Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Fights **Mod note: Keep discussion to fight night threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56,236 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Owl Eddie not happy with BBBoC

If BBBoC are aligned with UKAD, why not go with their testings and results? Stand over the body you’re aligned to. BBBoC are no better here. They knew about the result weeks ago, and now are trying to come across all right and proper..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

There's too much dirty money and money laundering involved in boxing for cheating and drugs to ever go away. It's riddled with it. You'd feel the tell all book can't be far away but - unlike say cycling, the danger of those ultra-violent criminals/gangs bank rolling the sport will mean you're endangering your life and family if you write such a book and it's unlikely to happen.

He has no concern for boxers. Uses em' like cows. The way Dave Allen was rolled out to the slaughter against guys with ten times his ability and experience, again and again, (because he had a chin), was an utter disgrace. If that guy has brain issues in the future, Hearn is to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I'm not 100 % sure but I know in 2009 it's was founded for the upcoming 2012 Olympics, but So maybe the BBBofC got on board for support, and possibly paid to who knows,

I know Wada been around since 2000

UKAD know more than we do important stuff, Like say there was a week or more between they tested and VADA did leaving a window for the doping to happen,

They also know the findings mean he was cheating even if they didn't catch him,

It is bizarre that all parties kept there mouth **** till it got leaked,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

I'm getting confused by the lads who know what they're talking about here, sorry.

The substance in Benns system, is used as a masking agent, or that there was only a small amount of it because he used a masking agent? As a poster above said, if in doubt, leave it out. I remember at a presser, post Wilder fight maybe, Lee handed Fury a bottle of water, to which fury asked who gave it/where Lee got it, then refused it.

This was Benns biggest fight so far, and whilst I don't particularly like either, I was looking forward to it :(

In Benn’s case here the whole if in doubt leave it out probably doesn’t apply..the substance, from what I have read is not something that accidentally enters your body.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭darrenw5O94

Why don't they tell the public exactly what drug was in his system. I assume it was Clomid. It would deffo clear things up much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Butson

The fact that they got the negative result on Sept 23rd, and didn't immediately demand a B sample test, tells you all you need to know.

Boxing going from the Olympics. All it takes is a BT or Sky sports to say feck this, not associating ourselves with that sport, and the whole thing crumbles.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

I took it at the end of a cycle to restart natural test production which might have been supressed.

Its not something that he could take accidentally.

I'd be willing to bet it'll be blamed on tainted supplements however, seems to be then go to in boxing and MMA lately.

Post edited by ASOT on

• Advertisement

Its kind of used as both,

It can be used in large dose to really increase test levels ,

In this case it looks like he was using something else as the primary drug & when he cam off it it stopped him producing his own test so he then used this to kick start his own test production back to normal , So he used it to hide the fact he was using something ,

This might help to get your head around it ,

A normal test result for a Male comes back at around: 300 to 1,000 nanograms per deciliter,

If your on a drug to increase your test it will come back at much higher ,for example UFC fighter Allister Overeem once failed & his result was 14 - 1 so obvious he was juiced out of his mind & still on a cycle when tested, He was heavy weight & looked like a body builder he was massive Aj would have looked small beside him, so it was obvious

Conor Benn issues was after he used & cycled off he no longer produced his own test & if he did not take the fertilely drug to kick start his system again his result would have come under so like 2-1 or 1.5 to 1 ,

So for a male in his shape at his age everyone would know he had been cheating as he couldn't possible have that low test & be that physically fit,

Thats Overeem on & then off the juice,

Hearn blaming everybody but himself of course.

Greed is ruining him.

Canelo's tainted meat line incoming.

Look at Dana White - he was told he had ten years to live recently. Now, he looks like a ripped 25-year-old within ten weeks... crazy ****. God knows what his money can access...

“I was borderline diabetic,” he said. “Now, I’m like 13 weeks in and I’m on the second phase of what he does, I don’t snore anymore. According to my wife – who used to have to sleep with earplugs, and I’d wake up three times a night gasping for air – she doesn’t hear a peep out of me anymore. My triglycerides went from 764 to under 300. I sleep seven or eight hours a night now, but the most important thing is I feel like I’m 35 years old again."

There is such thing as hard work, commitment, dedication, good diet and lifestyle choices…not everyone who looks good and transforms uses steroids/HGH…

• Registered Users Posts: 39,386 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It’s not a masking agent. That is thrown around my journalists copy and pasting info they don’t understand.

It counters the side effects of some steroids. Which might hide the effects for fans speculating from photos. But that’s not what the wada labs are looking for.

Post edited by Mellor on

It was clomid.

More or less. In high doses or would boost test by suppressing estrogen and stimulating luteinizing hormone. But I assume no athletes are doping that way.

it’s absolutely a case of post cycle recovery use as you suggested. Jon Jones popped for the same drug in the sane scenario.

The 14-1/2-1 ratio is test vrs epitest. So that wouldn’t come into it. His T would plummet post cycle, but so would his E. clomid would bring both back to normal levels.

The ‘Reem was caught mid cycle with massive amount of exogenous test to blown his ratio. Thinking of which, he’s fighting this week against Badr Hari. Ubereem is back

UKAD will investigate VADA findings. A ban could happen here for Benn. Up to 4 years being reported

Ye completely spot on

It can boost test but wouldn't make sense for that to be primary use as there are million other drugs that could do that more effectively & with smaller doses, Its 100% for post cycle in this case,

It'll be interesting to see if Ubereem's chin returns,

Denis Hogan fighting Eggington there now.

Hogan got it done, finally winning a world title.

Eggingtons corner was shocking throughout the whole fight, shouting over each other with differ from instructions. Looked disinterested halfway through the fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 MrWisdom

I've gone down a YT rabbit hole on this one.

Overall it appears there is a general reluctance in the boxing industry to call this for what it is.

My impression here is that boxing is a bit like cycling. Everyone actually involved, knows that juice is part of the game.

They also realise that joe public needs to be kept in the dark to keep the pay-per-views and corporate money flowing.

Delighted for Denis, but for our sanity can we just say that he beat a lad called Sam Eggington for an IBO title. Hearing world title, world champion just ain’t right here.

Ubereem spoiler

That juicy power is back. Crushed him

Haney v Kambosos rematch this weekend.

First one was a total shutout.

Was a poor fight. I expect another snoozer, with Haney being too slick, cute, safe and fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

More excited about Marshall v Shields which should be a cracker and the Wilder return.

Benn being investigated for another failed test for clomid before the previous one according to Michael Benson.

Mountain of salt with anything he says but since they tried to hide one it wouldn't surprise me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

The internet isn’t for everyone

Shields v Marshall this weekend,

I see Marshall claims Shield's had sex with her, Bizarre turn of event's ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

The internet isn’t for everyone

Advertisement