Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Punting , Providing Selections & Chatting Gibberish ; & I Intend To Do So On Hyah

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

5:30 Southwell - Biplane or Desert Land?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Sweet Talkin Romeo

Tough to see Desert Land win j, think, on balance; doesn't appear to see out the mile on the AW. Plus, he's by Kodiac, and i dinna much about those progeny and how they'll fare at Soutwellsy 😂 Wolves and Newcastle, yep, but Southwell, i aint so sure.

Biplane is in form - has a good wide draw for a hold-up horse, and hard to see her not go close

not long up 😃 i don't know who wins that race, but Biplane finishes ahead of Desert Land imo

🙂

8.30 Southwell

A few picks - small stakes

HOOVES LIKE JAGGER 28/1 1/2Pt EW , BE BE EX 15/2 1/2Pt WIN , AWAY WIT DA FAIRYS 16/1 1/2Pt EW , PURPLE REIGN 12/1 1/2Pt EW 4Places 1/5th

gl

Was wrong about @DESERT LAND :(

Yeap, winner winner chicken dinner 🤣 but lost 0.5pt on Biplane, as I backed both, your style; Biplane was left outside the camera shot, probably finished 5th or so. Good market support for Biplane just before off, race replays must be analysed.

• Advertisement

WD 😊

early pick for tomorrow - Kempton: Standard to Slow

7,0'c

aint looked at much in this race, but BOWMAN 12/1 NB WIN , can go well from low draw in box two.. form of his 2nd over C/D in May worked out well, and in a race won in a fast time,, not ran so well since, but all those runs have been on turf... will hopefully make all here

one for tonight:

8.0'c Southwell

STATE OF BLISS 8/1 EW

Good draw, a distance winner & should be unexposed over track/trip... also backed del's pick TEQUILAMOCKINGBIRD 11/4 WIN

rev f'cast on the two as well :)

little appeal with the cards for the next few days,,

afaic there's three things what are paramount when it comes to picking winners, and those are: "The Going"

we don't know what's going on this time of the year eg Huntingdon was banned today cos ---- ?? ,, Ludlow appears to be called off tomorrow, and I'm seeing 'Firm' and 'Hard' in that description FFS - this time of t'year?/? 😮

Thursday 6th October

Warwick - Good

1,05 Warwick

I see an old favourite AL GAIYA ~33s in 'probable/early' SP is due to make her hurdles' bow here; not the most trustworthy mare imo ; but on a good day, she goes well at flat middle-distance trips,, by Olympic Glory, and will be hoping for rain there, as they seem to go well on soft ground

will keep a good eye on Al Gaiya, who's been with the dual-purpose trainer Joe Ponting, a few months now - possibly he got her from Brian O'Rourke's yard with jumping in mind

nothing there

a few darts in 8,30 (Be Be Ex a non - still gt me 3 EW pokes) - we'll hope one lands 🤣

• Advertisement

tomorrow

5.25 Kempton SUPREME KING 5/4 WIN

can't see his price getting any shorter bigger; little bit of juice in 5/4 methinks

and, on that note - putting up a shorty - think i'll leave off studying/punting for a while,,

mebbe the wkend will see 'Soft' in most going descriptions; shud make for better studying propositions if so

STR

edit: opposite/wrong word correction there

Post edited by Sweet Talkin Romeo on

8.30 Southwell

A few picks - small stakes

HOOVES LIKE JAGGER 28/1 1/2Pt EW , BE BE EX 15/2 1/2Pt WIN , AWAY WIT DA FAIRYS 16/1 1/2Pt EW , PURPLE REIGN 12/1 1/2Pt EW 4Places 1/5th

gl

Be Be Ex non-runner; Away Wit Da Fairys places (4th)

no joy overall y'day :(

@Sweet Talkin Romeo's ''hopeful EW outsiders"

2 each way in the one race

3,0'c Navan

SUNSET NOVA 40/1, SCARLET DANCER 28/1

gl

thinking of backing @Morando for @Andrewbalding for @Cesarewitch @ @headquartersnewmarket@Newmarket @~50/1

be luukin @decs on @today

Andrew Balding pick up a big staying h'cap @sometime , cos he has them sorta horsies and me @hopetobeon

no good here

3,0'c Navan

SUNSET NOVA 40/1 9th :( , SCARLET DANCER 28/1 nr

8.00 Kempton

COURTSIDE 10/1 EW , DION BAKER 18/1 EW , MONTERIA 14/1 EW

+speculative f'csts nd t'casts

I never pressed "post comment"... LOL, yeah, after timing is great.

8:00, Ford Madox Brown is out again, I backed him last 3 times, probably just breaking even at this stage, but I don't think it's his day today... so no bet.

