Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

Interesting to see various comments on the video indicating that the buffer on the M3 LFP is variable and the buffer will reduce when the BMS is fully calibrated. No idea if this is true or not but it would be good getting official answer from Tesla.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭wassie

I have a SR+ 2021 Refresh model (202 reg) that has Ultrasonic Sensors (USS) and I havent yet upgraded to Tesla Vision (still on 2022.20.8).

You can have my car now in return for your order plus €5K - everybody wins right?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

Removing the proximity sensors seems crazy to me.

I agree, You would expect the combination of cameras, radars and ultrasonic sensors would be superior to just cameras alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Moreilly

I've a 221 model 3 and live in the countryside, when I drive at night I get a constant camera blinded or blocked as it's or itch black outside, or when the sun is low to the side I get the same occasionally, how will they use vision under these circumstances? ffs they still haven't sorted the basics like wipers and auto high beam........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mc2022B2TF

I get the same every time I drive when it's dark. And the auto wipers are beyond useless. They come on when there is no rain and not enough when it's raining. I wouldn't mind that if the controls were not on the touchscreen but they are. Sensors for now are better than vision for that but the only hope I have is that at least with software updates it can only improve.

It's going to become more obvious now in wintertime. So complaints will rise.

Problem is the more recent models have zero radar so we are stuck with this until then.

As a human being sometimes your feel is better than your sight. It's literally taking the sense of touch or feeling away. God gave us multiple senses in addition to sight for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,939 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Yes I think so too. The comments here too indicate to me different experiences for each car/user.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Damn was about to offer the same. Mine is 201 so I'll offer you mine for 2.5k plus your new one 😁

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

FWIW I rarely charge to 100% but did so last night, EPA range on car is 431kms, was 433kms new in March. I should have taken battery percentage reading to figure out battery size but never dawned on me

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Would this be the impact of cooler weather as we head into winter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

My wife managed to scratch the underside of the front underside black plastic while pulling into the driveway 😮‍💨 as I imagine this won't be the last time, anyone know what the rough cost of replacement of that part is? I'm not sure what it's called but it's That black bumper like plastic that runs along the bottom front. She also scrapped the mudflap pretty bad but that's whatever to me.

Yeh I hope so too. Perhaps Tesla will move more of the FSD tech over and enable the matrix lights or something to ensure a comparative experience but these things take time 😞 it could be a step back in the interim. At least they are not disabling ultrasonic sensors for those cars equipped with them…for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

Just from looking at your pic, would you actually be able to see those scratches without getting under car? I personally wouldn't bother replacing unless was hanging off..😊

Oh definitely not just thinking long term as i anticipate her getting a few more scuffs and scratches over time 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

You could but essentially as they haven't the software ready at present its simply a price grab and its sharp practice. I wonder if the EU will be happy with it - will the safety rating be considered incorrect.

Why would I want a secondhand car when I was purchasing a new one?

Wondering how the front camera will work for close objects as its in the windscreen with none in the front bumper?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Sarcasm radar off today?

Maybe because the second hand car is superior to the newer ones 🤣🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mc2022B2TF

Did I read it correctly that newer models may be delivered with no park assist? Really?

That's mental. Really interesting to see how front assist will work without sensors

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Maybe Tesla removed the Sarcasm Radar and replaced it with a camera (with auto High Beams and Wipers) 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

After 4 weeks of ownership, i am really enjoying the car, happy that i went for the Model 3 and not hold out for the EV6.

Its so easy to drive, makes a big difference to the commute, only really appreciated it this morning when i took the wife's car to work.

There are few things that are annoying though.

the Wireless charging of the phones is almost useless, have a pen at the bottom of the pad, so that the phone is further up, still doesnt start charging straight away. and when it does it only puts a ~20% battery on my 45min Commute, have resorted to a USB cable for when the battery is low. in my last car, i never had to charge my phone at home, i'd charge on the way into work, and that would last me the day, and then charge on the way home and that would last me till the next morning.

The Spotify interface isnt great(more so for the Podcasts, it doesnt show which episodes you have and have not listened to(if it does, i havent noticed) and I was listening to an episode the other night, and when i got into the car the next morning, it started it from the beginning instead of continuing. it does know though, because when it finishes the latest episode, it always tries to jump back to the end of an earlier episode that i had stopped listening to with 5min to go.

The other annoying thing is that i have set my Home and Work locations, but it doesnt seem to pick up when i am there. When I charge, it near always marks it as "other" for the stats. Once it marked a session at work as "Work", and the next time even at the same charger it was down as "other" I have even charged on a charger that inside the building, and it didnt think i was at work. the stats thing isnt the end of the world, but it means that Sentry mode is active all the time, i have resorted to manually turning it on and off which is a pain, as i'll forget some day and itll be off when i need it.

I have set the addresses using both the eircode and also by dropping a pin on the map and its the same. i know at home, it thinks the eircode is in the estate behind, and it routes you in there on the navigation, its the same on google maps, but the house location is right, and you would think it would work off proximity to the point.

They are really 1st world problems, and not the end of the world, my biggest problem at the moment is that my Wife has taken a shine to the car :D

Spotify app is real rubbish, constantly hangs, doesnt list full playlist. Probably more a Spotify than a Tesla thing, though. The Android app is also pretty bad compared. Ive resorted to just using Bluetooth audio most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,939 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I have similar issues with the sentry mode. If you switch it off at a location, not in the menu, but by tapping the red circle when you park, it will remember to turn off there. It doesnt pick up "home" for me unless I park at my charger which of course I dont always do. I usually park the other side, and once I tapped the red circle there once, to turn off sentry, it remembers that.

The spotify app isnt perfect but it's usable for me at least.

Can't say I have an issue with the wireless charging either, although I have an older iPhone Xr so the battery is smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Thanks for the Tip on Sentry mode, will try that,

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭speedfreak

Anyone having issues with squeaky windows? My drivers side one is annoyingly squeaky when lowering or raising. Not so bad when dry but very squeaky when has been raining.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Yes, you need to replace the lubricant on the rubber seals.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Driving up the M1 about 20 minutes ago and the car suddenly limited my speed to 91km/h. No warning at all. I was overtaking a heavily laden truck and luckily I got past him and was able to do so safely.

Had to stop at the toll, get out of the car and lock it, then get back in to "reset" it.

Strange and not a safe thing to have happened. Thankfully it was on the motorway and I wasn't passing on an N road.

Advertisement