Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Google Pixel 7/Pixel 7 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭henke

I was half considering it when there was the possibility of a gift option but it's a no now when those across the water are getting it. Poor form Google.

I'm sure it's an oversight, and it'll appear soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

It'll probably come in and out of stock, like last year.

And we don't even get a trade-in option here!

What a jip!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭TheRona

I'm not losing hope on the free gift until we get the promo email about the devices and it isn't mentioned. Our store hasn't been updated like a lot of the other European locations, I'm hoping that someone just has forgotten to flick a switch to turn on the promo banner at the top of the site. 😥

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭one man clappin

i see vodafone uk have a deal to pre order the P7Pro and get the new pixel watch.

No sign from any provider in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Philip42

Nope, they can stick it up their Aras if that’s the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Irish customers treated like dirt again.

We were included last year and the year before. Something seriously wrong if they’ve got last year’s phones still on the site at the same time as Pixel 7 at the exact same price. Was wondering why Very.ie were overcharging for it earlier with the deal. Kind of explains it.

From what I can see, it's only France, Germany and the UK with the offer. Some other European countries like Italy don't have the promo.

Maybe it's the end result of the shitshow last year, where they couldn't get all the promo items out. I ended up with QC45's and €70 store credit for eventually getting the gift.

.....and I just got the email promoting the P7 and P7Pro. No mention of the pre-order gift, whereas the same email last year mentioned it. Shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

I saw people on the Pixel subreddit saying that they won't deliver to parcel motel type setups in Germany, but Im only repeating what I read.

Crazy enough that we don't get the preorder, but also not accepting trade-ins either... Not good enough. Was hoping to trade in my Pixel 6 for a 7 or 7 pro if the watch was on offer.

Yes, very shabby treatment. How to alienate a whole section of people. Well done Google. Just got that email as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,819 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It's bad form only offering a pre order bonus to three European countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Aokay

That pre order bonus was the only thing that made me want the Pixel 7 Pro. Without it I'm just not interested at all.

Same. As i say, with no promo they can shove it.

I doubt the trade-in would get you more than just selling the phone yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

No promo for Ireland? Google has dropped the ball with this

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

I'll wait a couple months now, might pick it up on Amazon down the line. Although tempted to have it sent to a friend in London and posted back here

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Aokay

This did cross my mind but I didn't want to have it subject to any kind of import duty, and also the fact it has a battery. I'd sooner just fly over and collect it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭henke

Shameful stuff from Google. I'm in Donegal and an address 20 odd miles away gets essentially a €379 device included or if they want to sell it on a phone for €300 + of a discount depending on what way you look at it. Another cock up from Google and I'm sure other excluded countries will be equally enraged. They really do struggle to get things right at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭iHungry

If an order is made on amazon.de. Would the offer work?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Was looking forward to a pre order bonus, am looking to jump from a Note 9 to P7.

Normally i'd buy here so you get the 6 year irish consumer law protection but might do a trip to London.

Even a cheeky day trip to wherever is cheapest with Ryanair and collect from a parcel motel type locker....

And another trip to take delivery of your preorder bonus a few weeks later?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,164 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

If I remember correctly last year the offer didn't appear until around 8pm so keep the faith peeps.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭baziled13

Looks like only 3 countries on the promotion, big let down no way I be ordering if no promotion

https://promo-rewards.com/2022launch/en-GB

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Leon124

I checked and I can buy it. But the price is 929.22 euro + 8 euro delivery. Standard Shipping date --22-25 OCT. Priority Date 19-20 OCT

As was mentioned earlier, it's actually the LTE version of the watch that Google are giving free, which is £379.

As you'll no doubt notice, there's no LTE version of the watch on the IE store.

This is no doubt because the watch is provisioned with an eSIM.

Only VF support eSIM in IE and in their infinite wisdom have only made in provisionable on phones, not watches.

So lack of eSIM support and VF being idiots have probably screwed us out of pre-order bonuses ☹️

I don’t think the offer works with it though.

You can choose if you want the WiFi or the LTE model, you can also choose which colour you'd like etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭redmond08

I have the P6 Pro, so I didn't see any point getting the P7 Pro. I really want the Pixel Watch, but if I got the watch for free with the P7 Pro I would definitely upgrade. Google have never cared for their customers or products in Ireland, I understand, it's a small country. But they have no problem having their European headquarters here & using the generous 12.5% cooperation tax 😉

Must be partly responsible though.

Or Google hate us, 1 or the other 😇

• Advertisement

Haha! Definitely the latter. Just no interest in such a small market I guess ..

It's a shame, I went back with Samsung last year and was looking forward to moving back to a pixel but I just can't accept paying full price for something when the majority are getting what equates to a massive discount thanks to an expensive pre order bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Leon124

Why? After 14 days you have to fill form https://promo-rewards.com/2022lunch/de-DE Then you should get the watch in 60 days. Remember. If you can't apply for the watch becouse delivery address is not in Germany, you can always return phone in 30 days (Amazon policy).

How about a click and collect in the north

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

That's a bit stingy of Google, was fully prepared to pre-order today.

I think the problem here will be when claiming the offer, I presume it will only allow you to enter a UK/German/French postal address.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭selassie

I think it may be the reason. Looking at the list of LTE providers here: https://support.google.com/googlepixelwatch/answer/12652073?hl=en-GB#networkinfo Germany,France,UK are the only european countries with LTE providers.

You can get the free wifi watch in the uk promotion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Have any Irish networks confirmed they're doing the phone yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,164 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Is the pixel tablet going to be available here?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 12 tomasie

Lol, I waited for the preorder, ready to buy as soon as it opened for orders, but if Germans get free watch at the same phone price I'm saying:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Hope it doesn't have same woeful weak signal reception as the pixel 6..

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭nigwerwig

I was just on to google about the preorder gift had a bit of a mad conversation. The guy said that they fighting over why Ireland etc were not getting the gifts and to post on Facebook etc to put pressure on the management team to give Ireland etc the gifts.

That’s very interesting. I wonder if we splurged on one now would the preorder gift be offered respectively for those who made the jump. Mmm.

I was thinking of swallowing my pride and just going for the normal one seeing as there’s no gift.

• Advertisement

I'm not going to bother buying the pixel 7 if there no gift.

But he said the the pre orders close on the 12th don't hold me to this

Hit up any social media your on, go to google page comment and dm them about It. They may do a u turn

Post edited by nigwerwig on

Pixel buds pros are the free gift for the Pixel 7 which I was getting for the wife and was going to keep the buds, just going to wait for black Friday in November and get in discount.

Yes, that’s correct. The preorders do close then. Having said that, i can kind of make peace with going for the smaller Pixel as didn’t want the scabby ear buds anyway.

Probably 100 off on or around bf I think that's what p6 was last year

• Advertisement
Advertisement