Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

22/23 WC thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Having WC’d in GW8, I’m thinking of a -8 already. (Mini WC)

KDB, Bailey, Perisic out.

James, Maddison, Diaz in.

I’d love Salah in but it’d mean Salah and a 5mil mid in over Diaz & Maddison. The latter is better I feel.

Have serious Liverpool FOMO for whatever reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,696 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I wonder is spreading the funds around, rather than having 1 dedicated 4.0/4.3 ish sub a better idea for this upcoming month with all the fixtures and rotations? Also the GW12 blank to be factored in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

Current WC team, 7 transfers made.

Ward

TAA, James, Cancelo, Tripper

Salah (c), Maddison, Martinelli

Armstrong, Mitro, Haaland

Iversen, Zaha, Andreas, Nico W.

0.1 ITB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Mitrovic injury unfortunate.....hard to know if to hold him,,,,wonder is he out for long?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

Pope Ward

Cancelo Trippier Saliba Guehi Fofana

Trossard Zaha Maddison Foden Andreas

Jesus Haaland Kane

Opinions on this WC anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Looks good but do you have any plan for gw 12?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Any opinions on my wc

Raya Ward

James trippier dalot mykolenko estupinan

Zaha maddison rashford trossard Diaz

Kane haaland scamacca

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Which player in front 8 are you benching? Sacamacca is a bit expensive to benching imo.

Other than that can't really fault it - personally I would prefer to have KdB than Kane, purely cause city will create a lot more chances than Spurs

Will bench a different player every week depending on fixtures. Can bring in kdb after gw12 when city blank. Want to have a strong 15 with so many games coming up as there will be plenty of rotation

I dunno who you think is going to be rotated out of those front 7 except for Sacamacca. I can't realistically see you benching anyone else (bar GW12 obv). If you had Trossard last week v Liverpool, would you have benched him?

I think you could use the extra funds saved on Sacamacca elsewhere in the team, or just to have ITB for future moves.

Fair enough city blank GW12 - but to only have 1 City player v Southampton at home i think is a mistake, even have Foden in there. Who do you think will return more this GW, Foden or Diaz?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

Trippier + Auba vs Cancelo + Wilson? already have a Chelsea (James) and Newcastle (Pope) player. not sure on doubling up on Newcastle defence

Pope Ward

Saliba Guehi James Mings (Trippier/Cancelo)

Trossard Zaha Maddison Foden Andreas

Haaland Kane (Auba/Wilson)

Think I'm settled on this

Pickford ward

James Trent trippier cancelo mitchell

Zaha Diaz maddison trossard andreas

Haaland mitrovic scamacca

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Cancelo and Wilson for me.

Cancelo playing RB looks even more dangerous. Scared as a non owner.

If Walker was fit it'd be a tougher call.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

Had hoped to hold till GW13 but have 3 City, Martinelli, Luis Diaz, Maddison, Neco and Tete.

Only have 1 FT, so would need a -8 to guarantee 9 starters, so WC it is, with a -4 or -8 in GW 13 to bring in more City/Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

would a free hit not make more sense considering you will want at least 5 of those back

I think the FH could be more valuable for some of the BGWs or DGWs in the 2nd half of the season. I can have 3 City/Arsenal on the bench in GW12 and bring in 2 more in GW13 for -4.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

I’m in the same boat as Benimar and using my wc although I can see the appeal of the FH especially with Maddison suspended, but with only 5 gws left I’m glad I kept I still have my WC.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

Latest WC team:

Kepa

Doherty, Gomez, Trippier, Castagne,

Trossard, Andreas, Salah (c), Almiron,

Kane, Wilson,

Ward, Cancelo, Martinelli, Haaland.

Have enough in the bank to do Trossard/Almiron to Foden/ Murphy or maybe I’ll just get Murphy in instead.

Nice team. I haven’t had a chance to look at mine yet but might look at an Everton defender and Mount if I have the cash. Will bench the same 3 players I reckon and might take a -4 in GW13 to bring in Foden and Saliba

Looking at going for the 3 big hitters - Haaland, Kane and Salah. Going to bring in Foden too, but wondering if Saka + 5m defender would be better than Cancelo + Almiron/Eze?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

I am on a wildcard too but I don't see how I can get Cancelo, Haaland, Salah and Kane in. I have plenty of cheap enablers as it is!

Current team is:

Sanchez Pope

Guehi Castagne Cancelo Trippier Dier

Salah Mount Almiron A. Pereira Martinelli

Haaland Toney Mitrovic

I have money in the bank to go to Toney to Jesus and Mount to Foden in the next 2 gameweeks.

^^ I don't have access to the FF site atm, but at start of Season I had TAA, Salah, Son and Haaland (along with Jesus). I think Son was more expensive than Kane, and TAA was more expensive than Cancelo, so it would be easy enough to pull a decent team together. Question I would have is Kane worth the money - yes he has returned in most game so far, but Spurs aren't creating half as many chances as City are, and he's is/was more expensive than Haaland. The likes of Toney/Mitrovic are more likely to score 2+ goals a game than Kane gives how the teams play. Is Kane + cheapie better than 2 mid price players?

Just looking at team above - to save money - do you need Sanchez if you have Pope? Ward will save you 0.5/0.6m?

Is Dier better pick than Saliba/White?

Bowne has shown some form of late.

Palace' run of fixtures are quite nice, so you'll hardly bench Guehi, so looking at your team, what 3 players would you be looking to bench each week, Castagne, Pereira and ??? I think when you figure out the ??? you might realise that you could just get another cheap player player that will get you 2 points when needed, but for the time being will allow you to use funds to get Kane if that's what you really want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

Having 11 players playing this week means I can only have 3 outfield players from Arsenal/City on the bench. I already had Haaland and Cancelo so don't want to lose any money on them. I had White but had to sacrifice him. I already had Dier.

I think I was just asking a general question as to how one could have all the players. I think I started the season with TAA, Cancelo, Salah and Kane. I would need to find 2.6m to have Kane in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Current WC team...

Kepa, Ward

Trippier, Guehi, Tarkowski, N.Willams, Cancelo

Trossard, Andreas, Salah (c), Eze, Martinelli

Kane, Mitro, Haaland

Edit: Gonna punt on Eze this week. Next week I'll do Trossard+Eze to Foden+Murphy for a -4. I might even bench boost next week too...

Post edited by sheroman01 on

I'm on:

Kepa, Ward

Cancelo, Trippier, Doherty, Kilman, Guehi

Salah, Mount or Trossard, Martinelli, Almiron, Andreas

Kane, Haaland, Solanke

Plan is to bring in Foden for Mount/Trossard next week.

Still contemplating downgrading Cancelo to a 5m which would allow a Mount/Trossard & Almiron to Foden and Saka -4 in GW13. Cancelo has killed me this season though as I haven't had him for a single GW.

With Walker injured, and City's nice fixtures. I think it's worth keeping Cancelo.

I'm tinkering around with the idea of bringing in Saka as well (alongside Foden). But, Kane would have to make way. It really boils down to who I think is a better combo - Toney+Saka...or...Kane+Guehi/Tarkowski. Toney+Saka is tempting, both on pens. Kane is so consistent though....

Toney is one booking from a suspension, which is one of the reasons I got rid. Kane is very consistent and has 3 of the next 4 at home after the Man U game. I also want Saka but I think Kane will be a hold for me for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

On WC myself:

Ward (Raya)

Trippier - Jonny - Guehi - Neco (Cancelo)

Salah (c) - Mount - Barnes - Andreas (Martinelli)

Toney - Wilson (Haaland)

2.5 ITB

Barnes probably becomes Foden next week. Whichever of Wilson or Toney becomes compromised first will go back to Jesus.

No Kane, or Son - I don't like it, but they're very expensive, without wonderful fixtures.

Mount I'm not particularly comfortable with either, or Jonny.... or much of my team, but it's only for a few weeks until we can reset again.

I can't believe I'm using the WC and I'm reliant on BOTH Ward and Neco Williams...

• Advertisement

Last minute punt on Billing (BOU) :D

Good luck all!

Advertisement