss…

• Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I am surrounded by idiots (again)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

It was nice and sunny here all morning so hung some washing out, it was nearly dry so said I'd leave it out for another while then of course it absolutely lashed rain

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Having had a dragged out stressed day, I arrive home to find sib got a letter about his entitlements and he needs to work backwards to find the information he needs. He of course cant remember anything about it and is ratty with me when I try to calculate it going backwards(though my memory is dodge on this as well)

FFS its been almost 20 years since the end of the job, could it not wait till I have a cuppa or when we both have a good night's sleep. TATATA

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I think I'll keep an extra pair in my backpack in case that ever happens again. It was mainly because I was out walking the mutt in the rain yesterday eve. I stuffed loads of paper from the bathroom into the runners to soak up the moisture.

This eve's TA is that the traffic is utterly sh!te along the Swords bypass and along the Corduff road. It'll be a long crawl home on the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,296 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Practically every sporting event that now has to begin with a minute’s silence or two minutes silence which is now a thing, often for tragic events that happen thousands of miles away and have no tangible connection to either sports team involved, or anyone connected with the fixture….. just… fûcking… play… not everything we enjoy in the world of sport or elsewhere has to be politicised or made into a social reference point before play can start..….give it up.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

If I never hear the phrase 'collective bargaining' again it'll be too soon..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Wrecked tired ans it's only Wednesday.

I managed to fall over in my house and now I feel like I am 100 years old. It was the dog’s fault as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Drivers who brake before they indicate.

Also, people who clearly watch House of the Dragon (or any programme, really) with their heads in their phone and then ask a million idiotic questions afterwards. Watch it properly or not at all, FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭CGI_Livia_Soprano
    Holding tyrants to the fire

I know it’s a week later but I’d love to know what this post has to do with Irish-trained foreign doctors leaving after graduation (and paying through the nose for the privilege), particularly the part about being fluent in her native tongue and excellent communication skills.

Not annoying at all to see innocent TAs being challenged by the holier then holy brigade.

Now where is my walking aid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Didn't sleep well last night so decided to have an early night.

Went into kitchen shortly before 10pm and decided to empty dishwasher before going up.

When I was putting away a cup, I knocked a glass dessert bowl of the shelf and it fell. Normally it would hit the tiled floor. Easy enough to clean up.

Unfortunately the saucepan drawer was still open so it landed in there with shards of glass going everywhere - into every saucepan and lid. Had to take out every single item of delph, carefully check it, remove all the glass, wash it by hand, sweep out the drawer, run the hoover etc.

Have just finished almost 90 minutes later.

If only I had gone upstairs and left the dishwasher for tomorrow......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Yay, the spammy/scammy/borderline NSFW anime ads are back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Rte radio one. Regularly will be interviewing someone at 25 past 8 in the morning

Then with the news at 8:30 lead with the story of the interview.. Minister for x or CEO of x said bla bla bla and then play a portion of the interview

FFS, I literally heard what he said 30 seconds ago, you don't need to play it again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Tore the knuckles off myself grating carrots and ginger 😫

(On the up side, I now have a most scrumdiddlyumptious carrot/walnut/stem ginger cake for tea...)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Realising you didn't really do much this year with your life. In fact, it was the same as last year when we were in lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Met a real life in the flesh "anti-vaxer covid is a lie" scroat this evening. Proceeded to tell me how vaccine were killing people and covid is all nonsense.

Bit of a jump from hello, have you got component x? But I kid you not, it was almost that quick

Alas, he was duly charged the "Youre a **** dose" surcharge of 20% and sent on his way.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When you over share with somebody.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

When the rain starts in this country, everything else slows to a crawl. I should have arrived in Dorset Street 10 minutes ago but the bus is still stuck in Santry. Also, the upstairs condensation in the windows is so bad that I have to use Google Maps to find out exactly where I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Trip to Portugal over. Weather has been lovely and warm for walking the Camino. When I get home this evening I will have to bleed all my radiators before I turn on the heating.

On a happier note Porto airport is one of the more pleasant ones I've been in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Groups of young wans who decide the moment a plane starts boarding and the queue begins to move is time to stop and do a group selfie. Their photo will have lots of people skipping ahead behind them. Including me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

People in work complaining about being busy today !

If you werent p***ing around the other 4 days you might not be as busy you know

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement