Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

Jesus, mary, joseph and the wee donkey, we already have what, 2 or 3 of those? Or is it the one from Little Catherine st relocating, I saw their building was up for sale a while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,050 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Knock on Little Catherine St. is gone. I'm surprised no one has taken it for a coffee shop as it's a very nice looking unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

How is a shop selling religious books able to afford the rent on oconnell St?

Depends on which religion and denomination.

Could be anything from actual sales, donations or paid by the church in question. Could it also be a donated lease to stop a CPO.

Is there still a book shop attached to the church across the road from that site ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

Yeah the former Knock shrine shop has been up for sale for a few months. I think it might have gone "sale agreed" now. Accommodation on the ground and first floor so it would be ideal for a cafe or restaurant on a street that's particularly suitable for such a use. Hopefully it can be turned around relatively quickly but considering it seems to take far longer for premises to be re-occupied in Limerick than other cities we could be waiting.

The former Greene's restaurant next door is a case in point. It's been empty and deteriorating since the end of 2017. Can't believe the Council haven't added it to the Vacant Sites Register. I contacted them about it a few months ago and apparently a survey is now underway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭adaminho

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Every city needs a Veritas on it's main street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Too small a site for the current VSR. If deemed suitable for Residential Zoned Land Tax it may NS included.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

Sexton for Men are opening in Castletroy Town Centre. Hopefully it's successful. No clothes shop lasts very long there

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Smyths and Icon are officially reopening on Saturday. It seems that Icon was actually open for graduation parties last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭wildrover444

Anyone know what going into Dorothy Perkins/Burtons in Childers road . Saw builders in there today . Lots of painting of trees and greenery on the walls.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

I heard that Is where Mountain Warehouse is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,549 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I was in Childers Road on Sunday and I'm fairly sure I saw a Mountain Warehouse sign where that stuff used me. I don't know would it take up all those units tough.

Well at least they are finally in a warehouse 😁

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Sports Direct on Childers Road is open again after its refurb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hi all,

As a Boardsie for many many (MANY) years, I really should have mentioned this more openly and more directly as the community we have is unique. So I started a business in Limerick. A huge step for me as I spent 19 years in corporate and was let go just before covid happened. I know that whatever I did next, I wanted it to be something I loved. The hardest thing for me is self promotion so here goes (approved by mod).

I opened a stall at Wickham Way Market where I sell bundles of Pokemon cards to kids and collector-grade cards to adults. We are there every Saturday from 10-3 and we are expanding into other areas over the next few months. We have a second market in Thurles once a month.

We would love it if you could spread the word to any family and friends who have kids that are into Pokemon. We also sell online at www.pokebundles.com in case you are from outside of Limerick - you can use WELCOME10 to get 10% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭djdunny

Oooooh walk up moderator requests on a Saturday :-p

best of luck with it FutureGuy.

maybe you could pull a fast one on Logan Paul and you’d be set for life!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭adaminho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Decathlon now have a countdown timer on their website for Limerick. It gives the date as (186 days from now) April 1st 2023.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

man they be playing the long game on the Aprils fools jokes...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Whatever it is, it appears to be a well hidden secret. There is no folio for that building, no land registry, no deed, no planning application, nothing. With one of them you can trace the LTD company involved(like with Decathlon, you could find the architect did all the works for Decathlon so it was pretty sure it was them) but with 130 O'Connell Street(appears to be that address) there is nothing. Shame, as I'm fairly nosey to find out.

Nandos will have a good following, 5 guys people will give out about it because of pricing(I do visit 5 guys myself in other places, likely heading to one this weekend in Dublin), could be a Wagamamma. Now, we only have what an estate agent calls a "well known" restaurant so who knows what his opinion of well known is. Challenge also with "restaurant" is that McDonalds(just for the sake of the argument) is a QSR(quick serve restaurant) so anything fast food can be classed as such.

Unless there is other news we often see the jobs posted for the management before the Limerick are back on talking about the story again like it new news. I did like a Facebook comment about it being Burgerland. Now that would be not quite well known but a welcome blast from the past for some of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

its a subway lads...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

We do Monorails in Limerick, not Subways but thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

The unit was subject to a planning application (17552) in 2017 which saw the change of use from retail to restaurant.

At the time Dunnes were still the owners and it was speculated it might be Five Guys as they had moved into the former Dunnes Home store on Sth Great George’s Street in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

Back in 2017, a representative from the Dunnes Stores property section said their target tenant list included but "was not limited to; Nando's, Eddie Rockets, KFC, Milano, Five Guys, Jamie's Kitchen, Bunsen, TGI Fridays etc."

I was hoping that the site would be redeveloped and a taller building with a strong facade design (brick, natural stone etc.) be constructed. The current building is underscaled compared to the rest of O'Connell Street and the frontage has been butchered many times over the last 60 years or so. Indeed the whole block from Bedford Row to Sarsfield Street is a mess. Especially the awful Bank of Ireland lump of misery.

O'Connell st. Doh is reopening Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭maebee

Advertisement