Still nothing for Chelly tonight? Shocking!

• Advertisement

8.30 Chel

T'well supported KING OF THE KIPPAX 13/2 WIN can go well here; on what appears to be a more suitable trip - based on breeding - than what the 3-y-o has been running over previously

gluck ☺️

I had a look at remaining races in Chelmsford, didn't get tempted by anything, I leave it be. I unsuccessfully backed Pussycat Eyes in 6pm race (went off to quick I thought) and that was it for the day.

Sat'dee 8th October

Hexham - Good to soft-soft in places

1.54 Plenty of these have some decent form in t'book. Methinks ex-Irish CARRAREA ~4/5 is vulnerable here on his first start abroad,, looks a lay at that price anyroad. Trip is ~2m. and i think @Carrarea wants more of a trip, and likely better ground also, than what he'll face on t'weekend... it is of some interest/curiosity, however, that he was scratched from ~2m. 4f. Maiden Hurdle later in card - would have considered that race to be more suitable trip-wise, but i aint M T Walford,,

3.34 Gordon sends over FINNTHEMAGICIAN ~11/8 for this ~2m. 4f. Maiden Hurdle what me referenced above,, by Shantou, i think they want better ground,, will look at laying for 2 , 3 & perhaps 4 places here 

PADDY THE HORSE ~9/2 WIN would not have unobvious claims here,, came a close staying on third lto at the course over ~1/2m shorter; came third over the trip back in Oct last year, which was on soft ground at Carlisle.. was held up in his latest run, which seemed to be a change of tactics used on most of his previous runs (up with pace on most of his runs - held up the last twice).. was also held up the time before that, but looked to hit the front too soon at Kelso

happy with the prospective prices on all the above - for both the win pick, as well as the lay ones

😊

another one for Saturday

Curragh: Yielding - Soft. likely be Soft/Heavy come Saturday, i reckon

5.30 Curragh POPPY PETAL ~16/1 EW

has a low draw (last three winners of this come from boxes 5, 2 & 9) in box three; she ran okay on her only run at the course, which was over C/D in May, and on better ground,, should appreciate a lot of cut in ground, being by Fast Company; and Shane Foley gets back leg-up here, in a change from the horse's last three runs, when she were partnered by apprentices.. layoff of almost 100 days to overcome tho

no joy there - ran a good race, but were out back too long; meks up ground near the end but never in contention, finishes third

Downpatrick: Yielding

3.07 WILLYOUWALKWITHEME NB 16/1 1Pt EW , CALAHILL 20/1 1/2Pt EW

Stick topweight Ballinlough Gale & Ask The Leader in for tricast purposes

if going gets softer (likely/hope it will) then Willyouwalkwithme should give reet good account today 🙂😊🤣

g'luck :)

6.00 Dundalk LADY ARWEN 12/1 EW

7.00 Dundalk TIMOURID 14/1 EW NAP

+e/w dble

☺️

5.10 Ncs - Athollblair Boy 'almost' wins - just ran out of it - TF , cos it be a cliff horse for me 🤣

slightly similar happened wiv Eglish at Dundalk 6. 0'c - 2nd he come after looking possible winner - a pliff horse that one , or a 'clumper' , even, ie both a 'pagejumper' & a 'cliff horse' 😛

3.34 Gordon sends over FINNTHEMAGICIAN ~11/8 for this ~2m. 4f. Maiden Hurdle what me referenced above,, by Shantou, i think they want better ground,, will look at laying for 2 , 3 & perhaps 4 places here 

PADDY THE HORSE ~9/2 WIN would not have unobvious claims here,, came a close staying on third lto at the course over ~1/2m shorter; came third over the trip back in Oct last year, which was on soft ground at Carlisle.. was held up in his latest run, which seemed to be a change of tactics used on most of his previous runs (up with pace on most of his runs - held up the last twice).. was also held up the time before that, but looked to hit the front too soon at Kelso

am convinced by ur PADDY THE HORSE leff; have had a bit on at 4s ,, hope we're lucky m8 😊 Looking at prices here atm - Finnthemagician 15/8 & current 2nd fav Gaelic Park is ~5/2,, Open enough - i think our/your pick Paddy goes off shorter than 3s

hard to rule out Gaelic Park for this - going on his PtP run - Probably found the ~2m trip a bit sharp lto on his 2nd bumper run,,,, like yer good self, am thinking the ground beats Elliott's horse

just the one bet for me tho 🙂

gl

• Advertisement

Curragh: Yielding - Soft. likely be Soft/Heavy come Saturday, i reckon

5.30 Curragh POPPY PETAL ~16/1 EW

a bit to take on trust tbs, but hard to resist an e/w go at some of the 33s available 🙂

Advertisement