Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

‼️Russia is purposefully exterminating its population, which can oppose the Kremlin's policy

▪️Vadim Skibitskyi, representative of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine, spoke in the "Orestocracy" program about the Kremlin's deliberate extermination of representatives of peoples who can oppose the usurpation of power in Russia.

"We are observing, for example, the history of the North Caucasus. The Kremlin understands that this is a region where there may be some resistance, or where there may be a protest movement. Because of that, there is a complete mobilization of young people who are able to resist, who are able to speak out against the Kremlin. They have lists and data about those people who express protest, who may be dangerous for the Putin regime. They are simply taken away and sent as cannon fodder to the front, and this is now very easy to hide with mobilization. This is happening in the same Tatarstan and other regions where national minorities live, which in the future may oppose the Kremlin's policy," said a representative of Ukraine's military intelligence.

This makes sense in the context of my seeing reports that some villages and towns are seeing near 100% mobilisations of the male population.

Mordor is so completele effed up it's sometimes hard to think the place is in the same dimension we inhabit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,455 ✭✭✭jmreire

So far, I've managed to avoid finding out by personal experience (obviously, or I would not be posting here on Boards LOL) and am optimistic that I won't be finding out in the future either. But still, you never know do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,504 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

We were discussing why a double tap to the body and where it came from.

DP is actually a police originated tactic not originally a military tactical shooting skill even though they adapted it. The one to the head is a special forces/ military addition to the technique.

Double tap was actually developed for two reasons originally. The first was that the second shot brought you eye in better as for the first shot you might not have your hands fully extended. The second shot was more capable of permanently disabling an opponent.

The second reason for the DP was the use of full metal jacket rounds. A FMJ round was more likely to penetrate without doing enough damage to disable as previously lead rounds which had the ability to expand and tumble therefore causing more damage.

The DP was developed further by the military in that you had to reaquire your target for the second shot. With constant training the two shots are fired close togeather and are not taught to be a controlled shooting by an untrained person

In a police situation you did not want Police officers firing uncontrolled in area where there was people especially with the advent of FMJ.

FMJ's were becoming more popular because as they also offered secure automatic reloading. That is they limited the probability of jamming.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

Interesting you learn something new everyday thanks for the update. Always open to correction and learning something.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Asked what Australia could do to help Ukraine, Zelensky said the Albanese government had been preparing a “significant package” of assistance that will be announced soon.

“This process is ongoing as we speak and I’m very grateful to that,” he said. “It’s not only small arms but heavy weapons as well.”

Zelensky said that, for the upcoming round of assistance, Australia had been negotiating with other countries to announce a joint support package for Ukraine.

Ukrainian Ambassador to Australia Vasyl Myroshnychenko has publicly asked Australia to provide Ukraine with a supply of anti-ship missiles known as Harpoons and howitzer long-range weapons.

Ukraine is also asking for an additional fleet of 30 four-wheel drive vehicles on top of the 60 already provided.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky addresses the Lowy Institute.Credit:YouTube/Lowy Institute

“Bushmasters really help us on the battlefield,” Zelensky said on Thursday night.

“They preserve the lives of our soldiers on the ground...The more weapons and ammunition we receive - artillery, drones, anti-aircraft, anti-tank, anti-ship missiles - the more Russia would feel the responsibility for violating international law.”

Beyond providing extra military assistance, Zelensky called for nations such as Australia to use their diplomatic clout to ensure there is a resounding condemnation of Russia at an upcoming vote against recent referendums to annex four Ukrainian regions.

Ukranian President Volodymyr Zelensky told the Lowy Institute he was looking forward to more military assistance from Australia

And in a most delicious turning of the tables

Kremlin slams Zelensky’s Australian speech

Ukraine’s leader has sparked a furious response after using an Australian speech to call for a pre-emptive strike against Russia.

In a discussion with the Lowy Institute, Volodymyr Zelensky suggested NATO should launch preventive strikes to rule out any Russian use of nuclear weapons.

“What should NATO do? Make it impossible for Russia to use nuclear weapons,” he told the Australian think tank.

Zelensky did not go into specific detail about what kind of strikes he meant.

However, Russia has been quick to denounce his comments.

“Such statements are nothing other than an appeal to start yet another world war with unpredictable, monstrous consequences,” Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said.

Peskov's response would indicate Putin has been bluffing as he sounds positively scared.

Well played, Mr Zelensky, smoked them out nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,536 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Ukraine has already said Zelensky was completely misquoted btw and wasn't suggesting anything about launching pre-emptive nuclear strikes against Russia.

I often wonder what trump meant by an attack you never seen the likes of. Loads of MOABS ? some kind of kinetic weapon on satellite platforms. Like the Odin system from COD tungsten rods.

