Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I personal know someone who has spent a lot of time around Tyson & his family & will do in the future ,

I can assure you Tyson ended up in hospital due to his mental health he had proper break down like he says in his car ,

He's had a long battle with mental health issues since a teen ,

Go watch him hi post Wlad or even on the round table for Wlad two , the guy has had & will probable for his entire life have mental issues,

You have to remember all his behaviour was self destructive it was all self harm , A professional athlete who is world champion does not end up in the psychical shape he did at that age without server issues .

• Registered Users Posts: 55,633 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Well, here's the thing.....what did he do that was so bad, anyway.....?

he did PEDs, ate food (gained weight), drank alcohol and did illegal drugs.....

No idea why mental health had to be even considered. It's not ike some lad breaks into a home and murderess someone and then uses me mental health as an excuse. Fury was just living his life.

No need for any excuses.....just own it.

He's no different than half the world today. There always has to be some mental health struggle thrown in.

And lastly, I can't see why anyone would be offended because some people don't automatically believe everything someone says about their "mental health," when it is used to explain/justify behaviours.

Your coming across like a bit of a loon

So in your head someone has to do something bad to have mental health issues ? WTF are on about,

The lad has suffered with mental problems for years, He came apart after he beat Wlad & spiralled into self hate & depression

You've always come across as a contrarian but to go down this road your going just wrong ,

Whatever. I thought he played up the mental health angle, you don't think he did...Again, no idea why me disagreeing with you irritates you. Nothing contrarian at all.

And I don't appreciate being called a "loon" because we disagree here.....

I see matchroom fight Benn has tested positive for banned substances but aul Eddie happy to go ahead with the fight, Same when Whyte tested positive v Rivas but when Miller tested positive v AJ Eddie said nobody should work with him again

Can't believe a word out of the chaps mouth ,

• Advertisement

Yep, he's nearly as bad a spoofer/contradiction as owl Fury, is Eddie!

I didn't call you a loon i said your coming across as one ,sorry if i offend you but in my opinion our comment's on mental health are utterly daft ,

Fair enough. We disagree. But we'll keep it civil.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

There's a saying comes to mind reading this thread lately:

"Never argue with an idiot because they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Eddie and ajs puppet, around 10-11 minutes, fury only fights twice a year at best says bellew and then he says i tried to fight every 6 months , about as intelligent as aj. What a dope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

I’m not sure which side of the fence I’m on when it comes to fury’s mental health issues. I think almost everyone goes through crises from time to time. Some fall under and don’t come out of it sadly. Some get through it themselves and some need help. Fury’s own seem to have fallen at a convenient time when he was failing a drugs test anyway. (I think)

no doubt things spiralled on him and he hit that weight gain etc. since he’s come back he looks very in check and that’s good.

in the docu he made he just sniffed out some man who obviously had problems and took him for a run. Superman stuff. That’s BS. I’m troubled by someone who claims to have been affected so badly by mental health set up such a ridiculous scenario and I wonder at the motivations. I didn’t like the belittling and taunting of wilder and now Joshua either. He may have had awful problems sure but if he had then that suggests he hasn’t learned all that much compassion.

i don’t think Walshe is making light of the mental health issues and to suggest his loved ones may be victimised by his ignorance is out of line. His opinion is based on context. He’s allowed to say he doesn’t buy it and defend that stance. Those attacking are using unhelpful language like loon and “commit suicide” let’s leave that out. None of us is bullet proof

An excellent common sense balanced post. I stand by my view that he played the mental health card here, or at least exaggerated it. Nobody is laughing or belittling anyone, either as some posters have suggested.

The only belittling and digging was by the very man that should (after his claims of suffering with mental health issues) have known better. You hit the nail on the head regarding learning compassion.

Imagine people believe this fella whenis a he says it's Furys fault the AJ fight ain't happening,

Constant lies from him

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

on what basis are you making out that an elite sports person put on 10 stone and took a 3 year hiatus abusing drink and drugs wasn’t due to some form of breakdown, so you think he just did it for the crack.

i don’t agree with either of you and while the other post is worded less offensively it amounts to the same thing.

Looks like karma for eddie if benn is cancelled after he essentially put a stop to Joshua fighting fury. Couldn't happen to a better guy, delighted.

Thats all fair enough but when someone makes a comment that

"Well, here's the thing.....what did he do that was so bad, anyway.....?He did PEDs, ate food (gained weight), drank alcohol and did illegal drugs.....

No idea why mental health had to be even considered"

It makes the assumption somebody has to do something bad to have mental health issues which is talk that's gone out since the Dinosaurs & is not helpful, We don't know the age demographic here and what people reading this are going through

So i believe people have every right to pull him up & says that kind of talk is wrong & nonsense,

I don't want to derail the thread as it's one of the better ones, He is also a good poster, but it's ok to call each other out respectfully for comments,

Personally I don't think it was Eddie I think it was AJ coaching team & management company but as AJ promoter Eddie has to make it look otherwise

Dunno man, hes hearns cash cow. Either way its a good day today to see hearn scramble.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Bad few days for Eddie then .

Who says he did illegal drugs and put on weight for the craic?

I have no idea why he did what he did, and I don’t care. I simply believe that he played up/exaggerated the mental health angle to justify/explain his behaviours. To me it was just a man behaving a certain way. Plenty people use excuses to explain certain behaviours. Big deal.

Doesn’t mean we automatically take their reasons and excuses as genuine, sincere and true.

People need to quit taking offence for differing views.

• Advertisement

Eddie know about Ben for two weeks

Makes sense now why Eubank Senior came out last week saying everyone should boycott the fight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

Hearn will do whatever brings in the money. The likelihood is AJ fighting Fury will finish his career. Eddie wants to roll his out against a few domestic lads yet. Bring in some coin.

Hearn's carry-on today has been shocking. He is a blight on sport.

With all the talk of mental health I see Eubank Senior had only been discharged from facility today

• Registered Users Posts: 12,093 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Thank ****, they are actually having a good week! This seems a total waste of Dubois's time and not good for the health of Browne.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,331 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Not sure what his age has to do with it when he’s the same age as Ortiz who’s allegedly 43

The internet isn’t for everyone

Lucas Browne is an Aussie national level fighter. He won a decision and a belt against a 45-year-old James Toney almost ten years ago. He is past it. The last few years, Hearn wheeled him out for various fighters as a steppingstone and to make a quick little earner. Also, Browne has failed more drug tests than you could shake a stick at.

The boxing board didn’t say he was past it they said it’s due to his age, if he passes the fitness test required to fight then that’s all that should be needed, boxing is more about politics than fighters these days and I’m guessing someone didn’t get their brown envelope (pardon the pun).

browne may not be a great boxer but he’s a prize fighter and he wants to get paid for his craft and I think he’s right to be annoyed.

dubois vs Bryan was a terrible fight and Bryan is way past his best at only 33

A Dr UZ who is associated with boxers in the U.K. has today deleted all his socials and website, there’s some big names on this list including fury and his specialty is testosterone replacement therapy

https://web.archive.org/web/20221004160919/https://doctoruzmedical.com/

Absolutely does have a right to earn his crust. (that said, do you have a right when you've failed a lot of tests... that's problematic for me.)

But neither Hearn or Warren should be putting a 43-year-old national fighter in against a top-notch opponent approaching their prime with savage knockout power. It's bullsh*t.

Browne has been looking gassed in 6 rounders.

• Advertisement

I’ve seen worse mismatches… Dubois has done nothing of note yet..

Advertisement