Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 23 Ultimate Team Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Back up now.

Pitch notes saying they've "improved dribbling" for players with lower dribbling stats.

The return to the norm of spinning players begins :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

All my 30 players sold probably due to to downtime a nice amount of coins made.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I really hope they don't tinker too much with it, it really does feel like the meta is different this year, or at least, non-meta players are far more viable.

Packed UT Casemiro from the 83+ but it doesn't seem like there's anything worthwhile to put him into right now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Started the 10 hour trial about 5 hours through it. It's decent so far, but that's usually how it starts out before they patch it.

Mainly played squad battles to get some objectives and easy packs done.

I'm hearing a lot about lengthy players this year. Have they done away with pace now and made it a fairer game where the likes of Lewa, Kane and slow centre back beasts are useable?

Kane is definitely usable this game. I've seen him quite a few times.

I would say the game overall is a lot slower. Even fast players can't really do the daft supersonic runs with endless skill moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭PGE1970

I have 160k coins but no team other than untradeable OTW Schlotterbach & Lucas Hernandez!

So I have a chance to start a new team.

Any suggestions as to what league, any particular players for that budget?

Cheers!

Anyone used Peter Crouch yet? I’m dying to try him out but he’ll probably be nerfed into oblivion by the time I can afford him. I just really want to replicate what Showdown Weghorst brought to the team last year, if only I could transfer him into this game, he’d be quite literally unstoppable. 😂

Serie A doesn't have the most exciting cards, but it's the best bang for your buck. Something like this is currently about 168k:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Ginola winner in my first game of qualifiers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭PGE1970

Might start replacing some of my sales with IFs now, they sell to lazy buyers all the same AND have potential to jump in price with SBC requirements

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Avon8

Yeah plenty in drafts. Way quicker and more agile than you'd expect, albiet every card feels similar pace thid year. Similar enough to Haaland tbh, I wouldn't hesitate

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

3 preview packs brought me in 80k.. not half bad. Luis Diaz, Foden and 2x Klostermann. Used points to purchase them as I still haven’t spent any of the pre-order points… this weekend I’ll have to splash them all, RTTK coming and leaks have Messi + Valverde so far.

ah, I see the annual IF Maddison that is the perfect card for If trading had arrived early this year 😂 Smalling too. Lovely stuff. Both should be cheap this weekend after rewards.

The game has finally clicked for me tonight. I’ve had to change my from my stalwart 3-5-2 from pretty much every FUT but I’m starting to get results now and scoring some lovely team goals. Love how creativity is finally being rewarded in the game at the minute, I know it won’t last because the patches will ruin the game like every year, but it’s very enjoyable at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Got demolished in the WL qualifiers! 🙈

Well, first game I was 3-1 up and the connection went after 60 minutes - game didn't count. Second game was 2-2 and I had a penalty in the last minute, my opponent pulled the plug - game didn't count. 🙄

Lost 5 in a row then and was gifted a win in game number 6 so I'm 1-5 and need to win 3 of my last 4 to make it in. No chance really.

I'm in division 5 in Rivals and found the standard to be way, way better than what I'm facing in that. I didn't come across any teams that were much better than mine on paper, but some of my opponents were really excellent players.

Last year it took me a few weeks to make it in IIRC and then it was plain sailing from there, so it's probably just a matter of waiting for more of the player base to have enough qualification points to enter, to get easier game.

Might sell my team up tomorrow as I'll make a nice profit and then buy back over the weekend for cheaper.

An outrageously expensive 80 rated card but he's sure to get upgrades and he links with both Ronaldo and Ginola so I'll make the investment

1 win off Div6, tried to sneak it in this morning but couldn't get the win.

Picked option 2 with rewards but gonna keep them for RTTK, even though I already know I'm not packing anything decent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,118 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

what fomation Marty

as predicted by AWEC i have caved, i need to quit the game cycle earlier i think next year rather than play through the summer.

Otw Bergwijn only thing of note in my rewards.

And they still haven’t fixed the bloody Libretores walkout issue, cause he wasn’t the walk out, a random 70 rated card was. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 20,118 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

shortage of lazy buyers at the moment 😥

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Midweek mornings aren't great for lazy buyers, too many kids in school to buy your cards

Bad time of the week to be doing it.

Didn't even last 2 weeks! 😁

I'm running 433-4 at the moment. It's going alright.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I replaced Calvert-Lewin in my front line with Firmino and in the 4-3-3 (2) and slick passing im scoring goals for fun with all 3 front players. Its a massive step up on last years 4-3-3 (2) the only specific instruction I use then is full back attack, cb'c stay back with the cdm also staying back, width is the default but high line I pushed up 8 higher. Scoring a lot of nice bicycle kicks and volleys with early crosses now too :)

Qualified for WL, think this will be the team I take in

Already turning into a good sales day for me

• Advertisement

@BrentMused you going for the Di Natale card this year? I think I got him in November last year.

Sitting at the 1million+ mark right now.

Advertisement