US President Joe Biden has said the world is facing the biggest threat of nuclear "Armageddon" since the days of President Kennedy and the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Speaking at a Democratic Party fundraiser in New York, his 'off camera' comments were overheard by journalists from the White House pool.

Describing Russian President Vladimir Putin, President Biden said he had "got to know the guy pretty well".

"He's not joking when he talks about the use of tactical nuclear weapons or biological or chemical weapons because his military is you might say significantly underperforming."

"First time since the Cuban missile crisis, we have a direct threat of the use nuclear weapon if in fact things continue down the path they are going," he said.

Mr Biden said he and US officials were searching for a diplomatic off-ramp.

"I'm trying to figure out what is Putin's off-ramp?" he said. "Where does he find a way out? Where does he find himself in a position that he does not only lose face but lose significant power within Russia?

"We have not faced the prospect of Armageddon since Kennedy and the Cuban missile crisis."

He added: "I don't think there's any such thing as the ability to easily (use) a tactical nuclear weapon and not end up with Armageddon.

"I didn't realise how much serious damage the previous administration did to our foreign policy."

house to house fighting is very intense

A very close encounter

One thing is for sure,he wont be getting up again

looking at it further he had his pants up so not taking a crap. glad there was no blood tbh though.

• Advertisement

So people changes sides all off a sudden because of Russias invasion,why am i not surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

On the whole nuke thing. China would turn their backs on Russia if they did it. If war broke out the eastern cities of Russia could be hit with nukes and the fall out would affect China. They need stability right now not nuclear threats.

Even if only one small nuke goes off or the power plant blows up at the very least China will suffer economically with increased sanctions which would cover anyone who deals with Russia.

They'd also have to publicly condemn Russia and paint them as the bad guy's. The same goes for India and Turkey would turn even more against Russia.

Then there's the nuclear fallout which would blow into Russia. It's a lose lose situation for Putin. Now vague nuclear threats are a win as it scares the **** out of westerners who are afraid of Ukraine making "too" much progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Polar101

The threat of nukes is the main strength Russia has. And it's a real threat. But using a tactical nuke would be a catastrophic mistake - it wouldn't achieve much on the battlefield, and it would completely isolate Russia from the rest of the world. And it would make China (and India) Russia's enemies.

Winds generally blow east.. so fallout in Ukraine would affect the country east of Ukraine.

I think I'm pretty much just repeating what you already said, so I agree completely.

Ah, it won’t be Russia related. It’ll be anti guberment stuff. He and his voting base against the establishment will be his and Clare’s shtick.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭cheese sandwich

Is there any evidence that India and China would decisively turn against Putin if he used a tactical nuke? I doubt they would be happy about it privately but they’ve stuck with him after he launched a brutal war of occupation on the most pathetic pretext ever - I wouldn’t be confident that they would break with him unless he went completely insane and threatened to wipe out London or Paris or something similar

Is the person in the bog talking?

seems doubt about legitimacy. Angle of gun firing seems wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭dennis72

Where would Russia explode a nuke for best effect

I think western Ukraine or odessa

Civilians are viable targets in putler's sick mind already a mass murderer

The 96hours of US/NATO involvement sees Russia anialated

There should post nuke war gaming preparations displays

Nuke threat climb down will be a disaster for the west

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

You seem to have an excessive almost obsessive knowledge about how to ‘kill’……are you American / texian perhaps or an ex-Marine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭EOQRTL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭EOQRTL

And this folks is why Twitter is a cesspit. More fake news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I very much doubt Trump actually meant anything by that statement. I think it was just his usual hyperbole. It’s unlikely he knew the difference between the various options. This was a man who inquired about the use of nuclear weapons to stop hurricanes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

To be fair, he can hardly come out and say Putin is definitely bluffing. Biden is pretty much forcing his hand if he does that.

By playing to his ego, he's more likely to not do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭rogber

Despite the hundreds of terminal medical diagnoses he's received on this thread since last winter, Putin turns 70 today. Obviously his body is a bit more robust than his country's military.

I, for one, wish him an awful birthday and a thoroughly miserable new decade marked by defeat, isolation, and humiliation.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I see your "Russia is using chemical weapons" card, but I raise you my "Putin is dying card" and my "Russian army is running out of stuff to fight with" card 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭briany

I would like to join you in wishing Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin a very, very crappy birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,828 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Whats this 'the BOMB' nonsense I keep seeing posted?

It reminds me of knuckle dragging Trump supporters saying 'Orange Man Bad' as some kind of 'witty' rebuke.

It'd be kind of funny if he did though. "Putin, Russia, the BOMB? Hahaha I bet none of their nuclear weapons even work." Just to see what would happen

That just about sums it up. It's a favourite term from the "death to the orcs" crowd who think any talk of nuclear weapons is a big joke

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

3 targets in Ireland, it was revealed a few years ago.

Better to be at ground zero if it happens.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement