Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Was just browsing. But my God, that sounds shocking for anytime, but I'd hope Monday would have been quieter. I think they are trying to scare people away from hospital at this stage. All those billions and we get this.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Really sorry to hear of your A&E strife, Sardi. 😞

Dealing with the HSE is at times exasperating and you have to fight to get either yourself or your loved one in need looked after properly. Far too many in admin and far too few in the front line where they are badly needed. I've witnessed the horrors of a criminally under-resourced A&E dept many times myself in the past.

Glad to hear your dad's doing better today.

Busy day today working from home myself.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Jaysis sitting listening to people self congratulate is tiring

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Me me me , it's all about me, I'm so wonderful and do everything better than everyone else. There's lots of that kind of people around unfortunately.

Cat was fed. He doesn't know I got a text to say so. So he's playing up to me hoping for double dinner.

Bin night tonight.

Haven't had my own dinner yet.

Really feels like October now.

If I was Blur I'd write a song about Modern Life Being Rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

Christ on a bike, @Sardonicat , what were the doctors thinking with that particular stunt of theirs? Glad to see that your dad is feeling better now. Those "Demi-gods in white", as the semi-derogatory nickname for doctors in Germany goes, really think they're above scrutiny some time. I saw it a few times during my recent stint in hospital, even though the nurses themselves were simply amazing. I guess I was just lucky not to be on the receiving end myself!

Anyway first day back at work done, 1200+ emails sorted and work for tomorrow lined up. Could do with a lottery win if I'm honest, especially since I just got my utility bill...😱😱😱

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,065 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Watching Friends and Alex Baldwin is in it playing a character called Parker. He SO reminds me of my brother in law. ! Absolute twit, and I know he’s on boards because despite claiming to do incapable of using the internet he left his laptop open on his boards homepage

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Long long long long ass day. Back up at seven. What am I even doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,165 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Hang in there @Gremlinertia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Thought we all did that? lol... I keep a cover/dress by the door in case anyone comes to the gate or I need to go out. Else long nightdress and hooded fleece - and socks- it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Ah cats! Masters ( and mistresses) of manipulation! Wonderful critters... _ The one here who was the most neglected cat ever is now the most accomplished ....blackmailer ,,,, ever. FEED ME AGAIN OR I WILL HOWL ALL NIGHT.. Of course I always do...

Running a time tracker here in my desktop to see where I'm spending my time in work as I was berated for wasting time.

Now, if they ask me to do anything that's not planned like all the shite that currently happens for free ... they can f off.

They want robots ..

They get robots

Bowser, good on you.

I'm tableside with a latte and a litre of water listening to delegates blah blah etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Absolutely! I did my stint in a call centre in my 20s where you had to log your p1ss breaks.

Got questioned one day why I took so long. I graphically explained that the time of the month was causing me to spend prolonged time in the facilities on that day.

I lasted not much longer in that "regime".

To thine own self be true

They do planning here and only include stuff for the items they are interested in.

Everything else is ignored. Like training, meetings, recruitment, support,

... humour, daylight, laughing, jokes,

They want battery hens.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I hate those things.

There's always one team member that zooms through work leaving a trail of mistakes in their wake, who gets praised for hitting deadlines

Then there's the other team mate that goes slowly and carefully leaving everything perfect with no further action ,who gets a dressing down for being slow.

Soul destroying

• Registered Users Posts: 10,165 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

New location and new friends

These birds used to be counted in their millions, but an increase in water levels forced them to find new lakes. Really shows how finely balanced our eco-system is.

That looks like Ireland before the humans killed everything, ripped up the forests and put down roads, farms and shopping malls

😝

• Advertisement

Oh Jesus, that reminds me of my time at Apple. Spend more than thirty seconds too long on the loo and you'll have a message waiting from the coordination team asking you what was going on. They actually gave me hell one time because I was the first to respond to a medical incident on the floor and went over my break time! Thankfully, my manager had my back in this case and tore the coordinators a new one!!!

Me thinking of clocking off for the weekend tomorrow

Homeward bound. I do feel like a dog crossing the states or Canada or wherever that movie was 😂

That's the one, I'm the gormless boxer one 😊

Battling with the End of Quarter Workloads here and likely headed for overtime. Picked one hell of a time to go back to work.

For the Wordle fans I offer ... Swordle!

Okay, that last panel is utterly terrifying 😂🤣

• Advertisement

I am super anxious, cranky and tired. I have not been getting out much these past few weeks. Definitely need to get back to a routine.

Advertisement